Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Delicious Bacon

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekyuss
east and west
    #576985 - 03/12/02 04:22 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

okay - so we are fighting each other again, sorry i dont want to touch a nerve with all you americans, but is it worth nuclear war?

bush seems to be on a crusade hear to rid the world of diversity, we are going to be all homogenised.

i am pissed off that afganistan is been invaded, don't get me wrong i love the americans for who they are (mostly) but i don't want the whole damn world to be america. afganistan was a beutiful rugged country where the people where simple and human and the air was clean, the scenery unspoiled. Yeh now its gonna be covered in concreate with a freaking macdonalds on every mountain top.

Make mine a McOpium Burger with extra hashish please Osama!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNextGenHippie
enthusiast
Loc: MD, USA
Re: east and west [Re: kyuss]
    #576990 - 03/12/02 04:29 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, I know what you mean. I wish for nothing but peace, but the rest of America seems to want revenge without evidence.

--------------------
[pot]Think left and think right[pot]
[pot]and think low and think high[pot]
[pot]Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try[pot]
-Dr. Seuss

Anonymous

#576999 - 03/12/02 04:37 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

What geo-politically controlled area are you from? I live in the land of people who
believe they are free and the home of the naive (America).

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #577003 - 03/12/02 04:43 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well the US isn't making anything better, but come on, afghanistan was torn with war and petty disputes long before the US entered. They had no need for concrete because they would just blow it up anyhow........They do have some beautiful mountains though. But the US is just adding to the explosions.....

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Offlinekyuss
Re: east and west [Re: ]
    #577006 - 03/12/02 04:46 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I come from the land of the - well we could be free and niave if we really wanted to but we are to busy moaning about the fact that we all know we are not free to actually do anything about it so we will just moan about it and hope somebody else will do it for us. Yes the land of alchololic and apathatic, Great Britain!

You lot had a right to do something (look at us in the Falklands!) but the whole Iraq - Israel/Palestine ect. bush is stirring some real shit up that we just don't want or need. accuse me of been a bourgoise know-it-all prat if you want as long as you can give me a good arguement which is sound and logical and beat me fairly. Then and only then you can whip my arse and call me judy!

Anonymous

#577036 - 03/12/02 05:19 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Someone once said "war is the health of the state." Ever since the collapse of the
Soviet Union and the end of the undeclared "Cold War," our government has been
blindly groping to find new enemies. Now, since 9/11 we have a new undeclared war.
Fortunately (for the statists), this time the enemy is much more nebulous, the goals
undefined and the sheeple are more firmly behind actions of those in power.

Offlinekyuss
Re: east and west [Re: ]
    #577066 - 03/12/02 05:46 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

sounds like george orwells 1984 to me. scary stuff but strikes a chord doesnt it!

BTW did anyone else hear one of bush's speaches when he quickly slipped in "the sides havent changed" between sentances? Hmmm

Anonymous

#577242 - 03/12/02 08:38 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

WESTSIDE!!!!!!! crips funna kill bush yo..........damn ape lookin mofo big corupt coke smoke mofo iswear he's fuckin it up mad he's gonna get us all killed next times he's in wis i'ma egg his ass

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
    #577453 - 03/13/02 12:48 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think this whole shananegans in Afganistan is going to be over for another 3 years until we can elect this dumbass out of office. Maybe enough Americans will be pissed off at him by then.

Offlinekyuss
Re: east and west [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #577676 - 03/13/02 09:09 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Thats one thing i respect about americans - if something pisses them off they do something about it. How long have you lot got until your next election?

i just hope the war hasn't escalated any further by then, i happen to enjoy life so dont want some redneck fucking it all up.

InvisibleSilent_One
    #577746 - 03/13/02 11:17 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Bush was barely elected in 2000, although he didnt become president until sometime in 2001 because of all that nonsense. So 2004 would be the next election. Hopefully he will be impeached by then.

OfflineHaZe
Re: east and west [Re: Silent_One]
    #577878 - 03/13/02 02:43 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

The scary thing is that Bush will probably win the next election easily, and it's all because of this stupid war (Isn't his approval rating something like 80%?)

Don't be surprised if "The War on Terrorism" is stepped up even further come 2004.

Offlinebedetached
supercalifragolisticexpialidocious

Loc: your mind
Re: east and west [Re: HaZe]
    #577884 - 03/13/02 03:01 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

makes me wonder if bush didn't have something to do with WTC's, knowing that a war would make him look like a good pres(so the polls say), and prolly would get him reelected. we all know that our gov't is twisted, also Sr. bush has many connections, also, im going to have to bring up the fact that Sr bush and son are devought masons and related to the royalty in england, and sr bush is all for a one world gov't, but thats a whole new can of fuckshit.

--------------------
through our senses the world appears. through our reactions we create delusions. without reactions the world becomes clear.

Offlinebedetached

Re: east and west [Re: bedetached]
    #577886 - 03/13/02 03:06 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

also, what goes around comes around, America is in for a fall, whether its now or later i dont know, but just remember how we killed and pillaged the indians, thanksgiving, what a crock, we feasted with one hand then stabbed with the other. now im not saying the americans today are to blame or deserve punishment, but i think that we(americans) are goin to have to take the consequence for our forefathers someday.
or maybe im just trippin...

--------------------
through our senses the world appears. through our reactions we create delusions. without reactions the world becomes clear.

Offlineketamatic
poolshark
Loc: Ohio, USA
Re: east and west [Re: bedetached]
    #578081 - 03/13/02 08:14 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

>makes me wonder if bush didn't have something to do with WTC's, knowing that a war would make him look like a good pres(so the polls say), <

Ever seen the movie 'Canadian Bacon'???

--------------------
"Tyin' off the dinosaur tonight used to be so cool, but now I've got the needle, and I can't shake, but I can't breathe, you take it away, but I want more and more, one day I'm gonna loose the war..."
--Bradley Nowell

Offlinebedetached

Re: east and west [Re: ketamatic]
    #578255 - 03/14/02 12:08 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

never saw it, sorry

--------------------

OfflineDivine_Madness

Loc: The Netherlands
    #578705 - 03/14/02 01:13 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I have been pretty much concerned about where the world is going to at the moment. I just want peace, but it seems like most countries arent handling it well.
We're all mad here.
Now I dont even care anymore about whats going to happen. If a third world war breaks loose or something, which wouldnt suprise me, ill hope its for a good reason.
What has to happen will happen

I think it is very unlikely Bush is behind the attacks. Remember his first reactions? He was scared as shit, if you ask me, and didnt know at all what to say. That doesnt sound like a country saver to me.

--------------------
its all placebo

Offlinekyuss
Re: east and west [Re: Divine_Madness]
    #578725 - 03/14/02 01:48 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

yeh i heard that conspiracy - clinton had a war soon after he came into government (monica lewinski), bush was looking like a prick and suddenly he has a war. i dont think anybody would actually stoop to such lows, although afgahnistan is full of cheap oil reserves and drugs.

i dont want to know whats going on to much anymore, there is so much propaganda coming from both sides ive decided they are both as bad as each other.

Offlinepoopship
    #579174 - 03/14/02 11:47 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

if anybody wants some real, uncensored news from an independant media source, check out www.indymedia.org or www.commondreams.org. these two sites lean to the left quite a bit, but at least they acknowledge it, unlike corporate media that touts itself as unbiased, which couldn't be further from the truth.
as far as conspiracy theories go, everything I have read that has actual sources for verification (ie newspapers from europe that don't censor things like our press does) point VERY heavily to Bush not necessarily being behind the attacks, but having plenty of foreknowledge and LETTING them happen. this only makes sense when one realizes that the Caspian Sea oil reserves are directly accesible through Afghanistan, and that Bush is from an oil family and Cheney used to work for Haliburton, another energy company... fuckin fascists. oh yeah, Bush's grandfather did a lot of business with the Nazis... isn't that interesting?

all aboard
poopship

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Delicious Bacon

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology