Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Peat Moss
    #674672 -

This is my first try using peat moss as the top casing layer. It was about a inch thick and my bottom layer is verm. So, the only other substrate I have used so far was coco coir and I never really had to mist my casing untill after the first flush. Well with the peat moss, it seems to dry out very quickly. I have been misting it everyday, sometimes twice a day, since I birthed it and now that I have pins that are forming, I dont really want to mist b/c im afraid it could hurt them. I already misted once yesterday and I noticed some bruising on a couple of little spots. This is probally b/c some big drops of water came out when I misted, but im going to walmart and trying to find a better spray bottle. Right now I was just using a old fabreeze bottle. Do ya'll think I should wait untill after my first flush to mist again? Or should I mist even though they are forming pins? I was just curious if the lack of moisture from the peat would cause any problems. My last casing with coir, I misted once while they had mushrooms, and some of them on the caps had big dents in them. I just dont want that to happen again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: ]
    #674735 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Peat Moss [Re: vatoloco]
    #674756 -

Thanks, will do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Sphagnum peat moss for 50//50 casing? ShroomBilly 8,500 10 05/02/18 04:39 AM
by bodhisatta
* Peat Moss or Coco Coir for casing? actionshroom 5,962 13 04/17/05 11:35 AM
by psilocyben
* Success with Peat Moss and BRF bigboomers 741 3 05/25/05 05:13 PM
by srgtm1a
* spagnum moss or peat moss? Hollywood 3,667 6 01/12/15 03:26 AM
by sauroman1
* 50/50 Coco Coir versus 50/50 Peat Moss
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Blue Helix 55,108 93 12/04/16 11:30 AM
by mushboy
* sphagnum peat moss??? can it be used instead of plain peat moss.?? vescudero0 2,537 10 07/17/06 12:16 AM
by Yamidude
* sphagnum peat moss meatman 2,505 3 09/24/01 02:28 PM
by meatman
* Sphagnum Moss and Peat Moss? DrugFreeMan 3,147 14 07/11/06 05:44 AM
by tonyperez420

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,046 topic views. 13 members, 97 guests and 112 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.