Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Sterilized Jars Upkeep and freshness
    #648109 - 05/27/02 04:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

How long can you keep a jar that's already sterilized before you HAVE to innoculate? I can only fit 5 jars at a time into my PC without stacking the jars. Where should I store the cooled/sterile jars until I can get all 12 ready for a grow?

How long will the substrate last in storage before no longer effective to colonize?

Thanks in advance.

Love & Light,

Boppity

PS - I got the incubator at 80.3 F today on the first shot. I'm happy. Shooting for an even 81F.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Sterilized Jars Upkeep and freshness [Re: Boppity604]
    #648113 - 05/27/02 04:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Your jars will be fine unless they dry out or get contaminated. Wait untill the jars are cool to remove them and place them in a partially sterile place. I've waited up to five days with no problems and I bet you could get away with a lot more. Also, you can stack your jars (if they fit) as I do this regularly. I can only fit 3-jars in my PC but I can stack them to 6 and have 12 jars ready in 12 hours if needed (with proper sterilization and cooling time).

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Sterilized Jars Upkeep and freshness [Re: phrozendata]
    #648126 - 05/27/02 04:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

do you add more water at the bottom if you stack? Or just keep the .5-1.0 inch of water to the middle of the bottom row of jars?

Love & Light,

Boppity

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation