Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehilikus989
who knew?

Loc: GA
weilii while you work! and cubes after!
    #6060643 - 09/14/06 02:38 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

today was a shroomy day for me in west cobb. my dad owns a landscaping company that serves west cobb and smyrna  and i help him from time to time when i need some extra cash. today we did a few of the normal customers but i got a pleasent suprise on the second yard. with the rain that we had the past two days i knew weilii would be out there but i had never seen any in any of the yards we do, until today that is.

i was weed-eating around the house when i looked down and saw it; that slick brown wavy cap- i knew it was a weilii instantly. it was healthy and new and i knew there would be others around. i quickly came across 5 more pretty weilii. the real treat came though a few minutes later. i went to the other side of the house and found (what was left) of a huge patch. big ass weilii everywhere (or there were anyway, my dad and the lawnmower took out alot of it  :frown: )but i still found some nice ones and picked up all of the shredded stems and caps i could. it came out to be a nice addition to my weilii stash. the best part though is now i have a new place to find them!

now onto the cubes. the rain i knew would also bring cubes because of the beautiful weather and temps as of late. i headed out to my most trusted field and was not let down. there were some big beautiful georgia cubes and some woodys as well. it wasnt the biggest haul in terms of quantity, but the quality was excellent. beautiful large cubes in pairs on the patties is a beautiful site, especially since its been about a year since we were able to get cubes here. i will be going back soon because i saw tons of woody pins.

anyway it was an exciting day and i just wanted to share it. i didnt have my camera at work or in the field but i took pics at home. hope yall have great luck hunting too, get out there and look cuz they're out there!

heres the weilii

check out this fat weilii stem

heres a big beautiful cube

heres a mug of some of the pretty cubes, woodys on the outsides

and heres the whole days worth before drying

shroom on!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
Re: weilii while you work! and cubes after! [Re: hilikus989]
    #6060654 - 09/14/06 02:42 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The 4th picture is terrific! Thanks for sharing!

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

OfflineDrMario
Head-Shrinker
Male User Gallery

Re: weilii while you work! and cubes after! [Re: Jenny]
    #6066674 - 09/16/06 01:36 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hey folks! I also live in Georgia, and saw VERY similar mushrooms to your Weiliis in my front yard and back yard recently.

Could you give me some more tell-tales of Weiliis in Georgia? They come up anytime it rains really, and seem to come back often. I've always been hesitant to pick and eat any mushrooms, because I don't really know too much about identification, and I'd rather not die.

I noticed your explanation of the 'tell tale wavy cap' so, I figured, Weilii must be a reliable ID for a somewhat novice ID'er. Anyhow.. thanks for help, and the pics are wonderful!

DrM

--------------------
"Hence in the wise leader's plans, considerations of advantage and of disadvantage will be blended together." -Sun Tzu

Offlinehilikus989
who knew?

Re: weilii while you work! and cubes after! [Re: DrMario]
    #6066750 - 09/16/06 02:22 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

well drmario the reason i spoke of the instantly recogniseable cap is because once you have picked enough weilii and know the physical characteristics of psilocybes you know right when you see them. there are many velutina that grow in weilii habitats and look very similar but if you know weilii, you know not to get those (velutina are not active).

weilii have a slick, bald smooth cap and can vary in color.(velutina tend to have similar coloration but with a somewhat furry cap). most of the yard weilii i have found are either dark brown or have a mixture of dark and light brown. the stems and gills are generally a light brown or tan and if you give it a good whiff it should smell like chemicals. weilii are potent and bruise blue pretty quick. weilii also are pretty hardy where as velutina fall apart very easily. the best thing you can do is check out as many pics and info as you can, pick them, and take a spore print. the spores should be dark purple/blackish. you are smart not to pick and eat what you are not sure of. remember when in doubt dont eat it!

check as many threads as you can on this site and also check weilii.com for more information.

shroom on!

Edited by hilikus989 (09/16/06 02:43 AM)

Offlinehilikus989
who knew?

#6066768 - 09/16/06 02:34 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

here are some more weilii pics for you, all of these are yard weilii.
also check posts by rancid, phishhead, xmush, lizardking and other bad ass weilii hunters.

Shroom on!

OfflineVampireSlayer
killing ghosts,zombies andvampires forlife
Male User Gallery

#6067108 - 09/16/06 10:44 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

nice shrooms! definately like your cubes man. I live in Florida and this is definately the season for the cubes. good job :smile:

--------------------
I Don't come to fight flesh and blood but spiritual wickedness in high and low places

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
    #6067109 - 09/16/06 10:47 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

HILIKUS!!!

Where the hell have you been man?!
I heard you got a new phone.
Me and dave'nig have been collecting weilii's from the main patch, and found a new one as well (it's freakin huge, man). We need to get together and trip! I have a trip lined up this Sunday morning with dave'nig and his girlfriend, Sunday at sunrise, it'll be beautiful.
Nice finds, BTW, I'm glad you found a new patch. Are those cubes from the McEachy field? If so, then the farmer's field is also still very active, I assure you (even after it got mostly raped).
Give me a call if you remember my number.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification