Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegoodontv
Stranger
Re: NEED HELP WITH MYCOBAG PINNING PROBLEM [Re: StopGo]
    #6237245 - 11/01/06 10:45 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Well, well! Unfortunately, I'm having this exact same problem with the same bags but with the brazilian strain. I'm considering dunking and coldshocking the.. three bricks of mycelium, and case them using cococoir, but I really don't want to fuck up due to I'm a cool newb.

All three bags of mine have been roughly 100% colonized for .. I'd say three weeks. I would just wait, but my first attempt at a mycobag colonized to about 95%, then stopped. I waited, waited, and waited... four weeks later, there was light puke brown discoloration on the side of the bag growing bigger everyday. Anyway, I fear that happeneding again! So, if anyone can help us out, that'd be really cool.. of course.

Edited by goodontv (11/01/06 10:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: NEED HELP WITH MYCOBAG PINNING PROBLEM [Re: goodontv]
    #6237257 - 11/01/06 10:48 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

goodontv said:
Well, well! Unfortunately, I'm having this exact same problem with the same bags but with the brazilian strain. I'm considering dunking and coldshocking the.. three bricks of mycelium, and case them using cococoir, but I really don't want to fuck up due to I'm a cool newb.

All three bags of mine have been roughly 100% colonized for .. I'd say three weeks. I would just wait, but my first attempt at a mycobag colonized to about 95%, then stopped. I waited, waited, and waited... four weeks later, there was light puke brown discoloration on the side of the bag growing bigger everyday. The discoloration was kind've a light brown. Anyway, I fear that happeneding again! So, if anyone can help us out, that'd be really cool.. of course.

I cold shocked mine and they still didn't pin for weeks,Dunking may not be a bad idea just make sure you rinse off the yucky dunk water under the tap,You are still gonna have to wait forever I'm afraid

OfflineSupershrooomer
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: NEED HELP WITH MYCOBAG PINNING PROBLEM [Re: Blutjager]
    #6237409 - 11/01/06 11:24 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Is this becoming a common problem with mycobags? How many people have had this problem? Is there anyone on Sporeworks on the board that can give us some tips? I've invested a lot of money in this setup.

OfflineSuchSmartMonkeys
mycologically driven individual
Male User Gallery

Re: NEED HELP WITH MYCOBAG PINNING PROBLEM [Re: StopGo]
    #6237432 - 11/01/06 11:33 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

StopGo said:
If I were you Id open the bags and lay them in trays and case. You wont really have to worry about the contam factor because fully colonized substrate is pretty resistant to contamination. You should be able to case the tray and fruit in a rubbermaid. I think your problem is lack of FAE. How often do you open the bags to let fresh air in. I personally have never fruited invetro so I can comment on the method your trying to use.

if you were to case your bag spawn, would you just set it in a tub with a casing layer on top of it? or would you break up your big cake and mix it?

also, would it be possibly to colonize inside the bags, then remove from the bag, do a dunk and roll then send it off to your FC? (like you would with pf cakes, except it would just be a huge one...)

thanks!

Quote:

Supershrooomer said:
Is this becoming a common problem with mycobags? How many people have had this problem? Is there anyone on Sporeworks on the board that can give us some tips? I've invested a lot of money in this setup.

i've been thinking about putting a decent amount of money into a set up, and i wanted to start off with mycobags...seemed like a good alternative to the PF method...
also, what did you use as your growing medium instead of BRF and verm since it's in the bag? or would it work to make a big BRF and verm cake (i would assume it wouldn't enough nutrients to get the full potential out of a big brick up mycelium like that...)?

--------------------
[url=http:

Edited by SuchSmartMonkeys (11/02/06 01:42 AM)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: NEED HELP WITH MYCOBAG PINNING PROBLEM [Re: SuchSmartMonkeys]
    #6237484 - 11/01/06 11:49 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

You've had suggestions to remove from the bag and case, and my suggestion above to cut slits in the bag for air exchange. Either one will work.

I'd suggest jars for spawn over bags. Spawn bags work great for rye, but they must be prepared dryer than for jars. I fruit in them all the time when my greenhouse is full, buy doing as I suggested above. Cut slits in the top part of the bag at full colonization.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: NEED HELP WITH MYCOBAG PINNING PROBLEM [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6237497 - 11/01/06 11:53 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

RR,how much rye would I use in a spawn bag,I still have a ton of them leftover from my poo bag grow and I may as well but them to use somehow

OfflineSupershrooomer
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: NEED HELP WITH MYCOBAG PINNING PROBLEM [Re: Blutjager]
    #6237841 - 11/02/06 02:37 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

So instead of opening slits in the bags I opened the tops and use hair pins to close them, about twice a day I fan them, I'm in new england so the humidity is high, should I just leave them open?

Edited by Supershrooomer (11/03/06 07:20 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix