Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
Peace solution for the mid-east!
    #605055 - 04/11/02 05:50 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

We should bomb the region with shrooms, once consumed, all parties will realize that to kill and hate is to kill and hate there  own  self. :smile:.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinecHeMiCaLbLuE
Re: Peace solution for the mid-east! [Re: LOBO]
    #605507 - 04/11/02 02:48 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

best logic i have every heard used

--------------------
insanity with a plan, a plan to stop exercising truth as compared to breathing thin air, but to experience truth as all there is to experience, for what do i not already have that exsists? All i can do is enjoy the ride.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #606016 - 04/12/02 01:38 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I have encountered as much anger, self-righteousness and fear here as anywhere else.

How about the mushroom ingesting Aztecs doing human sacrifices?

How about several million Americans tripping in the '60s and '70s? Your experiment was already done by the hippies. The result? The USA is the most military nation on the planet and has the highest percentage of population in prison of any nation.

So much for your "Shroom Solution".

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
Re: Peace solution for the mid-east! [Re: Swami]
    #606240 - 04/12/02 09:39 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Swami is a joke, for Christ sake go and see a doctor, you have a mental problem.

--------------------

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
    #606260 - 04/12/02 10:17 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hey Swami, I always thought that was just an online nickname, that no person was really named Swami, or that that you were black, because the name sounds African, but in fact the name is Hawaiian right? You have'nt coauthored any books have you?

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Peace solution for the mid-east! [Re: nugsarenice]
    #606338 - 04/12/02 11:36 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

My intuition tells me that Swami is famous... I think he is either Paul McCartney or L Ron Hubbard.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#606341 - 04/12/02 11:38 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Swami is a joke, for Christ sake go and see a doctor, you have a mental problem.

See what a loving attitude shrooms give one?

--------------------

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: Peace solution for the mid-east! [Re: Revelation]
    #606344 - 04/12/02 11:39 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

See, I got this book here, and it is coauthored by a guy named Swami tayumanavar, actually not coauthored, but the author states thanks to her friend swami, in the beginning of the book. There are not many Swami's I presume also.

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
    #606414 - 04/12/02 12:30 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Are you serious Swami? Do you honestly think that psychedelics don't contribute at all to peace and acceptance? Even if they aren't a "peace pill", they still allow the user to step back from their daily behavior and look at the bigger picture. Correct me if I'm wrong (you were alive then, not me), but weren't the drug-using hippies the ones who were nonviolent and peaceful and the non-users the violent ones that tried to suppress it? I don't think the counterculture revolution in the 60's was a valid "experiment" because even at its height the number of users of psychedelics was still a vast minority of the population. And this just led to the non-using population to lash back with even more force.

At a personal level I know that my usage of psychedelics has increased my acceptance of others and pacifist attitude. I think that if everyone in the world had a psychedelic experience under their belts, it would be easier for them to break out of established (and often deleterous) patterns of behavior. Its not a miracle cure obviously, but it could be part of the solution.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Peace solution for the mid-east! [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #606451 - 04/12/02 01:09 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think the counterculture revolution in the 60's was a valid "experiment" because even at its height the number of users of psychedelics was still a vast minority of the population.
True, but noentheless the largest experiment of it's kind ever encountered.

Do you honestly think that psychedelics don't contribute at all to peace and acceptance?
Let's look at the Shroomery. This is a closed environment where I will guess that roughly 2/3 people (no facts to back that up) here have tripped. Yet I see violent personal attacks on here all the time. Doesn't look or feel like the reaction from enlightened loving souls.

but weren't the drug-using hippies the ones who were nonviolent and peaceful and the non-users the violent ones that tried to suppress it?
As you well know, nothing is that black & white and my experiences were only directly related to a few thousand people at most. Other than that my impressions of that era came from TV, music, Time Magazine, etc. In my highschool (graduated in 1973) I would guess that maybe 5% of the people tripped. The numbers are much, much higher today.

Hippies throwing rocks at the police in "Peace" demonstrations were in some ways as violent as the "establishment". There were many violent spin-offs such as the SDS, the Weathermen, The Black Panthers, The Manson family, etc. Again these were a minority, but still their existence cannot be denied. Vets coming home from Viet Nam did NOT receive the love from the public, but were jeered and made outcasts.

On the positive side, anyone could get a fear-free ride hitch-hiking anywhere. And there was a sharing and a love never felt before or since. Yes, drugs may have indeed been the catalyst, but I actually believe that most of the "Peace and Love" was cultural and not drug-based. I think once the young people realized that they still had to struggle to survive in this world, the euphoria and utopian ideals wore off.

At a personal level I know that my usage of psychedelics has increased my acceptance of others and pacifist attitude.
I must admit that I respect your posts as you are usually quite balanced and well-thought.

Perhaps our difference in opinion here has to do with dosage. Someone tripping on 100 mcg of acid or 2.5 grams of shrooms is unlikely to have a revelatory experience. Enhanced color perception and geometric patterns is not touching the face of God. How deep have you gone? Do you still desire to go there? What other practices to you do? (meditation, martial arts, volunteer work, etc.?)

--------------------

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
    #606607 - 04/12/02 04:27 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, drugs may have indeed been the catalyst, but I actually believe that most of the "Peace and Love" was cultural and not drug-based. I think once the young people realized that they still had to struggle to survive in this world, the euphoria and utopian ideals wore off.

Yes, I find this statement to be very true. As you are well aware, psychedelics do not equal enlightenment, but they can open doors. I don't know if you've read "Acid Dreams" but they talk a lot about how LSD served as a social catalyst and accelerator, greasing the gears of revolution and counterculture thought. It probably wouldn't have gone as far without LSD, but that's not to say it wouldn't have gone anywhere.

The sad truth is the peace and love utopianism did wear off, but I think this is in part because the movement never reached the critical mass to become part of mainstream society. There were some people that went too far (such as the more extremist groups), and the government did a good job at stereotyping the "hippies" and preventing the movement from gaining enough steam.

I must admit that I respect your posts as you are usually quite balanced and well-thought.

Thank you, and to return the compliment I must admit that this has a lot to do with your presence here. Knowing that you are around to pounce on any illogical thinking leads me to step back for a moment and think about my ideas in a different light.

How deep have you gone? Do you still desire to go there? What other practices to you do?

I have never gone terribly deep (4g is my max dose), although my 5-MeO-DMT experience last month was as deep as I'd ever like to go. For me psychedelics have served their purpose as a catalyst to my personal growth, and I am gradually moving away from them as a primary means of achieving insight. I've got the thinking under my belt, now its time to move on to the doing. I do meditate, but not nearly as much as I'd like to (damn college takes up way too much time).

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies