Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

Mumia Abu-Jamal
    #7439488 - 09/22/07 06:40 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I'm sure that some of you have heard of this man and his case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumia_Abu-Jamal

Basically, Mumia used to be a black activist and it is asserted that one night he shot a white cop.  Mumia was tried, convicted, and he has been on death row ever since.  His supporters say everything from "he was abused by the police", "he didn't get a fair trial", to "he didn't do it".  I personally think he did do it based on what I have seen and I think that he is where he belongs.  :shrug:  But, I am truly interested in the dynamic behind why the liberals and the Leftists are so vociferous in their support of him. 

I recently was at a community "Peace and Justice" center.  It is a very very Left-wing activist group that has a building where they have pamphlets and such.  They also hold marches and organize events.  Note that I am not a Leftist and I was merely there to get some books from a book program they have.  As I waited for the book lady to come up I sat there and listened to the director of the whole place feverishly talk about and defend Mumia.  He was an older white man in his 60's who was obviously a dyed-in-the-wool Lefty.

He railed on and on about the supposed police brutality toward Mumia and how the whole affair was an injustice.  Did he once acknowledge the indisputable fact that a young police officer was shot in the face and that he left a widow behind and that they might be the real victims in all of this?  Of course not.  I got the impression that he reveled in his "older mentor" role to all of the young liberals who were milling about and that he was more interested in the prestige and power that came along with heading this group than he was with anything else.  The old coot probably even tries to get the young girls to fuck him.

I strongly desired to lay into him for his hypocrisy but I didn't.  I know damn well that if Mumia had been white and that dead cop had been black then this guy's (and Lefty's) opinion on the matter would have been the exact opposite.  He would have been screaming about the "horrific murder of the poor black police officer by a racist white thug".  But, Mumia is a perfect poster-boy for them.  He's black, was a black activist, and there are allegations of police abuse toward him.  The white cop is the perfect poster boy for what they hate; he's white and was in a position of power.  Therefore, according to their warped ideology they ignore rationality and logic and side with Mumia without question.  Pathetic really.

Now, I'm not saying that I know that Mumia is %100 guilty.  If he's innocent then he deserves to be free.  But, if he's guilty then I hope the fucker fries and that the Lefties lose their poster boy.

Edited by RandalFlagg (09/22/07 06:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Re: Mumia Abu-Jamal [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7439502 - 09/22/07 06:46 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Anarcho-Punk Activist Music Group Chumbawamba has been campaigning for his case for a while. I got some money raised for him a few years ago, in highschool.

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

Re: Mumia Abu-Jamal [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #7439507 - 09/22/07 06:48 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I am embarrassed to admit that I used to be heavily into anarcho-punk.  :nonono:

InvisibleApollyphelion
Female User Gallery

#7439527 - 09/22/07 06:54 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I was never into punk, or Anarcho, however Chumbawamba is a band I really like that happened to fall into that category; besides, they change their music style with every album.

The "punk sound" sounds like white shit from black trash.

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

Re: Mumia Abu-Jamal [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #7439543 - 09/22/07 06:57 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I actually like the punk sound I just despise the brainwashed, braindead, and excessively Leftist political ideas.

InvisibleApollyphelion
Female User Gallery

#7439555 - 09/22/07 07:01 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

It is really difficult to find that sound without it expressing the excessively leftist ideas:-(

--------------------

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
    #7439567 - 09/22/07 07:04 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know much about Mumia Abu-Jamal aside from the Jello Biafra rants.

Edited by Great Scott (09/22/07 07:07 AM)

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #7439612 - 09/22/07 07:24 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
I'm sure that some of you have heard of this man and his case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumia_Abu-Jamal

Basically, Mumia used to be a black activist and it is asserted that one night he shot a white cop.  Mumia was tried, convicted, and he has been on death row ever since.  His supporters say everything from "he was abused by the police", "he didn't get a fair trial", to "he didn't do it".  I personally think he did do it based on what I have seen and I think that he is where he belongs.  :shrug:  But, I am truly interested in the dynamic behind why the liberals and the Leftists are so vociferous in their support of him. 

I recently was at a community "Peace and Justice" center.  It is a very very Left-wing activist group that has a building where they have pamphlets and such.  They also hold marches and organize events.  Note that I am not a Leftist and I was merely there to get some books from a book program they have.  As I waited for the book lady to come up I sat there and listened to the director of the whole place feverishly talk about and defend Mumia.  He was an older white man in his 60's who was obviously a dyed-in-the-wool Lefty.

He railed on and on about the supposed police brutality toward Mumia and how the whole affair was an injustice.  Did he once acknowledge the indisputable fact that a young police officer was shot in the face and that he left a widow behind and that they might be the real victims in all of this?  Of course not.  I got the impression that he reveled in his "older mentor" role to all of the young liberals who were milling about and that he was more interested in the prestige and power that came along with heading this group than he was with anything else.  The old coot probably even tries to get the young girls to fuck him.

I strongly desired to lay into him for his hypocrisy but I didn't.  I know damn well that if Mumia had been white and that dead cop had been black then this guy's (and Lefty's) opinion on the matter would have been the exact opposite.  He would have been screaming about the "horrific murder of the poor black police officer by a racist white thug".  But, Mumia is a perfect poster-boy for them.  He's black, was a black activist, and there are allegations of police abuse toward him.  The white cop is the perfect poster boy for what they hate; he's white and was in a position of power.  Therefore, according to their warped ideology they ignore rationality and logic and side with Mumia without question.  Pathetic really.

Now, I'm not saying that I know that Mumia is %100 guilty.  If he's innocent then he deserves to be free.  But, if he's guilty then I hope the fucker fries and that the Lefties lose their poster boy.

Hmm....It seems to me that crying out that murder is wrong, and then turning around and advocating the murder of another man is a a little hypocritical in itself.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

Re: Mumia Abu-Jamal [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #7439619 - 09/22/07 07:27 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I feel no empathy for people who deserve to be killed. When an innocent is killed that bothers me. When a criminal who has irreparably harmed or killed another person is killed it doesn't bother me.

InvisibleRustifer
prestige worldwide
Male

Loc: Central Texas
    #7439626 - 09/22/07 07:30 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Regardless if he's a murderer, or a hypocrite, the man is very intelligent.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#7439647 - 09/22/07 07:37 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
I feel no empathy for people who deserve to be killed. When an innocent is killed that bothers me. When a criminal who has irreparably harmed or killed another person is killed it doesn't bother me.

You do know that innocent people have been killed on death row then right??? Those are innocent people. This has come out before, and more than likely will not end anytime soon. Innocent people get convicted of crimes. Innocent people have died because as a whole people will accept the death penalty. That is the fatal flaw in your logic. And then there's the fact that all murder is crime, government sanctioned or not.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Mumia Abu-Jamal [Re: Rustifer]
    #7439648 - 09/22/07 07:38 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Rustifer said:

You didn't understand what I said at all.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

InvisibleRustifer
prestige worldwide
Male

Loc: Central Texas
    #7439652 - 09/22/07 07:40 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Quote:

Rustifer said:

You didn't understand what I said at all.

I actually didn't read what you said at all. I just felt like making a random comment about him. I'm tired.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

#7439656 - 09/22/07 07:41 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
You do know that innocent people have been killed on death row then right???  Those are innocent people. 

True.  And that is doubly tragic.  The legal system should not allow for innocent people to be convicted of such serious crimes.  It should be noted that Mumia was found at the scene with bullets in him from the officer's gun.

I however see no problem with child molesters, serial killers, and heinous murderers being put to sleep.  :shrug:.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

Re: Mumia Abu-Jamal [Re: Rustifer]
    #7439657 - 09/22/07 07:42 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Stalin was pretty smart too and he killed millions of people. Intelligence in a person is not always admirable.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#7439662 - 09/22/07 07:44 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

But then you obviously see the flaw in this. Unless we can have a legal system which is flawless(which is impossible due to humans being flawed), then innocent people will die. It's retarded.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

#7439667 - 09/22/07 07:50 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
But then you obviously see the flaw in this.  Unless we can have a legal system which is flawless(which is impossible due to humans being flawed), then innocent people will die.  It's retarded.

I can understand your reasoning.  I would not be averse to having the death penalty banned.  I think that sitting and rotting in a cell for 40 years is worse than being put to death anyway.  :shrug:

InvisibleUnholyChild666
I'M GOD
Male

Loc: Flag
    #7439680 - 09/22/07 07:59 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

So many issues such as this get race brought into it, no doubt it does play a huge factor alot in how minorities are treated on a daily bases and convicted for things they didn't do or much more harshly punished but the truth is it's so damn hard to really know the truth unless you were there, i just never know what to think anymore about these situations, regardless of what a person preaches when put in certain situations everything they believe can be be flushed to hell, not saying thats true for everybody though.

--------------------

"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#7439703 - 09/22/07 08:17 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
But then you obviously see the flaw in this.  Unless we can have a legal system which is flawless(which is impossible due to humans being flawed), then innocent people will die.  It's retarded.

I can understand your reasoning.  I would not be averse to having the death penalty banned.  I think that sitting and rotting in a cell for 40 years is worse than being put to death anyway.  :shrug:

Exactly, if we don't kill them and if they are innocent they still have a chance to be redeemed.  And that has happened as well.  And if they are guilty then they have to, we can all hope, be raped a number of times by large black/white men.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom