Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Most stealth tek possible for dorm? [Re: Drone]
    #3011553 - 08/16/04 11:41 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Is there any ventilation in this setup? How often do you fan?

The mycobags yield about 50-80g wet i believe. Just give them light and they grow on there own. Theres a collection of grows on one thread here with yields.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3011568 - 08/16/04 11:44 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Nothing wrong with that!!! Awesome! :laugh:

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Most stealth tek possible for dorm? [Re: hyphae]
    #3011645 - 08/17/04 12:04 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Actually, I've been looking at the invitro tek, and it sounds just as good if not better. I can get 12 premade jars from Mike O'Logical's Wonderful World of Stuff for 39.99, and we already have the spores.

I have a quick question though. From what I've read on the Mycotopian board, reading hippie3's replys, it seems that EVERYTHING takes place in the jars when doing the invitro tek. Is this correct? Like..for example

I get my jars
I innoculate the jars
Cover the punctured lids with foil
Then I let the jars colonize like normal, at 85ish degrees

THEN, the part I am confused about. Do I just do nothing once the jars are colonized? Is this the point of invitro tek? Is the next step just to keep giving the jars light and proper (75 degree) temperatures, and let the shrooms grow directly inside the jar?

And once the first flush is grow, I just remove the cakes from the jars, pick the shrooms, puke the cakes back in, and let them keep growing?

Is that how invitro tek works? If so, I'm sold on invitro tek.

Thanks guys - you're helping me out a ton.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Most stealth tek possible for dorm? [Re: freddurgan]
    #3011656 - 08/17/04 12:08 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You got it down bro! you can dunk the cakes also if ya want.

OfflineDrone
Derka Derka Derka
Male

Loc: Maryland
    #3011692 - 08/17/04 12:20 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

well, im...errr my friend :smile: is in the habit of looking at his jars daily. he likes to see the progress. so this works for fanning the bin. but invitro jars are closed anyways. until the cake is 100% there is nothing you can do about the air exchange. when its fully colonized u can take the lid off and fan the 100% colonized jar.

if your gonna be hiding the jars(im assuming all in the same closed environment) then dont bother leaving the tinfoil on after innoculation. just take it off. the layer of verm will act as protection. just spray down your containing area with lysol.

once the jars are fully colonized wait a day or two. then take off the lids and shake out all of the excess verm that is on top of the cake. put the lid back on and turn it upside down to losen the cakes. keep the jars upsidedown and place in a 75 degree environment with light so it can fruit. this will leave you alot more room for the shrooms to grow.

once your first flush is ready. remove and pick everything. then you can dunk the cakes in the same jars they grew in. im not sure what the best ammount of time to do this is...my friend usually does it like 2 hours. then pat dry the cakes and absorb the excess moisture in the jars with a papar towel. then place back the cakes back inside the jars for a second flush.

i like to think you get more flushes out of invitro because the shrooms use less nutrience with each flush....but this is just my guess because my friend has only grown invitro :smile:

-how would i go about getting a tek for all of this with pictures and stuff? i think the shroomery needs a good stealth invitro tek.

--------------------

Edited by Drone (08/17/04 12:22 AM)

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3011759 - 08/17/04 12:47 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

My favorite: Chronic Tek Kickass pics too!!!

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#3011806 - 08/17/04 01:22 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

that chronic tek is relaly good sounding,m, i may give it a try.....

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Most stealth tek possible for dorm? [Re: PsyllyMe]
    #3012282 - 08/17/04 05:38 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

wow that's awesome...

OfflineDrone
Derka Derka Derka
Male

#3013200 - 08/17/04 11:51 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i think the chronic tek kind of defeats the purpose of invitro. takes the simplicity and stealth out of it. if your gonna go through all the trouble to hide 12 quart jars then you might as well make a terrarium and fruit normally.

--------------------

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#3013982 - 08/17/04 02:13 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, but u can stack those jars however u want if ur just careful, they could fit ANYWHERE

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

OfflineDrone
Derka Derka Derka
Male

Re: Most stealth tek possible for dorm? [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3014346 - 08/17/04 03:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yeah but if you spread them all around everywhere theres a bigger chance of getting caught. you can fit a terrarium anywhere (im assuming 12 quart jars) those jars will fit together. i just think the chronic tek is a useless middle between a fruiting chamber and invitro.

--------------------

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Most stealth tek possible for dorm? [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3014373 - 08/17/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I cant see using pint jars and birthing in them with onlh 1/2" of space would be good. Im going with dcyans vote on the chronic tek if your going with PF jars. So buy 12 quart jars too. But now your talking $40 for the jars another 10-14 for the quart jars, then all the seting up.

I think the best way to go is the with mycobags. There also having a back to school sale LOL! :wink: Buy 2 get one free sale or buy 4 get 2 free. For $50 you could get the fourpack + 2 free of the small grain based, or you could buy 2 corn based + 1 for $50 also. Im not sure what would yield more but its allot less work involved.

OfflineDrone
Derka Derka Derka
Male

Re: Most stealth tek possible for dorm? [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3015043 - 08/17/04 06:32 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

there is plenty of room inside for the shrooms to grow. and i use 1/2 pint jars.

--------------------

Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

#3015198 - 08/17/04 07:10 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

if you guys are growing at school dorms i HIGHLY advise against it, unless you know the RA's or somethin real well, i was about to do the same, then realied the other 11 guys i was stayin with loved to party as much as i did, and the cops were there every night searchin our rooms... I lost around 3 bowls that year lol, luckily they never found the spores and i could only imagine what would happen if they found em growing!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds