Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Need help planning my first trip!
    #6834918 -

Hey everyone, im new to the forums and dunno if ill be a regular poster but i will definately be on here until my first trip and after for trip reports.

When people respond to my questions about their shroom experiences with something like "i wish i could explain it to you, but there really is just no way to describe it" (which im sure all of you know is the response 90% of the time), it intrigues my mind in the same way as understanding that there is no way to comprehend God, and our mortal minds cannot understand that God is, and always has been.

Ive been a pretty heavy weed smoker the past year or so, but just quit (had a last blow out on 4/20 and quit 4/21). I didn't quit for good, but for a while.

I am going to Europe this summer with my fraternal twin brother (in no way like me - no drugs/drinking) and my older brother who has the exact same traits as me in almost every way, but has only tried weed once (in amsterdam last summer where he smoked way too much of the good shit for his first time and ended up as most do, nearly passing out and barely able to lift his head, giving birth to his distaste for the herb... shame) Anyways back to the point, I am going to try shrooms during my "trip" to Amsterdam when we go there this summer, with or without their consent. I research every questionable thing before partaking in it, and shrooms are no different. Ive read all there is on precautions and attempts at describing the different effects and levels. Going back to my "understanding God" analogy, i would really really love to experience a level 5 trip. I have read numerous level 5 trip reports and know that that is what i want. I want to get the feeling that i am in the divine presence of God.

LSD and shroom users alike that i have talked to both tell me that if i want to take either, my mind has to be ready for it. I would like to think that this will be no problem for me. I have done large quantities of DXM to reach mild hallucinations (i stood a foot away from my door and starred at it for 5 minutes last DXM trip, and then it turned deep deep blue and as i raised my head the door would grow to enormous heights - no problem for me. I am confident that i will be able to accept the changes i experience with an open mind, instead of fighting them.


Here are my plans as of now: I plan to pick up a box of philosopher shrooms, saving them until the night, and doing them around 8:00 p.m. in a hostel room. I am going to try to convince my like minded older brother to trip with me, (and im sure i can - i have a gift of convincing people with words similar to Nick Naylor in "Thank you for Smoking") and have my twin brother who is a work-out-a-holic to "babysit us". I will have my MP3 player handy, with my 200$ pair of earbud noise cancelling headphones that kickass. The songs i will be listening to will be aimed at enhancing the spiritual aspect of my journy. I will listen to songs such as Incubus - Aquarius Transmissions and Buddhist Monk medetative music. I am going to tell my non-tripping brother to leave us alone, let us be free from reality, and after some experimenting with the cool initial affects, i will settle down for the peak and close my eyes and clear my mind.




Now after this long epic of nonsense (sorry, since giving up weed i have so much f*cking time and motivation that ive noticed all my posts in all forums are now like 200% bigger  :dancing: ) , heres where YOU come in. Any criticisms/improvements to my plan are more than welcome. If you think im crazy for wanting to reach "nirvana" on my first trip, i might agree with you. But that does not deter my desire one bit. Also, i would greatly appreciate any recomendations as to the dosage, method of ingestion, etc. in order to reach my goal.


Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need help planning my first trip! [Re: amsty tripper]
    #6835139 -

For me the trip level depends more on setting then amount.  If there is a nice park around there I'de suggest going there.  For your first time I'de suggest not to go over an 1/8 of an ounce, but remeber you are in a country that uses the metric system so that is 3.54 grams of dried :smile:.  My first trip i took 1/2 an 1/8th but was one of my more spiritual trips (Nice summer night at a bon fire with some good friends)
It is up to you but as for me I seem to misplace stuff while on mushrooms and I wouldn't want you to lose your headphones.

That's just my $.02

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need help planning my first trip! [Re: bait_]
    #6835153 -

Expect nothing.

Be prepared for anything.

Don't eat anything the day of, but drinking apple juice is really great. Try eating fruit during the come down. Kiwi are delicious.

Good choice of music.

Just be.

I look forward to hearing about your experience. Happy trails. :smile:

Edit: How much will you be taking?

Edited by Mosis (04/26/07 12:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need help planning my first trip! [Re: Mosis]
    #6835175 -

things to keep in mind:
-your mind is like everything else. it moves in waves. if you dont like it close your eyes and sooon yuo will find yourself some place better.
-nature is not a seperate from you. you are nature. it is you. nature is the only thing worth trusting.
-music is good :musicnote:
-let go


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need help planning my first trip! [Re: notapillow]
    #6836065 -

good music, friends, and a comfortable environemnt are all that is needed


--------------------
"In god we trust..."


-I guess we're screwed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need help planning my first trip! [Re: amsty tripper]
    #6838154 -

I was thinking somewhere around 5 grams of dried philosophers, and yes, in the metric system haha thanks for pointing that out. 5 seems to be about the average of what people have been telling me. My only expectation is to have the experience of my life... I should be ok clearing my mind and accepting what happens. Years of practice in school have taught me to block out surroundings and just zone out for a while.. i can't wait.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need help planning my first trip! [Re: amsty tripper]
    #6838226 -

If you plan on staying in your hotel room for the trip, make it comfortable, if you have the money, buy little amenities that make a strange place a little more familiar.

Dont forget to get things you need and crave, for example, a pack of smokes lasts me a while sober, and I forgot to buy extra, that long walk to the store wasnt exactly what I had in mind. And if you dont plan on leaving, then it is even better to prepare ahead.

Don't answer the door/telephone, it can wait. Dont turn your phone off though, just silence it, so when you want to call that old friend and tell him how amazing your trip is even though its hard to talk, you can do so. Its amazing how quickly you can go from laying down and listening to music, to wondering "who the hell is that at the door, what do I do?!?" You can even put a little note on the door to remind you not to answer it.

If you going to trip with your brother, find a way to share the music. (Its only nice, plus some tunes just grab everyone at the same time, and that is a unique experience)

A little bit of coffee/cola or any drink that has a gentle amount of caffeine, some people seem to get tired on shrooms (like me) and this might help a little.

Stay away from strangers. Although this doesnt usually happen to people, there are some freaks out there who dont respect anyone. I being pretty naive at a park at night, went to ask a man if I could bum a smoke (notice me forgetting cigarettes again?). I ended up having problems speaking when I tried to ask, and I was a little off balance. He noticed it and started to mess with me, grabbing my wrist and such. If I wasnt with my friend (a pretty big guy), that guy probably could have had his way with me (I am by no means a big guy, and was pretty fucked up).


--------------------
This isnt real, none of this is real.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need help planning my first trip! [Re: somewilliepete]
    #6838350 -

smoke weed on the come up, if you aren't still taking a break from it.
if you drink have a few cold ones lying around for the comedown.
have a sitter that you trust, i'm guessing your 3rd brother will be doing that??
try to go somewhere where you can see a lot of the earth at once, ie up high in elevation.
if you have any doubts before ingesting the mush, put it off until you have no doubts. make sure you want to do it, i'm sure you do though :laugh::mushroom2:
don't expect the time of your life. mushrooms are fun and all but hardly the time of your life. for you it is probably closer to the cherry on top of a trip to amsterdam! :wink:


--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

Edited by SlashOZ (04/26/07 07:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* First trip with Experiance Martingoose 3,022 13 05/16/16 04:11 PM
by PsylioSynethesis
* Re: Worst music while tripping
( 1 2 all )
LargeSimpleDiagram 9,542 32 06/23/00 08:53 AM
by Frackus
* Re: What's your favorite trip toy? Anonymous 3,280 13 12/23/99 11:10 PM
by Anonymous
* Different trip from different strain myth! Fd3000 6,448 19 07/25/02 03:00 AM
by Fd3000
* Tripping leading to anxiety?
( 1 2 3 all )
ShRo_0My 10,855 45 01/04/21 04:49 AM
by Tom66
* Trip music... *DELETED* Euphorian_Icon 2,451 18 12/14/01 08:56 PM
by postanaldrip
* Bad Trips. I need info
( 1 2 all )
Trip_Out_7 18,413 23 12/30/22 02:31 PM
by TerdleMountain
* Can pot COOKIES increase a shroom trip?
( 1 2 3 all )
Trip_Out_7 20,970 42 10/11/23 02:53 PM
by Neurotech

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
1,186 topic views. 3 members, 20 guests and 40 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.