Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
the spiritual meaning of family stress
    #7368271 -

many (most?) people deal with family stress throughout life. For many this stress is continuous, unrelenting and a major defining factor in life. What then is the spiritual meaning of this struggle (to build of maintain harmonious family ties)?

How has it effected you?

what spiritual solutions or approaches have you found helpfull?

How well have you maintained your family relationships?

If you remain close, what do you credit this to?

if you are distant, scattered or alienated, how has this effected you? how did it come about?

Whatever you feel like sharing about family troubles i suppose, and what you learned from them.


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the spiritual meaning of family stress [Re: Moonshoe]
    #7369005 -

Honestly I am pretty uncomfortable around my family. I try to avoid struggles, or deal with them quickly and painlessly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the spiritual meaning of family stress [Re: Epigallo]
    #7369027 -

Family is a drag. I felt like they really held me back when I still lived at home.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the spiritual meaning of family stress [Re: ChiefGreenLeaf]
    #7369103 -

Well, I blame myself for being uncomfortable. I am still sort of afraid of my parents (or at least cautious) as to avoid certain conversations or situations. When in reality its not like they're gonna hurt me. :rolleyes:

As for spiritual meaning, I think how well you handle stresses exemplifies how well you have developed plasticity in the more hard-wired parts of your mind. Family was there for early childhood imprints and conditioning.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the spiritual meaning of family stress [Re: Epigallo]
    #7369125 -

bradley said:
Family was there for early childhood imprints and conditioning.



just like any other species that sticks with its young, parents only teach the way(s) they know how to live/survive


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the spiritual meaning of family stress [Re: demiu5]
    #7369358 -

Commitment to loving my family, has shaped the way i view myself and others because love is the foundation to any relation. Yet, It is a love that is obligated and not free - which can end up hurting you, on a count of yourself not being able to follow your inner most desires, as you feel obligated to follow their desires/exprecations about you. You can be extremly conflicted with this too, as you will have feelings that do not align with those that you have been in close loving with for most of your waking life.
All in all - you are my family, i love you, I do, i do!

Mucho amor y respeto de vida!!


--------------------
The mind is a creative tool. It searches to protect you, through message sensations(feelings). It is no different than a computer, you need to make sure its anti-virus program is in check and that it doesnt have a script that limits your experience, because of to much precaution.

And remember the computer does not appear to respond to words of anger and frustration - just give it input, in the form of new meanings that you know to be true and its messages to you and the limits it lays out for you, will change.

Guilt is an outcome of believing you are the cause of the problems.

Yet, we are not a cause to something, we see is negative or bad - Unless you believe your intentions are directed towards a bad outcome....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the spiritual meaning of family stress [Re: JoseLibrado]
    #7370086 -

JoseLibrado said:
Commitment to loving my family, has shaped the way i view myself and others because love is the foundation to any relation. Yet,  It is a love that is obligated and not free - which can end up hurting you, on a count of yourself not being able to follow your inner most desires, as you feel obligated to follow their desires/exprecations about you. You can be extremly conflicted with this too, as you will have feelings that do not align with those that you have been in close loving with for most of your waking life.
All in all - you are  my family, i love you, I do, i do!

Mucho amor y respeto de vida!!


:psychsplit: Good post bro.

Good thread as well.

I must say that I feel much the same.  I would be on a different path now than I am if it was entirely up to me - but to make compromises and to learn from what you have, not from the movie that's playing in your head about what you could've had, is invaluable.  I do not yet know how to be totally self-reliant, and until I am I will make compromises and strive always to understand that there is unlimited potential for growth in whatever life situation arises.

I love my family very much.  So I try as much as I am able to push myself beyond self-imposed limits and express love or at least tolerance and kindness at all times, even when it is difficult.  I want my parents to awaken very much, and my younger sibling even more so - I am hopeful that this will happen.  I tripped with my dad recently, which was a very cool experience, but made me realize how superficial our communication often is.

Anyway, just some thoughts for the mill...


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the spiritual meaning of family stress [Re: Moonshoe]
    #7370396 -

Moonshoe said:
many (most?) people deal with family stress throughout life. For many this stress is continuous, unrelenting and a major defining factor in life. What then is the spiritual meaning of this struggle (to build of maintain harmonious family ties)?

How has it effected you?

what spiritual solutions or approaches have you found helpfull?

How well have you maintained your family relationships?

If you remain close, what do you credit this to?

if you are distant, scattered or alienated, how has this effected you? how did it come about?

Whatever you feel like sharing about family troubles i suppose, and what you learned from them.



I think family stress almost cost me my existence physically and emotionally.

Eventually I found forgiveness helpful, forgiving myself and them.

I have for the most part dumped my family as I realize they were going to stay unhealthy and they really weren't my friends and so why should I be obliged to interact with them. Letting go of morbid attachment to family was one to the best moves I have ever made.

I have shared the dysfunction of my family history several times and so don't feel the need to repeat myself.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What does "spiritual" mean? Emotional? Ulysees 847 6 11/10/02 03:07 AM
by Ulysees
* spiritual before mushrooms???
( 1 2 all )
raja 4,145 35 12/19/02 12:55 AM
by Nomad
* is drug use a spiritual journey? Lenore 1,291 15 12/16/01 03:44 PM
by ArchDruid
* Philosophy and "spiritual" living
( 1 2 all )
11polakie11 2,933 20 06/25/02 07:43 AM
by nugsarenice
* Consciousness, Physics, and Spirituality. Reggaejunkiejew 2,386 6 01/16/17 07:38 PM
by Middleman
* No more Spirituality or Philosophy in S&P chemkid 1,589 6 10/10/02 08:47 AM
by Anonymous
* New Spirituality Message Boards
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 5,407 36 03/16/02 02:37 AM
by Anonymous
* Psychadelics, Spirituality and Chemical Dependency afterglow17 2,074 11 02/13/02 08:08 AM
by Tannis

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,144 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.