Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Loc: coming down fast, miles a...
Survive the fear
    #598014 - 04/03/02 09:20 PM (22 years, 7 hours ago)

Has anyone out there intentionaly induced a bad trip. I think it would be so powerful to comedown having survived the worst imaginable fear. I mean if you are jewish lock yourself in a room with nothing but concentration camp footage stuff like that or join Learyfan on a catacomb tour. You get the idea a intentional mindfuck. I just ate 5 grams and I cant stop this Im going to see hell sort of thing. If you didnt permanently tramatize yourself it could be empowering, I mean after that your everyday fears would just seem silly. I dont have the balls for it right now but anyone with a interesting story along these lines please post.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSherlockDrubu
enthusiast
Re: Survive the fear [Re: Chemical_Smile]
    #598043 - 04/03/02 09:58 PM (22 years, 6 hours ago)

How about the fear of me creeping up on you with an axe.... Just watch the shadows homie. YOU O.V.

OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Re: Survive the fear [Re: SherlockDrubu]
    #598046 - 04/03/02 10:02 PM (22 years, 6 hours ago)

You would take half a clip before you even got in the door. Now lets get back on topic.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#598138 - 04/03/02 11:35 PM (22 years, 4 hours ago)

I'm not sure if it is possible to scare yourself if you hasve to set it up beforehand. I think it would be a bad idea cause the fear is real and not fun. I think it speaks larger volumes having a good trip on a high dosage. I think after reading my post I said I think alot...I think.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflinePsyFlux
enthusiast

#598300 - 04/04/02 04:39 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Think I'm gonna try it sometime.
But I'm still not sure what I'm afraid of actually. Never had a really bad trip, so I've never been confronted with my fears. And so I wouldn't really know what to do to cause a really bad trip.

The only thing that seems to come back at the beginning of every trip is: why am I doing this, I should be working right now. Got so many things to do and instead I'm fucking around with drugs. Or: am I abusing these sacred drugs for my pleasure? Are they really helping me, or am I just using them for escaping my problems?

But the moment they really start to kick in, I forget everything. Life is good again, I got no troubles anymore. I'm so happy I can cry... I enjoy life again, feel like I've awakened again. Really can't think of anything that could turn that into a bad thing.

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Survive the fear [Re: PsyFlux]
    #598310 - 04/04/02 05:17 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

i watched event horizon the other night tripping, not to induce a bad trip but to sort of desensitise my mind a little and to see what happened, it wasnt bad. Thats pretty tame i guess though.

I think if you know what the negative factors are going to be, then its harder for it to really induce a bad trip. If your expecting the shock or un easy feelings, then they wont hit as hard. Thats why a true bad trip is something unexpected, or comes from within the mind.

I think the best way to have a bad trip would be to surround yourself with un predictable situations that you cant control and make you unconfrotable.

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

OfflineNextGenHippie
enthusiast
Loc: MD, USA
    #598638 - 04/04/02 12:56 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

not a good idea, IMHO.

--------------------
[pot]Think left and think right[pot]
[pot]and think low and think high[pot]
[pot]Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try[pot]
-Dr. Seuss

OfflineAnagathka

Loc: Canaduh
    #600573 - 04/06/02 01:26 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Although I have never induced a bad trip on purpose, before I would be able to feel myself dropping into one, rapidly moving my eyes away from objects that I could see, or possibly see morphing into somthing which could send me on a bad trip. Not only objects, but thoughts as well, I would quickly start thinking about somthing else as fast as I could. After awhile I started confronting those rouge thoughts, it was a very hard skill to aquire, and took quite a few trips to realize it. I usually high dose, so the only thing I fear in trips anymore is the possibilty of hurting myself or someone else in a ego-loss or near ego-loss state where self control becomes obsolete. When you can hear autonomious (SP?) voices telling you to kill, I think that is pure fear, the fear that it would be possible for you to do something very harmful to someone, whilst not in control of yourself, yet concious of yourself.

The tool of self-control I have taught and imbedded in my mind is the thought/saying "As long as you don't move, and remain still, you can't hurt yourself or others". Although I will somtimes spend an hour or two completly still during a trip, it is still very much easier on the mind.

OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
Re: Survive the fear [Re: Anagathka]
    #600637 - 04/06/02 03:09 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I tripped at school once, and I saw alot of things like fighting in Vietnam and reading a concentration camp story. Thing is, it didn't induce a bad trip in the least. So I guess I have a pretty high resistance to the fear.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Survive the fear [Re: GringoLoco]
    #600707 - 04/06/02 05:00 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

having had quite a share of bad trips I've survived, I couldn't imagine how anybody in their right mind would want to go through them intentionally. However, when the comedown happens, you will feel a sort of "Wow I survived that" type deal but unfortunately that will dissipate by the next day. All normal fears in everyday life are still there.

And for me, on my absolute worst trip of my life, I dosed a 1/4 between a friend and I and story cut short, for 2 months after I was still somewhat traumatized by how far gone I was into hell that night and i couldn't bear to be in my room for any length of time -- it felt so alien and hostile to me. This went away, but it was NOT worth it at all.

I dunno, just my 2 cents

OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Re: Survive the fear [Re: HB]
    #600862 - 04/06/02 09:24 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I have noticed that the euphoria I feel tripping is incomprehensible to my sober mind. Is a bad trip the same way, like you cant imagine that level of fear with a sound mind? That would diminish the wow I survived effect. I am currious about those first few minuits when your mind starts to slip. What would they be like when you know things are about to get realy rough? I am drunk and rambling but it is my fucking thread so I can do as I please.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#600884 - 04/06/02 09:47 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

When you have really bad trips, you FORGET what a sound mind is so you can't really compare it. You forget you ever had a life before, or will ever have a life after -- the bad trip is your whole life.

When you know things are about to get really rough you just kinda sit in fear and delude yourself that it will be a good trip -- that's how it is with me at least, but in the back of my mind I know it's gonna be horribly rough.

OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Re: Survive the fear [Re: HB]
    #600885 - 04/06/02 09:49 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Once again rambling , but I wonder if I could have the balls to focus on a thought I saw going bad. I can be pretty self destructive at times but I dont know if I could do it.

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
    #600962 - 04/06/02 11:15 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, it can be as unimaginably horrible as it can be unimaginably beautiful. As Blue said, the worst thing about bad trips is the post-trip scarring. Every trip you have after it you will never be able to rest easy and enjoy it because you'll always have the bad trip in the back (or front) of your mind. Consider yourself lucky to have never had a bad trip because right now its so hard for you to actually have one. Once your mind has been deflowered its a *lot* easier for it to happen again.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3167770 - 09/22/04 11:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

After I went to my own psychedelic hell I no longer feared death. At least I didn't feel that I feared death anymore. That feeling did fade but, the post trip feeling can last up to a couple of months. That is one of the better effects of a great trip in my opinion. The high you are on all the time, it can feel great. On the other hand, if you have a really bad experience then it can leave you feeling depressed. But most people confuse an intense experience with a bad experience. Just because it was fucking intense doesn't mean it is bad. Truly bad experienes do happen, but much less often then people get in over their heads by taking too much before they are ready. To study your own mind and drugs, you need to be fairly trained in a number of real life skills and different types of science help too. Everything you know is brought before you in a trip, and the more you know the more mind blowing is the experience. Its not hard to survive the fear, just be yourself. And you will have an intense trip if you keep munching five grams. Be lucky you haven't been getting some potent ass mushrooms, five grams would blow you outta the water, that is if they were real potent.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder