Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Integrating nature with technology.
    #6931545 - 05/17/07 07:26 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I have a home.

From the perspective of the citizen, this is sane.

My home is a box.

From the perspective of the human, this is insane.

Living in boxes is not good for health. I believe that we take the sacred gemoetry of nature and hack it up so much that we all but literally become batteries for the matrix. The matrix not just our tools, but the generally cancerous way society as a whole operates.

How can a rainbow be improved upon?

When I was on my first and only significant LSD experience I knew (and had for some time) that my home environment was not at all conducive to health, in fact to some degree "poisnous" to me.

It is evident in the power lines. It comes at us from our computers. It is all without a single care for human health or the planets health. Technological breakthroughs rarely seem to stem from altruism, and do we REALLY have greater intelligence than whatever composed this planet, that it is better to build up a factory to get water than to go to a stream?

Because then you kill.... and you take more than you give. And this leads to extinction.

Who has read Ishmael?

I do not want to shun our way of life an absolute black, it is my tendency.... but what I know is that wading out in a very cold creek out in the middle of "nature" even if mankind has woven his technical infrastructure around it to the point that it isn't entirely natural, did so many good things for me on so many levels.

And we just get so used to being in boxes that we never realize there is a better way unless we ingest a chemical to remind us that a human can actually have vibrant clean amounts of energy.

That his only music should be the birds. Not cars revving. Bass thumping. "I'm a slaaaaaaaaaaaave for you........"

no doubt.

The pleasure gained from the media*, albeit it "pleasurable" is such an iota of pleasure compared to the spiritual heights we see through our psychedelics, or more importantly (since psychedelics require no effort other than consumer ingestion) spiritual practices.

And yet I believe if we were to wander out into nature for a period of time with NO interacting with the matrix, no music or phones or any of that, even if we had a shelter, or a cabin, or a hotel, so long as we didn't use it for anything but cooking and rest, we would be quickly restored to higher vibrations.

But what do I do? Send the intention that I am ready to embrace beauty even if it means a drastic reconfiguration of what life means?

Because being on LSD and seeing your apartments muddy poisonous energy is a let-down, not nearly as nice as absorbing some fresh stuff from the trees, and things like that huh?

Who here feels in love with their homes, has a good feng shui going on? Tell how it is done, comment on anything......

i need to be more action and less theory.

*I suppose I mean mass media products, those who are at One bring oneness with their art, and it can be a very high experience to behold.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (05/17/07 07:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Integrating nature with technology. [Re: leery11]
    #6931588 - 05/17/07 07:37 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

i need to be more action and less theory.

:wink: :mushroom2:

We have the necessary technology to "save" our planet we harmed. I really hope that this will happen. Soon.
I'm not for any radical solution, because technology, even we sometimes refuse to admit, can help a lot and bring us great improvements and evolution. We just need to be more aware and learn how to use it in a more constructive way :heart:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Edited by MushroomTrip (05/17/07 07:44 PM)

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures Flag
Re: Integrating nature with technology. [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6933085 - 05/18/07 01:21 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I share a lot of your sentiment, leary. I lived in a huge metropolis during my youth and then moved to upper bum fuck when I was a bit older. Cities are utterly disgusting to me now and I do what I can to avoid the bigger ones. Once you get away for long enough, your senses reset and no longer tune out the filth. Going into cities bombards me with yuck vibes.

I feel that the problem and solution isn't with technology; it's us as a collective and that alone. Our technological achievments are worthless in my opinion. Every year our technology destroys more and more of our planet. I guarantee that for the next 5 years, at least, more rainforest will get cut down than the year before, more co2 will go into the air than the year before...etc. We're on a dead end path the way we're headed (for the greater population anyway). We need radical fucking change. We have for a long time. Humanity is a stagnant pool of shit right now. People lived happy for thousands and thousands of years without steel and oil and boxes and things they didn't need.

Food, water, shelter, mescaline. That's all I need.

BTW I read and thoroughly enjoyed Ismael (and his other books). They should be fucking mandatory.

Edited by cilosyb (05/18/07 04:36 PM)

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #6933269 - 05/18/07 02:47 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, the 'wrong' usage of technology leads to the problems which build the biggest challenge for humans ever imho.
They have to overcome their abusive attitude of greed and respectless selfish gain.
This problem was there since humans arose, but now it has changed its prefix. From once good for the individual and for small groups, to dangerous to the whole and so even to the individual and to small groups.
I don't know if humans as a whole will master this biggest challenge ever, as much water has run down the river already, people are waking up very slowly and the ancient (power) structures have carved so deeply (and still function in small contexts).
Humans will push themselves further to the edge and some strange compromise will arise, as much environmental 'nature' will be destroyed until then.
Especially with political leaders who demonstrate the power of force and aggression.

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #6933373 - 05/18/07 04:36 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale