Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
The Don Imus double standard....here we go again
    #6831521 -

MSNBC's Imus in the Morning offered derisive, racist commentary about Palestinians during the November 12 funeral of deceased Palestinian Authority leader Yasser Arafat. Regular Imus guest and sports anchor Sid Rosenberg referred to Palestinians as "stinking animals" and suggested: "They ought to drop the bomb right there, kill 'em all right now." On November 19, the program broadcast a radio segment featuring a guest -- parodying General George S. Patton, Jr. -- who said that the recent report of a U.S. Marine shooting an unarmed, injured Iraqi insurgent provided the enemy "with another cozy 'al Jazeera moment' for the Muslim masses to respond to with their routine pack-of-rabid-sheep mentality." The guest also referred to a deceased Iraqi insurgent as "a booby-trapped raghead cadaver."

DON IMUS, host: They're [Palestinians] eating dirt and that fat pig wife [Suha Arafat] of his is living in Paris.

ROSENBERG: They're all brainwashed, though. That's what it is. And they're stupid to begin with, but they're brainwashed now. Stinking animals. They ought to drop the bomb right there, kill 'em all right now.

BERNARD MCGUIRK, producer: You can just imagine standing there.

ROSENBERG: Oh, the stench.

IMUS: Well, the problem is that we have Andrea [Mitchell, NBC News chief foreign affairs correspondent] there. We don't want anything to happen to her.

ROSENBERG: Oh, she's got to get out. Just warn Andrea, get out, and then drop the bomb, kill everybody.

MCGUIRK: It's like the worst Woodstock.

ROSENBERG: Look at this. Look at these animals. Animals!

http://mediamatters.org/items/200411190009

Now, these statements do not get Imus fired. Yet, "nappy headed hoes" gets him fired.

Any guesses on why? I think I know the answer.


--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Don Imus double standard....here we go again [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #6831544 -

Because he was talking about people in a different country?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Don Imus double standard....here we go again [Re: Redstorm]
    #6831582 -

There are no Palestinian Americans?

Also, talking about murdering millions of foreigners is not as bad as calling a basketball team "nappy headed hoes"? Gotcha.


--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Don Imus double standard....here we go again [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #6831599 -

Americans don't give a fuck about people in other countries.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Don Imus double standard....here we go again [Re: Redstorm]
    #6831634 -

So had Imus said "bomb the Israelites", for example, there would have been no problem still?


--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Don Imus double standard....here we go again [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #6831725 -

Hank, FTW said:
So had Imus said "bomb the Israelites", for example, there would have been no problem still?



The equation should read-

Had Imus called Palestinians "Nappy headed Hoes", he wouldn't have been fired.

You might want to take the social psychology of understanding the double standard in your view to P&S.

It's social psychology akin to how I can call a non shroomery member such as Bush "a retarded fucking asshole" in here, but I can't call you, a community member one without being warned or banned from this community.

It's probably some Darwinian trait that makes us get protective of our own "tribe" so to speak. In this case, Palestinians living in the middle east are not members of the U.S. tribe. The college basketball team is.

The double standard argument is babble steering attention away from the matter of fact, reality on this one. When he flamed Palestinians, sponsors didn't pull their ads. When he flamed black women in America, sponsors pulled ads. The decision at MSNBC was about preserving a PC reputation and money, period. Still Darwinian survival instincts at play.


--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Don Imus double standard....here we go again [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #6831768 -

Good point, I tend to jump to conclusions with out thinking thinks through and will admit it freely.

Just thought this little article would invoke some good discussion.


--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Don Imus double standard....here we go again [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #6831775 -

"It's social psychology akin to how I can call a non shroomery member such as Bush "a retarded fucking asshole" in here, but I can't call you, a community member one without being warned or banned from this community."

I don't agree with you here. The reason you can't put me down personally is so our discussion is not stifled by personal insults. At least, that is my understanding.


--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Don Imus double standard....here we go again [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #6831823 -

gettinjiggywithit said:
It's social psychology akin to how I can call a non shroomery member such as Bush "a retarded fucking asshole" in here, but I can't call you, a community member one without being warned or banned from this community.

It's probably some Darwinian trait that makes us get protective of our own "tribe" so to speak. 



I realize this is a side-point, but I disagree. The reason one wouldn't be banned for flaming Bush, but one would likely be banned for flaming another member of this website is due to the fact that flaming another member of this website is directly going to affect them and the course of discussion, which is the reason we are all here posting. If Bush were here and he was flamed, that person would be banned, and not because Bush would be "one of us", but because the discussion cannot be carried out effectively when people involved are being flamed.

That's just my observation, however. :wink:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Don Imus double standard....here we go again [Re: Redstorm]
    #6831857 -

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (02/11/15 05:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Don Imus double standard....here we go again [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6832066 -

Quote:
That's just my observation, however.




If thats how you choose to look at and reason it, thats fine with me.

I would like to point out the incriminating flaw in your view though as I know you appreciate perceiving reality as directly as you can.

If what you say is true, then my being able to flame the crap out of any politician in here during a debate/discussion, can have the same effect if the person I am debating with has a personal lovely dovey attachment to that politician, and is sensitive.

No different then me flaming the shit out of someones favorite author if they are a sensitive sort. They'll take it personally because they think he is the greatest thing, feel insulted, and get worked up no differently then if the flame was directly aimed at them.

Look at how upset some members get when Gerry Garcia gets flamed.

If what you say about throwing a discussion is true for the reason of why we can flame non members but not members, then the no flaming rule here would apply to all human beings for the goal to be truly achieved.

If I know someone is the type to get their panties in a bunch over a personal insult, all I have to do to throw them off center in a debate is start insulting the crap out of every person they admire and respect related to the topic.

You've seen this happen and WORK extremely well hundreds of times in P&S.

There is no way that reason you two think is why we can flame non members but not members is the real reason or else, we wouldn't allow the flaming of any human being, because it can have the same effect in a debate/discussion.


--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Don Imus double standard....here we go again [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #6832127 -

Yes, I realize this and agree with you. I didn't mention it because I was simply clarifying on the distinction as it exists on these boards. If I see anyone flaming someone like Bush, I'm not going to take moderator action, but I will probably call them on it. It isn't productive discussion of ideas. :lol:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Don Imus double standard....here we go again [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6832198 -

:cheers:

What can one say on your post Hank?

It speaks for itself about how silly things are on planet earth! :tongue:


--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Israeli/Palestinian Solution
( 1 2 all )
Prodijal_Son 4,035 31 05/06/03 12:59 PM
by Cracka_X
* Gingerbread Man becomes 'Ginger Person' at IMU lonestar2004 390 5 09/12/05 05:44 PM
by IgnatiusJReilly
* Scumbag Palestinians (A non-bigoted title)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
luvdemshrooms 7,825 116 06/21/03 12:46 AM
by Xlea321
* German report: Palestinians likely killed Gaza boy wingnutx 1,926 9 04/04/02 11:44 AM
by MAIA
* Israeli Family Rescued By Palestinian Refugees Zahid 478 0 10/16/03 10:39 PM
by Zahid
* A Japanese View of the Palestinians wingnutx 924 16 08/20/03 08:41 PM
by wingnutx
* Lebanon won't let Palestinians buy land wingnutx 673 5 10/16/03 05:15 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* Palestinians: US was warned of the dangers
( 1 2 all )
PsiloKitten 1,234 22 10/16/03 04:29 PM
by wingnutx

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
1,028 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 20 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.