Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMentalHygene
otherworldly

Loc: Somewhere...Under the rai...
Taking off on a personal journey
    #618975 - 04/26/02 12:23 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hello all.
I am sure not everyone will be interested in this. However since i have shared alot with all of you, and because many of you have helped me along I figure I will tell you.

I have said in many posts, along with many others here that i need a change. By change I mean both in attitude and surroundings. I live in Phoenix AZ wich is a "spiritual deadzone" as far as I am concerned. I have been wanting to get out for many years to a place wich better facilitates my desire for spiritual growth. Well, I have made the decision to make a change. Come august, after a long summer full of hard work, a very good friend (who also posts here) and I are picking up and moving to the Hawaiian Island of Oahu.
Needless to say I am very excited, and yet scared shitless at the same time. I think thiss will be the best thing to ever happen to me. We will be living on the North shore where the population will be sparse to say the least. All that will be surrounding us will be endless jungle, huge mountains, and a clear blue sea. I think this will have tremendous effects on my mental condition and spiritual quest. There is a ranch down the road that is notorious for finding shrooms. They are called golden caps by the locals. And needless to say there will be prime smoke as well. Anyway, my point is that anyone can make a change if the will to do so is there. I wish we could create a self sufficient community there, but that is probably just a dream. I just thought I would share this so hopefully it will inspire others who wish to make a change of their own.
Well here goes nothin! Wish me luck. peace and love to all!

--------------------
"WHATS THE USE OF AUTONOMY WHEN A BUTTON DOES IT ALL?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: Taking off on a personal journey [Re: MentalHygene]
    #618988 - 04/26/02 12:37 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I think you are talking about Kuualoa ranch. Great place! Hawaii has a 4.9 percent unemployment rate, compare to the u.s.'s rate of 6.2 percent. Most people I know are unemployed, but you sound like you are bringing education with you.

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#619067 - 04/26/02 02:51 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

sounds like an adventure...but i don't think the north shore is as unpopulated as you think. but i know it will be a great change from arizona. if you ever want to start some kind of commune though, i'll join you.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
    #619254 - 04/26/02 08:36 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

That's awesome man, I wish you the best of luck. That's a dream I've had for a long time as well and I hope that someday I'll be able to fulfill it like you are.

Are you finding a job out there or are you going to try to live more off the land?

OfflineMentalHygene
otherworldly

Loc: Somewhere...Under the rai...
Re: Taking off on a personal journey [Re: nugsarenice]
    #619374 - 04/26/02 11:25 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Nugsarenice: I am speaking of Kuualoa ranch. Do you live on the island?

Felix: I have been to the north shore many a time. I am not saying I will be the only one in over there, but compared to the three million red-necks that I am used to in Phoenix it is very unpopulated.

Ska: I will be working at first, with the hopes of slowly working up to living off the land. It will no doubt take some time to learn how to grow all the proper foods. But that is what i am shooting for.

--------------------
"WHATS THE USE OF AUTONOMY WHEN A BUTTON DOES IT ALL?"

OfflineJPAtanat
    #619412 - 04/26/02 12:26 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

mental,
it is so cliche, but I still think that "follow your heart" is the best advice out there. Thank you for sharing your example of that with us.
I hope you find what you are looking for.

Peace.

OfflineAnimalChin

Loc: US of A
    #619442 - 04/26/02 12:58 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Fucken Cool ass......... I wish I had the balls to do something like that.... who knows. What Kind of work are you planning to do out there? My friend, is hawaiian and I went out there with him to his gramps place, and he grows some bud behind his pinapple farm, I thought it was bad ass. Any way, I wish you the best on your journey, -----Mah Ka Hiki.

--------------------
A Bird in the hand is Dead.

OfflinePachanguero
    #619468 - 04/26/02 01:27 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I used to live on the island. Had lots of fun at the Big Mele at the ranch, except that was the year Tool backed out at the last minute 'cuz he hurt his hand.

It's a very relaxed atmosphere, I'm sure you know. Land is probably the most valuable commodity, so if you want to be living off your own, be prepared to fork out the money.

Best of luck to you.

OfflinecHeMiCaLbLuE
Re: Taking off on a personal journey [Re: Pachanguero]
    #619575 - 04/26/02 03:18 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I've thought about this alot except can't find anyone with the balls to go through with it. Especially at the begining of my journey i felt i had to move to hawaii, i sat around crying alot because i don't really have the mental stability to assess the situation as being a nervous breakdown or a sign. All my life i have just wanted to be happy, exactly, a change. My journey has shown me happiness but i have a feeling it is ending and something else is beginning, i am showing the first signs of insanity, well thats what people are telling me and i am starting to feel it a bit, well thats an understatement. I guess i have always been mentally unstable, i've had a pretty tough life with alot of personal problems to deal with, but now it's worse for the simple reason that i am losing the emotion fear. This emotion has always kept me in balance when i have drifted away from reality before, but now that my journey is changing i have realized that there really is no point in fear, for nothing can hurt me, this is how i'm losing it. I fear not what you think of me, i fear not the devil or god or the aliems, really nothing. I fear not where my life is going cause i fear no death. I serve only to exsist now, where that takes me let it be for nothing matters. Last night i prayed for satan to come and save me, and guess what, he never came. Then i started to think i was being watched by spirits, ferries, and elves, i laughed and asked them to give me a sign cause i knew they were there. I started feeling a cold breeze, almost a wind in my kitchen, i laughed because i thought it was amusing, i waited for a knife to come at me in the kitchen but it never did. Well i hope one day that i will be in hawaii in happyland with all you guys but it seems quite unlikely at this point, but anyways i hope your dreams come true. peace>

--------------------
insanity with a plan, a plan to stop exercising truth as compared to breathing thin air, but to experience truth as all there is to experience, for what do i not already have that exsists? All i can do is enjoy the ride.

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: Taking off on a personal journey [Re: cHeMiCaLbLuE]
    #620972 - 04/28/02 01:37 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

you should do a search of "hydroponic solar powered power farms farming hawaii" and look for places to live. Use all the words in different combinations and you may find a commune that will let you farm for them.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds