Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Is DMT really in our brains? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #6767317 -

Great point, I almost forgot about that.

(Hard to imagine forgetting it completely, as twice weekly someone will post a new thread "Joe Rogan DOES DMT. I don't know if this has been posted before but..." :laugh: )


--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT really in our brains? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #6767646 -

:lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT really in our brains? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #6768310 -

This has probably been said, but I'm too lazy to read the whole thread. DMT can be found in everyone's bloodstreams, at anytime. The theory that it is released in large amounts at birth and death is based on this: The more stress people are under, the more DMT can be found in there blood, that is proven. Thus, the guy assumed since birth and death are unbeleivabally stressful on the brain, it must let off large amounts of DMT, probably enough to make you trip out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT really in our brains? [Re: dedjam]
    #6770628 -

gopenguins said:
BrainForest said:
DMT is in our brains



Proof?

I am not disagreeing. My original post in the other thread asking for evidence isnt because I do not believe it to be true...but thats just it - a belief or theory (although there is a difference in the 2).

However, this theory is being touted as truth and plastered all over this forum by people such as yourself, that may have read ONE book on the subject, and now believe it as fact. That is no worse than if I saw one negative paper on MDMA and took it as truth. When talking about scientific things, like what chemicals are produced in the brain, it is imparitive to be able to back up your claims with peer-reviewed medical papers. If DMT exists, atleast in any detectable form, I am sure there must be some documentation out there for it...or I would like to think so, although research on those types of things is scarce.

I would like to see such proof though, just so when I am talking about this to other people, I can say "DMT is in the brain" and back up what I am saying with proof. When you arent talking to other people knowledgeable about substances like DMT, and you say something like that, people tend to look at you like you are full of shit unless you can provide them with some form of evidence other than "because I said so, and he said so, so it must be true"



Alright, then this shouldn't be treated as a disagreement. You're right, I read a book and assumed the author's theory was fact. When I looked it up I discovered it was just a lot of evidence, and no real proof. That is why I wanted to raise the question.

I'm just saying that it is a safe assumption, based on what is proven medical fact.


--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT really in our brains? [Re: ReoSpeedwagon153]
    #6771276 -

So, if the body pumps lots of DMT whenwe die....maybe whn we die we go on an everlasting DMT trip....good trip if we were good in our lifetime and bad trip if we were bad....that would make DMT heaven and Hell...sorry guy im really stoned right now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT really in our brains? [Re: cobforever101]
    #6772116 -

might/prolly just be a beginning transition stage.


--------------------
Am I breathing up or down? says the speaking fictional character.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT really in our brains? [Re: cobforever101]
    #6772161 -

supposedly a lot of dmt is produced during dark room retreats (spending weeks in the dark). people begin to "see in the dark", and i think it is the dmt which provides this "inner light".

an interesting piece -

Quote:
DAY 6-8
At this stage the pineal gland starts to produce the neurohormone 5-MeO-DMT. This psychoactive tryptamine is highly luminescent; it is also extremely phospherescent due to the amount of phosphene that it transmits onto the visual cortex.
The neuro transmitter 'akashon' is normally only active when we are in the womb and in the first months of our lives. It is now reactivated in the darkroom.

5-MeO-DMT switches on 40% more of the cerebral cortex and awakens the nervous system to become aware of itself; 'beingness' results. Hence, the possibility of metaprogramming the nervous system's bio-computer - activating healing and conflict message assortment of the nervous system.

5-MeO-DMT is the empathogenic neurotransmitter that expands the emotional body between 'infinity and zero'. It gives rise to telepathy in the emotional and intuitive bodies. It engages the awakening of the 'Flower Of Life', the spine, which begins to glow in a state of beingness and peace.

Many exercises will be practiced during this period; compacting Chi, consciousness and awareness into the nervous system, working with the Silent Self and anchoring the Immortal Body.

5-Meo-DMT discharges the darkness from the darkroom. A bright light will be activated.
This Great White Light, the manifestation of the astral body, enables the self to project externally.

At this point, some degree on 'N-Methyl-D-Aspartare Inhibition' (NMDA-I) usually occurs. This is a 'soft form' of the slowing of the glutamate input signals into the cells. This makes it easier for the nervous system to cause electrons to stop flowing within the cells, allowing for profound meditative trance states.

The 5-MeO-DMT prepares the nervous system, through its empathic state of being and self awareness of the nervous system, for the DMT or dimethyltryptamine production of the pineal gland, in psychoactive milligram dosages.

DAY 9-12
There is now enough 'Mono Amine Oxidase Inhibition' triggered by the pinoline, to allow the pineal gland's 'serotonin to melatonin cycle' to be intercepted by adrenaline and ephedrine activity and converted into a 'serotonin DMT pathway'.
When DMT levels reach more than 25mg, one's experience can become very visual. DMT is the visual third eye neurotransmitter. It enables the energy body and spirit to journey into hyperspace, beyond third dimensional realms of time and space. It is intensely energizing. At this stage of the Dark Room Retreat, the required amount of sleep tends to diminish dramatically. Although the day may last 24 hours, 3 hours of sleep can seem like 12.
During this period we will engage in further practices; psychic games and interactivity, Taoist Dream Yoga (advanced levels) and Imagination Expansion.



taken from http://www.universal-tao.com/dark_room/enlightenment.html


--------------------

Strive to be more than a codified manifestation of a generalized technological consciousness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT really in our brains? [Re: ReoSpeedwagon153]
    #6772201 -

according to Strassman, there is a good chance that DMT is secreted by the pineal gland, but the link has not been found.

So, there is no evidence only speculation


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT really in our brains? [Re: demiu5]
    #6772555 -

Maybe you should start reading up on lucid dreaming. To tell you the truth this sounds really interesting but its very hard to belive without actual proof.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT really in our brains? [Re: demiu5]
    #6772989 -

demius said:
according to Strassman, there is a good chance that DMT is secreted by the pineal gland, but the link has not been found.




I wouldn't say there's a "good chance". One of the reasons he cites is ancient civilizations that think of the pineal gland as the 'seat of the soul'. I'm not correcting you, as you clearly said "according to strassman", which is exactly right. He does call it a good chance, whether that's true or not. Just thought I'd make this point.

retrospect said:
The more stress people are under, the more DMT can be found in there blood, that is proven.



Would you mind providing a source for this information. That would be the largest piece of the puzzle to believe on faith alone.

ReoSpeedwagon153 said:
When I looked it up I discovered it was just a lot of evidence, and no real proof. That is why I wanted to raise the question.

I'm just saying that it is a safe assumption, based on what is proven medical fact.



I'm not really sure how much evidence strassman brought to the table. Lots of speculation, mostly. 'Safe assumption' is going a little bit too far. "Not rejected by proven medical fact." is the best grade I'd give the hypothesis at this point. And hey, it does have some interesting things going for it like the picograms of dmt in various parts of the body. It's certainly not improbable to the point where I'd suggest against further research. Of course it should be researched.

I hate that I'm coming off as a Strasman hater. I enjoyed his book. If it were more often represented for what it was, things would be gold. :laugh: But the fact that it isn't suggests that this is at least partially to blame on the way it was written. Intentionally or not, it's very for some people to read it and assume that the author is referencing verified fact, when it's often just speculation.


--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Extraction Info and Shrooms/DMT Question jelsert 2,182 8 12/13/02 06:46 AM
by TinMan
* DMT Safety & Use
( 1 2 all )
Fospher 6,817 24 08/16/05 08:47 AM
by Hanky
* Can you get brain damage from a DMT overdose?
( 1 2 3 all )
trypyamine 46,798 50 05/04/12 06:53 PM
by dmtisnot4me
* DMT
( 1 2 all )
Jenherself 8,683 27 08/27/17 11:18 AM
by Blabble40
* bufotenin?? digitalcube 1,904 10 01/07/05 12:59 PM
by mjshroomer
* DMT questions: Price, and "dying from shock" ShroomyTunes 2,750 14 08/25/05 04:24 PM
by ShroomyTunes
* DMT - Reason behind "Alien abduction" mikeyboy 5,917 18 01/13/08 09:12 PM
by handicappedrat
* DMT/Psilocybin Cross Tolerance endokrin 11,512 7 09/29/04 04:57 PM
by shallow

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
5,135 topic views. 0 members, 32 guests and 50 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 15 queries.