Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
Identification, dosage for dung lover - Help!
    #620983 - 04/28/02 01:45 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hey everyone
I was at a friend's place today out in the country and we decided to go shroom hunting in the paddocs where there has been horses and stuff. We found about 40 of these shrooms which I am pretty sure are magic but I don't know what 'kind' they are or what dosage to take, I just know that I have seen pics of these ones on the internet before but I never really thought I'd find these kinds cause I usually just go for Ps. Cyanescens.
Description:
Growing in horse shit. Caps are an off white, changing more to a yellow colour in the middle. They are domed and range in size from 2cm across to about 5 or 6cm across. Stems are about 0.5cm across and do not taper outwards at the bottom. They are white and have a purple - black ring where the veil has been broken. Average height 10-15cm. Gills are a medium brown - grey, but a lot lighter when they are young. I am taking a spore print now...will post the colour of it when it has dropped enough spores. There has been no bluing reactions in any of the shrooms *yet* but it has only been about 3 hours since I picked em.
I am thinking these are either Psilocybe Coprophilia (But I am doubtful of that one) or more likely Copelandia / Panaleous (sp?) Cyanescens.
Can anyone help me out? If it is Copelandia Cyanescens, what is a good dosage? (I need to know in shrooms rather than in grams)
With pics or anything, I want any info I can get on shrooms in NZ, I want to compile some better information on it and I am gonna need everyone's help so that us New Zealanders can get the shrooms which are growin in our lands!

Edited by Peace_Patrol (04/28/02 01:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Identification, dosage for dung lover - Help! [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #621320 - 04/28/02 12:33 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

If they haven't blued within 3 hours, then they're not Copelandia. I've heard that Copes blue within 30 min of picking, very potent little guys. Let us know what happend with the spore print.

Peace out,
-Gumby

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
    #621749 - 04/28/02 09:29 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I wouild Toss them out, they're definatley not Copelandias and I very, very highly doubt they're anything else magic. Whatever you do, don't eat them! (unless you're 200% sure!)

The Copelandias I pick go very, very blue with in about three minutes, let alone three hours. They will usually have blue bruises on them when you find them from rain, wind etc. Besides that, Copelandias grow from cow poop. They may also - but very rarely - grow from horse poop, but I've never seen or heard about it. Copelandias do not typically have purple rings around the stem (but many other Psilocybes do).

They sound kind of like Cubensis, but I don't think they grow in NZ at all.

In any case, I've never found a magic mushroom of any sort at all that has not bruised blue within fifteen minutes! I highly doubt they are anything magic but you can't tell without a photograph. Post a photo and do not eat those mushrooms until you have!!!

Look in cow shit, not horse shit.

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #621753 - 04/28/02 09:38 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

These are Copelandias:

There's a small chance that what you have found might be magic, but I doubt it. In any case it's impossible for us to ID %100 without a photograph.

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
    #621911 - 04/29/02 01:24 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hey everyone
The spore print turned out a dark purple colour. They still havent blued at all but they look a LOT like pictures I have seen around of Copelandia Cyanescens, they do look like those ones in the pic above as well. I know that Copelandia Cyanescens grow in this area, they are known as 'blue meanies' but I have never found them before myself.
And ya know what was gross? Today when I went to check on the spore print and how the drying was going, about 5 of the mushrooms were 'missing'. It was about then that I noticed a couple of piles of brown goop - on closer inspection I found all these little worm things - it was damn disgusting. What the hell are these worms? I have found them on Psilocybe Cyanescens before too they look like mini maggots. I chucked all of the 'affected' shrooms and the ones surrounding them as well. If I was gonna take any of these ones I think I'd thoroughly check them for worms first then boil the ones that had none into a tea.
That put me off a little but hey they good news was that I had a little hunt today and I found some niiiice specimens of ...well...uh...unidentified....but I do know that these ones are definatley Psilocybe mushrooms, I just am not sure of the exact type. The baby ones look like Ps. Azurescens with the little pointed tips, but the mature ones open up to look like Ps. Cyanescens with the wavy caps. They had a strong bluing reaction after about 5 minutes of being picked.
I am thinking these ones might be either Psilocybe subaeruginosa or something like that maybe even psilocybe stunzii. Anyone help me out?

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #621970 - 04/29/02 03:40 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hard to tell without a photograph.

As for the spore print, Copelandia cyanescens have a jet black spore print, so that puts any doubts about that to rest. Psilocybe cubensis, however, which sound much more like what you're describing sometimes have a purplish spore print...pity they do not grow in New Zealand. If those ones still have not bruised blue then definatley chuck them out.

As for the new ones that you found, that did go blue, where did you find them? Growing on what? Wood mulch? Poop?

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
The other ones [Re: oO_wombat_Oo]
    #621989 - 04/29/02 04:25 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I found these ones today on a rotting log. It was quite ironic really, I'd just spent an hour or so scrambling around in the woods lookin for some, with no luck, then I was walking back to the car along the roadside and there they were nestled on the roadside on the edge of the bushes. I picked all of the shrooms on it, there were about 15 that had burst their veils, I left the babies behind and just as I was picking them some shifty shroom hunting looking people drove past so I have moved the log away from the roadside into a nicer hidden area which looks a lot better environment for them anyway and I surrounded the log wiht lots more decomposing wood so hopefully the mycelium will spread and I will have started myself a patch.
As for the other ones yeah I agree I think I should chuck them out its just not worth the risk especially since there are these Psilocybe ones growing around closer to my home.
From now on I am gonna take my camera shroom hunting with me so hopefully soon I can scan some photos for you guys and all the New Zealanders here too because there seems to be jack-all info on our local psychadellic mushrooms here apart from that thing on erowid.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #621999 - 04/29/02 04:54 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I think it could be a P. Moellieri (Merdaria), check the next pic, it was taken by me at my lawn and mj indentified both as moellieri, i regularly get lookalikes from the top one, i thought the one at the bottom was a Ps. Semiglobata, mj says it's Merdaria.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Re: Identification, dosage for dung lover - Help! [Re: MAIA]
    #622797 - 04/30/02 01:18 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Thats it! Well the top one looks exactly like them, the bottom one doesn't though.
Do those ones grow in shit? Are they magic? Which species was the 'P' representing? Thanks a lot for the pic!

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #622883 - 04/30/02 03:33 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Psilocybe Merdaria (aka Moellieri), it grows directly from dung and also from soil where previously had dung, it's not magic but it's a psilocybe, you're getting closer, keep trying.
BTW, if you use the search button and submit a query for 'Merdaria' , you'll find plenty of pics.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom