Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
In Rainbows - Radiohead
    #7542500 -

I'm on my first listen through, on the song Nude, and I've decided to add this CD to my trip playlist for next month.

If you haven't checked it out yet, do it.

(Yes, I'm buying this when I can)


--------------------

We are always acting on what has just finished happening. It happened at least 1/30th of a second ago. We think we're in the present, but we aren't. The present we know is only a movie of the past.
Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In Rainbows - Radiohead [Re: mentalIMAGE]
    #7542512 -

It's solid, but not worth a purchase if you've already downloaded it


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In Rainbows - Radiohead [Re: mentalIMAGE]
    #7542518 -

i've heard a couple songs off Youtube and i'm not particulary impressed. perhaps its a grower, though. I'm probably going to purchase it next year, but right now I'm thinking about just dling it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In Rainbows - Radiohead [Re: mentalIMAGE]
    #7544279 -

i think it is an awesome album. it really hit me on my 5th listening as to how good it really is.


--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In Rainbows - Radiohead [Re: Limerick]
    #7544466 -

I think all radiohead albums require through listening to really get. I love the new album. I think its awesome.


--------------------
ToiletDuk said:
For the record, I would show you my butthole but you would fall down and worship it as a God and you would give up everything to roam the land converting the heathens by fire and sword. Millions would die. No, no the cost is too great. I cannot.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In Rainbows - Radiohead [Re: TrippinTeddy]
    #7545326 -

this album is definitely one to grow on you.

i listened to it a couple times all the way through and thought i wouldn't like it as much as the rest of their discography.

but i listened to it probably 6 times since then and once on acid... i really love it now. just play it enough to get familiar with the songs and they grow on you like mold.


--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In Rainbows - Radiohead [Re: plexus]
    #7545341 -

I like it, but Kid A will always be my favourite.
Still, it's a very good album.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In Rainbows - Radiohead [Re: m.v2]
    #7545800 -

Just listened to the reckoner..I'm liking it, nice and mellow.
Being a fan of their newer experimental stuff, I will for sure buy the album once it's released as a cd.
Glad they're back! :smile:


--------------------
"We contemplate the same stars, the Heavens are common to us all, and the same world surrounds us. What matters the path of wisdom by which each person seeks the truth? One cannot reach such a great mystery by a single path." - Symmachus, challenging the violent persecution of pagans by Catholic Roman emperor Theodosius I

"When you look at yourself from a universal standpoint, something inside always reminds or informs you that there are bigger and better things to worry about."
-Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In Rainbows - Radiohead [Re: mentalIMAGE]
    #7545988 -

I wish I could buy it sooner (I have no more cash on my credit card :frown:). my computers speaker probably doesn't do it justice.

(Kid A is my favorite RH album, too)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In Rainbows - Radiohead [Re: TrippinTeddy]
    #7546059 -

edited out by automan

reason: some people have adult avatars turned off. no need to post them in open forum.

  AHAHAHAH :rotfl: :rofl:

Where did you find that fucked up picture?


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Edited by automan (10/22/07 03:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In Rainbows - Radiohead [Re: mentalIMAGE]
    #7546182 -

What a fantastic album. I'm a slut for Radiohead, and obviously came into this thing with a bias, having seen them 11 times, travelled cross country twice just to see them live, and definitely consider them my favorite currently recording and touring band (those qualifiers necessary since Talking Heads called it quits.)

All that being said though I kept a healthy distance at first from In Rainbows. I downloaded it (I paid 15 dollars), and didn't know what I thought of it at first. Weird, is what I thought.

Now it's the only thing I've been listening to for two weeks. There is so much to it and I seem to find more with every listen. In a way, it seems like an amalgam of every Radiohead song and album that has come before it, all the way back to Pablo Honey. That scratching guitar part in Bodysnatchers, that's the moment that made Radiohead famous back with Creep.  And ina  way I think that moment reflects on who had the greatest influence over this album - while Hail to the Thief was, I think, Thom Yorke's brainchild, this album has Jonny Greenwood's stamp of approval all over it.

What I love most about this album is that while computers play a part, there is a sense, much more so than with Hail to the Thief, that the band is a BAND again.  Listen to Jigsaw Falling Into Place and tell me you can't imagine the five guys just sitting in a circle facing each other trying it out.  It's so raw.  It's just five guys playing music together.

And Thom Yorke's voice. What can even be said about it? It's not even human.  It's not even a voice...it's an instrument, and he knows how to use it oh so well.  And the basslines. The fucking basslines! So aggressive, they just come out of nowhere to punch you in the face. They always feel a little like:  UMPH!

Obsessed, I am. Gleefully.

Can't wait till people who ordered the Discbox upload the extra tracks....:grin:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In Rainbows - Radiohead [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7546251 -

I love the new album. I love Trippin teddys avatar. And I Love that Radioheads web site didn't charge me a dime for a great but short album. Kid A will always be the best tripper, and every other album serves a rightful but seperate purpose.
~peace


--------------------
Praise Bob!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In Rainbows - Radiohead [Re: 2end4]
    #7546279 -

edited out by automan

reason: same as above




IM SORRY


--------------------
Praise Bob!

Edited by automan (10/22/07 03:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In Rainbows - Radiohead [Re: 2end4]
    #7546343 -

Actually even if you paid 0 you got charged .45 pounds for the credit card processing fee. Which 90 american cents. So you got charged 9 dimes. :wink:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In Rainbows - Radiohead [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7546433 -

I still have no idea how they charged me

I mean I have no credit card


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In Rainbows - Radiohead [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7546492 -

Hyper_Panda_GO said:
I still have no idea how they charged me

I mean I have no credit card



what the fuck?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In Rainbows - Radiohead [Re: Limerick]
    #7547403 -

Yeah dude, there's no reciept/visa fillout form or anything.  You need to give 'em your mailing address but that's all, really.  They can't just take it back if you didn't pay :p

Anyways, after listening to the whole thing through once already, I'm thinking it's time to listen to it again.  Seems to fit with my experimental/psychedelic phase that I'm in right now :wink:


--------------------

We are always acting on what has just finished happening. It happened at least 1/30th of a second ago. We think we're in the present, but we aren't. The present we know is only a movie of the past.
Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In Rainbows - Radiohead [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7547811 -

Well, that is certainly interesting. I came upon Radiohead because of "Creep" when it was new. I know they hate the song but they can blow me, I love it. It's a fucking masterpiece of rock and roll. I have some later stuff but felt it got into more and more navel gazing pomposity. Kid A and OK Computer pretty much bored me with a few exceptions. Everything in It's Right Place, a few others, nothing memorable. I liked the White Stripes a lot more.

That being said, I will give them another shot based on what you just wrote. And I'll fucking pay for it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In Rainbows - Radiohead [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7548220 -

I think the album is great....almost every album of theirs since OK, radiohead has almost reinvented themselvs...when i heard in rainbows I wasnt blown away (say as when i was listening to hail to the theif for the first time) but it is nonetheless a great album


--------------------
Try to realise it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you


MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In Rainbows - Radiohead [Re: x2and2makes5]
    #7548322 -

It's no kid A... but its not as crappy as amnesiac :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* new Radiohead
( 1 2 all )
question_for_joo 1,929 20 06/27/04 03:52 PM
by monoamine
* Re: greatest albums ever...
( 1 2 all )
Alone In The Fire 5,609 24 07/24/01 01:35 AM
by CACA
* What Radiohead song is this....and which album???? Psilocybeingzz 1,132 11 03/12/04 12:33 PM
by bert
* new Radiohead! sunyata 650 4 04/01/03 07:18 AM
by adrug
* Radiohead adamj 961 7 07/21/04 04:23 AM
by mr_kite
* Radiohead MoMMaLoID 1,019 5 06/07/01 07:12 AM
by Chonger
* New Radiohead DVD: "The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth of all Time" Jdawg2013 1,264 9 12/19/04 11:08 PM
by dpc2424
* What would Radiohead be classified as?
( 1 2 all )
Delyrium 2,193 21 07/08/03 04:16 AM
by GazzBut

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
3,461 topic views. 3 members, 0 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.