Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehappycamper
fresh on thescene
Good tek for a dorm room???
    #714830 - 07/01/02 01:28 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Im headed to college at the end of august and im staying in a dorm room and i was wandering if anyone had any experience with growing in this kind of situation. If anyone has let me know what kinda Tek you used and if it is even a chill idea. Me and my friend are currently using the quart jar tek and i have been contemplating using it there. give me some feedback.
PEACE

--------------------
"If you want to improve be content to be thought foolish & stupid." -quote from some movie

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefrank_grimes
Warrior of Corporate Bullshit
 User Gallery

Loc: Springfield, USA
Re: Good tek for a dorm room??? [Re: happycamper]
    #714864 - 07/01/02 02:10 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Dude, dorms are full of narcs. People talk way too much in dorms. If one person finds out what you are doing, the whole floor is going to know. Whatever tek you use, be sure to keep it hidden well, even from your roommate. Personaly, I would wait until you are out of the dorms before you attempt to do your hobby at school. Just my $.02

-Grimey

Offlinefrank_grimes
Warrior of Corporate Bullshit
 User Gallery

Loc: Springfield, USA
    #714983 - 07/01/02 04:26 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

One other thing to consider, is your hobby worth throwing away your education for? If you get caught, not only will you have more legal trouble than you've ever dealt with, you will also be thrown out of school. I have to say, in my opinion, this is a really bad idea.

-Grimey

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
. [Re: happycamper]
    #715024 - 07/01/02 04:51 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by Frog31337 (08/27/02 09:45 AM)

OfflineJuki
    #715150 - 07/01/02 06:19 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Dude, I'm doing the same thing that you are doing in my room right now. I definately wouldn't do it right off the bat if you have a stranger for a roommate. Too many people poke and prod around. Nosy bitches. Get to know your roommate, and if he is cool with all drugs for sure, just ask him about it. If he says no, don't do it, that is a bitch thing to do, he could get in trouble. By far the best way is to room with a person who is totally fine with it, and most importantly someone you know. Then you can both work to hide it, which is what you will need. Nothing and nowhere is private in a dorm room, and I do not think that there is a lot of sense in trying to hide something like that. Getting caught could fuck up your university standing, and you would almost certainly end up being banned from housing. Totally not worth the risk. Good luck though if your roommate is cool.

Offlinehappycamper
fresh on thescene
    #715636 - 07/01/02 11:44 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for all the advice guys. I definitely don't think it is worth getting kicked out of college for and I only have to live in the dorms my freshman year so I think I'll continue my ventures with mushroom cultivation my sophmore year when i move into a house. PEACE

--------------------
"If you want to improve be content to be thought foolish & stupid." -quote from some movie

Offlinerheidiohed121
Simeon

#715646 - 07/01/02 11:51 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Grimey has a really good point, dorms are a little too dangerous. But if you really had to then invitro tek would be the easiest, theoretically speaking that is. If you really want to grow then living off campus would be the best suggestion to grow.

--------------------
i apologize if i aide in the spreading of any misinformation

"Adventavit asinus,
Pulcher et fortissimus"

OfflineAvonalliv
Tracer
Loc: NY or PA
Re: Good tek for a dorm room??? [Re: rheidiohed121]
    #715659 - 07/01/02 11:59 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

speaking from experience, hide everything at all times. i never grew in a dorm, but i got caught with about $200 worth of quality booze during a fire drill. so, it should be fine as long as your roommate is cool and it doesnt look too conspsicuous (ie- huge aquarium with 5lb bags of perlite lying around).

--------------------
your mother's a tracer

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
    #715695 - 07/01/02 12:15 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I would get to know everybody first. You could get lucky like I did with your dorm/hall. My roommate and RA were cool as sh!t. My RA used to take us out drinking, and I spent about 3 hours tripping balls in his room one night. My roomie was cool too, we were both smokers/drinkers. Plus a good number of people on the hall were cool. Sooooo, depending on the situation. Just be sure to to hide everything durring fire drills or over the holidays. Like everyone said, word does travel fast, so just keep everything tight lipped.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #715804 - 07/01/02 01:34 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

check out invitro growing,
easy to conceal.
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/invitrotek.html

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineGreyMatter
enthusiast

Loc: USA
Re: Good tek for a dorm room??? [Re: Hippie3]
    #715822 - 07/01/02 01:44 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If you just want shrooms for yourself (which is the best way), just limit yourself to 6 cakes at a time (just use 12cc on 6 jars....2 cc per jar) plus it colonizes faster this way.
either do invitro you if you birth the cakes, do a small scale setup (again, a good reason to use 6 jars) and use an internal light for the tererium.
Put a little light on the inside, bottom of the lid.
and for incubating i would use your fruiting chamber. That way you dont need so many tupperware things. Try to limit how much shit you use to keep suspision (sp?) low.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract