Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Can somebody help me identify this mushroom¿?
    #6512021 -

hello, I'm from Paraguay, sorry for my english it's not very good.. jeje..
I want to ask for your help, please can someone help me to identify this mushroom? I found it but I don't know if it is poison.
[image]http:// [/image]


--------------------
"NAZI MUERTO, PUNK CONTENTO"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can somebody help me identify this mushroom¿? [Re: ombo]
    #6512040 -

What habitat was the mushroom found?

growing from in a field or a forest?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can somebody help me identify this mushroom¿? [Re: California]
    #6512078 -

I found it growing in a cow shit (sorry but maybe my english can sound rude, I don't have a big vocabulary) in a field, this morning...


--------------------
"NAZI MUERTO, PUNK CONTENTO"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can somebody help me identify this mushroom¿? [Re: ombo]
    #6512172 -

An inky cap species (coprinellus). They generally appreciate nutrient rich habitats like rotting wood, manure, etc.
Nice find, I like their their fragile appearance!

Btw, this species is probably inedible and certainly inactive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can somebody help me identify this mushroom¿? [Re: koraks]
    #6512205 -

ohh.. so better i don't eat them.. jejeje.. thanks you very much...!!! I will keep searching.. thaxxx..!!!


--------------------
"NAZI MUERTO, PUNK CONTENTO"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can somebody help me identify this mushroom¿? [Re: ombo]
    #6512209 -

It's certainly nothing you want to eat.

That will be one of the Coprinellus species that cannot be accurately identified to species without a microscope. One example would be C. stercoreus, but there are a bunch of them and we need to know about several microscopic features to even get them into the correct subsection, much less species.

Happy mushrooming!


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can somebody help me identify this mushroom¿? [Re: ombo]
    #6512214 -

You're welcome. Were you looking for something particular btw.? Cause the mushrooms you found don't in the least resemble any known active or edible species.

I'm getting the impression that you're grabbing random mushrooms from a field in the hope of finding something interesting. A dangerous effort that can be made so much more safe and effective by a little research.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can somebody help me identify this mushroom¿? [Re: ombo]
    #6512219 -

Inactive means that it doens't have any effect if I eat it...¿?


--------------------
"NAZI MUERTO, PUNK CONTENTO"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can somebody help me identify this mushroom¿? [Re: ombo]
    #6512250 -

inactive means they don't have any psychotropic effect. it is not the same as edible or non-toxic.


--------------------



Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can somebody help me identify this mushroom¿? [Re: ombo]
    #6512251 -

exactly like you say.. I'm grabbing random mushrooms because I don't understand.. I'm starting in this and I'm researchig in the net, that's because I'm here... to ask to the people who knows about mushrooms, I don't want to eat any poison mushroom... thanx for your help.. if I found any other different can I post it here...??


--------------------
"NAZI MUERTO, PUNK CONTENTO"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can somebody help me identify this mushroom¿? [Re: ombo]
    #6512286 -

certainly, just be sure to give a description as outlined in the examples in [url:http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5731447/an/0/page/0]this thread[/url] to the best of your ability if you would like an id. for further information on important features in writing a description, see here.

happy mushroom hunting.


--------------------



Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can somebody help me identify this mushroom¿? [Re: canid]
    #6512313 -

thax...!! I'll read it...!!
Right now it's raining here at my contry... I think tomorrow I'll hunt some mushrooms.. :laugh:


--------------------
"NAZI MUERTO, PUNK CONTENTO"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can somebody help me identify this mushroom¿? [Re: ombo]
    #6513081 -

Koraks & ToxicMan - Coprinellus??  I was thinking Parasola...  why do you think it is in the genus Coprinellus?

Ombo - You seem smart- smart enough not to insist on eating random mushrooms like many new members.  :smile:  I have to mention, you're typing "jejeje", I think you mean "hehehe".  As to represent laughing or giggling.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can somebody help me identify this mushroom¿? [Re: CureCat]
    #6513147 -

yes, I'm trying to identify my mushrooms, so I don't get poisoned... hehehehe... <----- like that? sorry, I don't speak english very well... :laugh:


--------------------
"NAZI MUERTO, PUNK CONTENTO"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can somebody help me identify this mushroom¿? [Re: ombo]
    #6513298 -

Heh, yes, just like that.  :grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can somebody help me identify this mushroom¿? [Re: CureCat]
    #6514343 -

I mentioned Coprinellus because Coprinus disseminatus ended up in that genus. Parasola is certainly another good choice, and I wouldn't say it was wrong.

Happy mushrooming!


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can somebody help me identify this mushroom¿? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #6514810 -

I'd say coprinellus just based on a first impression. I could certainly also live with parasola!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can somebody help me identify this mushroom¿? [Re: koraks]
    #6515081 -

I was thinking along the lines of Parasola plicatilis or P. auricoma, rather than Coprinellus disseminatus (which I looked up, and there is question as to whether or not the species is still classified in Coprinellus- it may have gone back to Coprinus, though I doubt it  :foreheadslap: ).

The mushroom Ombo posted shows consistent characteristics of a Parasola- broadly convex to plane pileus.  As opposed to C. disseminatus which infrequently gains a plane pileus with maturity, usually only opening moderate to broadly convex.

Any way, comparison pics-

P. plicatilis



P. auricoma



C. disseminatus



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can somebody help me identify this mushroom¿? [Re: CureCat]
    #6516375 -

Agree CureCat! Nicely illustrated post.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Need help identifying mushroom in NW PA! cottlestonpie 1,425 1 08/09/03 08:13 PM
by Gumby
* How to identify mushroom poisoning Mitchnast 4,923 13 12/01/22 09:32 PM
by Mitchnast
* which deadly posionus mushrooms grow in western WA state? bigj2647 6,448 14 04/25/03 03:19 PM
by Anonymous
* Attention bored mushroom identifiers LikwidDrawp 2,131 11 09/12/03 11:02 AM
by canid
* how do i tell if wild mushrooms are psycho active, edible... Told 6,405 7 05/14/03 10:26 PM
by Remy
* Mushroom ID Help Needed
( 1 2 all )
Clockwork 15,068 29 01/22/18 08:27 AM
by majicman30
* Are there any speicies of mushroom that have... Ase 2,667 14 04/12/03 10:06 AM
by Anonymous
* help w/mushroom ID poopheadman 1,635 6 07/03/03 12:02 PM
by angryshroom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
3,497 topic views. 0 members, 31 guests and 28 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.