Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Registered: 11/07/99
Posts: 3,090
Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: just sterilized jars, nervous
    #13185 - 04/19/00 06:51 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

15 minutes should not matter, esp. doing pf cakes, 45 min. is plenty.
you used more verm. than standard. for 10 jars only 5 cups verm. is used.
the water & brf content are correct. still, more verm. should not hurt anything, better fluffy than too dense.
the jars must be totally cooled. overnte is best as the core may still be quite warm after the outer layer has cooled.

------------------
Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.



--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineTomInWonderland
Just here to help out
Male User Gallery

Registered: 04/10/00
Posts: 405
Loc: FL
Last seen: 3 years, 10 months
Re: just sterilized jars, nervous [Re: Hippie3]
    #13187 - 04/19/00 07:07 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Well I've always heard to sterilize bye press. cooker at 12 PSI for 45 mintue, and mine is only 10 PSI and I sterilized for 20 minutes. and I have growth in all jars and no contams (knock on wood) so far. 4 of my 12 jars have over 75 percent colonization. the rest are between only 25 percent and 50 percent. You should be A-OK...

------------------
"You can turn your back on a person, but never, turn you back on a drug."



Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Anonymous

Re: just sterilized jars, nervous [Re: Hippie3]
    #13188 - 04/20/00 03:28 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the posts, I just inoculated so now all I can do is wait and hope.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Anonymous

Re: just sterilized jars, nervous [Re: Hippie3]
    #13189 - 04/21/00 09:04 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In my limited experiance....It seems that sterilization of jars is the easy part. They sterilize quite readily when placed in a pan of boiling water.

The contams seem to enter more readily during the innoculation. AFterall, by sterilizing you just made an environment thats very well suited for anything to grow - virtually no competition for the medium.




Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Anonymous

Re: just sterilized jars, nervous [Re: Hippie3]
    #13190 - 04/22/00 01:05 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)


Heh. It's really hard to screw up the PF tek. I used it seccessfully the first time I tried it. Follow the instructions and you won't be disappopinted.


------------------
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
---Willy Wonka



Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Sterile jars flawed 974 4 11/04/02 10:47 PM
by repobob
* No growth in pre sterilized jars PaPa 1,457 3 03/15/02 11:18 PM
by Mr. G
* Sterilized Jars Upkeep and freshness Boppity604 1,250 2 05/27/02 04:29 PM
by Boppity604
* ? about sterilized jars Anonymous 616 2 10/29/02 12:41 PM
by StS
* how long before sterilized jar spoils? maxlongstarr 2,956 7 04/02/02 11:39 AM
by Seuss
* Sterilizing Jars W/O A Pr. Cooker NWShroomer 1,031 10 12/07/02 05:03 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* sterilized jars on a shelf... StonerSteve 1,392 10 03/02/02 02:49 PM
by moblar
* how long can i wait on sterilized jars? Spoogy 1,175 4 08/09/01 12:15 PM
by jonnyshaggs420

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, FooMan, mushboy, fahtster, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, stonesun, wildernessjunkie, cronicr, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato
808 topic views. 20 members, 95 guests and 86 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic | ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2021 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 13 queries.