Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
How to deal with Anger.
    #6022030 -

" We human beings are Homo Hostilus, the hostile species, the enemy-making animal.
We are driven to fabricate an enemy as a scapegoat to bear the burden of our denied enmity."


-Sam Keen


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to deal with Anger. [Re: Icelander]
    #6022043 -

Hang on a minute! Are you calling ME, HOSTILE!  :mad2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to deal with Anger. [Re: Sinbad]
    #6022050 -

Yes! But with you I would say most of it is turned inward. :wink:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to deal with Anger. [Re: Icelander]
    #6022058 -

Yeah, thats not so far from the truth actually. :crazy:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to deal with Anger. [Re: Sinbad]
    #6022063 -

Sinbad said:
Hang on a minute! Are you calling ME, HOSTILE!  :mad2:



:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to deal with Anger. [Re: thatiAM]
    #6022935 -

Humans are:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to deal with Anger. [Re: Icelander]
    #6023145 -

i deal with anger in the following way: I throw a hissy fit.


--------------------
"A Bad Day for Pants"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to deal with Anger. [Re: IgnatiusJReilly]
    #6023240 -

Fuck this thread.  I hate threads like this; they're stupid, biased, ignorant, and they're what's wrong with the world.






:smirk:


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to deal with Anger. [Re: Icelander]
    #6023630 -

Remember that only your sense of importance can cause this waste of energy.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to deal with Anger. [Re: Icelander]
    #6024322 -

Me and my mum seem to be having angry arguments every few hours over the last couple of days. She is really clean and tidy and organized and hates how I live, she was cleaning out my old shit and sold all my Xbox games for £1.50 each ($2.50?). I was instantly furious but I have not played them for years and probably never would have again. She helps me out a lot with money and setting myself up and I need to show her more respect. I think it was just the price! those games set me back some coinage and I had some good times, oh Halo and Halo 2 how I miss thee. :rolleyes: In summary, anger bad! makes you look like an unreasonable dick.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to deal with Anger. [Re: Andy21]
    #6024512 -

Anger is not "bad". If anything the denial of anger is "bad".


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to deal with Anger. [Re: Icelander]
    #6024516 -

I know, but if you lose your temper everytime something pisses you off, some self control is a good thing.

Edited by Andy21 (09/03/06 10:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to deal with Anger. [Re: Icelander]
    #6024520 -

Homo Hostilus?

Ha Ha.

OK people make up enemies to hate because they don't want to deal with their enmity (whatever the fuck that means god that is a dumb word) all on their own. So what, sue me.

You know what pisses me off, smart ass writers who pen some shit about Homo Hostilus as if it is a new species and then use some fancy shmancy word like enmity that I don't use and don't know any one who does.

Well hey Sam I am not Keen on it. In fact, I am feeling enmity right now and you are the scapegoat.

Whew, I feel better already. Sigh...


--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Edited by LunarEclipse (09/03/06 10:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to deal with Anger. [Re: Icelander]
    #6024521 -

Making anger get bigger is bad, though sometimes I can't help myself and that's what I do, which is a pain in the ass of course.
But most of times, depending on the circumstance, I find a way to get rid of it without giving it back to the person who provoked it. Still, there are people who seem to only make me angry so there's obviously something wrong with the entire relationship, and to the ones I know they'd understand I just tell them them, to the others its better to just avoid them.
There are clearly so many other things that worth my times and energy then anger.


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to deal with Anger. [Re: Icelander]
    #6024524 -

Nice quote, and yes it is basically saying that mankind creates its own enemies out of nothing to make up for the anger were not "supposed" to have in our society. Somethin along those lines I beleive. Ide get more into it, but I just woke up, I need a cup of tea and a person to beat up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to deal with Anger. [Re: Irdamage]
    #6024531 -

I like to get jacked on coffee and go out and boot the first person I see on the street. Just walk up and kick them hard in the shin without warning. Yell Fucker at the same time casually stroll off as they lay there grasping at their leg.


--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to deal with Anger. [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6024532 -

Honest expression of anger toward the person who provoked it rarely turns to violence. Repressed anger boils and explodes. Honestly relating is key here.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to deal with Anger. [Re: Icelander]
    #6024619 -

Icelander said:
Honest expression of anger toward the person who provoked it rarely turns to violence. Repressed anger boils and explodes. Honestly relating is key here.



Try telling that to my ex! :lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to deal with Anger. [Re: Sinbad]
    #6024632 -

I can't do your job my man. :heart:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to deal with Anger. [Re: Icelander]
    #6024636 -

Nah, speaking to my ex is not an option anymore. Im the "enemy" in her eyes now.  :crazy:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* what angers you?
( 1 2 all )
Mitchnast 1,935 38 12/23/03 10:44 PM
by chief24
* anger and nontruth
( 1 2 all )
OldWoodSpecter 2,673 25 02/18/05 11:36 PM
by Swami
* Anger and Emotional Choice
( 1 2 all )
Swami 2,659 31 05/31/05 03:21 PM
by Alan Stone
* Philosophy of Cross-sex friendships
( 1 2 all )
MrBump 3,323 24 01/07/05 04:51 PM
by incubaby_421
* Anger makes me do stupid shit (or is it arrogance) Larrythescaryrex 1,320 13 09/23/02 10:36 AM
by CleverName
* The silliness of anger
( 1 2 all )
Swami 2,482 36 07/21/06 07:57 PM
by LiveByFreedom
* Spirituality and Anger
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Swami 6,104 104 10/09/09 09:17 PM
by falcon
* The nature of Anger. Larrythescaryrex 1,307 13 06/22/02 03:20 PM
by GRTUD

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,890 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 25 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.