Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
Re: Possible Active Hybrid between Copelandia Cyanescens and Conocybe Lactea? Please Help. [Re: mikonn]
    #4322696 - 06/21/05 10:14 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Copelandia chlorocystis?

Check your PM's.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Possible Active Hybrid between Copelandia Cyanescens and Conocybe Lactea? Please Help. [Re: ivi]
    #4322795 - 06/21/05 10:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I would agree with some mutant, sterile species of Panaeolus. If the species has been named yet, who knows?

I forgot where these were found, but it seems to be grass. My guess is some strange fertilizer or pesticide was used on the grass and it caused the mushrooms to mutate. I'd be weary about eating them just for that reason. The fact that they drop no spores at all is a dead give away (to me at least) that they are sterile mushrooms.

If you find them earlier, do the caps have more color, or are they always white?

Pan subbs will turn the same color after a few hours in the sun. Pan subbs will also blue fairly hardcore depending on what they're growing from. In my subb patch I've found that when the subbs grow in the grass compost mixed with leaves and twigs, they're more likely to blue (which isn't very likely at all).

Over 4 or so years I think I might have found 10 subbs that blued out of 10,000. Mitchnast (member here), on the other hand, picks quite a bit of bluing subbs. Guess it's a regional/substrate/genetic thing.

Here's some pics of bluing subbs that I've found:

Invisiblemikonn
me

Re: Possible Active Hybrid between Copelandia Cyanescens and Conocybe Lactea? Please Help. [Re: Gumby]
    #4329945 - 06/23/05 07:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:

If you find them earlier, do the caps have more color, or are they always white?

They are actually a sorta light shade of popcorn yellow and they seem to become darker with age/prolonged exposure to the sun. you can sorta see it in this pic.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom