Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
anyone here ever relase your music?
    #5920726 -

Just wondering if anyone here has ever copyrighted & released music?

I'm writing and making songs with a friend they're coming out good. How would I go about copyrighting the content? I hear releasing them into stores is hard because of the distribution companies.....dunno how true this is.......

I even thought about making a myspace w/ my music, then requesting everyone to be my friend with that auto program I made....then I can direct them into my site which will sell my album...think this would work at all? also post my music in forums, etc.


--------------------
I don't do drugs....I am drugs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone here ever relase your music? [Re: PriitK]
    #5920736 -

unless you're making something completely ground breaking... it's no use.

you could have a million friends on myspace, none will buy the album. play local shows, sell cd's there..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone here ever relase your music? [Re: king_cobra]
    #5920763 -

I'm just a simple farm boy from Nebraska--what would a Big City record label like that want with me?


--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone here ever relase your music? [Re: king_cobra]
    #5920775 -

king_cobra said:
unless you're making something completely ground breaking... it's no use.

you could have a million friends on myspace, none will buy the album. play local shows, sell cd's there..



Eh thats kind of true and isn't at the same time.

You never know what is going to be a hit. Ever. Thousands of hits we love today people were ready to toss in the garbage or was just some shit they made in a few seconds.

1) Grace Slick - "White Rabbit" - Bitch was just trippin and wrote some crap.
2) Robert Plant - "Stairway to Heaven" - Never thought it was his best work and didn't see why it was a big deal.
3) Stevie Wonder/John Lennon - Almost everything they ever wrote was in a few minutes and they often didn't think ti was that "ground breaking"


--------------------
"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

~Martin Luther King Jr.~

<passitbobbie> if I just showed you a closeup of my ass
<passitbobbie> youd think it was female

"You owe errrbody up in here an apology fow youwe shit, HO!" - classic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone here ever relase your music? [Re: GnuBobo]
    #5920777 -

:blowjob:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone here ever relase your music? [Re: king_cobra]
    #5920780 -

You just found that and wanted to use it somehow eh? :P


--------------------
"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

~Martin Luther King Jr.~

<passitbobbie> if I just showed you a closeup of my ass
<passitbobbie> youd think it was female

"You owe errrbody up in here an apology fow youwe shit, HO!" - classic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone here ever relase your music? [Re: Afroshroomerican]
    #5920798 -

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

king_cobra said:
unless you're making something completely ground breaking... it's no use.

you could have a million friends on myspace, none will buy the album. play local shows, sell cd's there..


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


and look at the stuff On MTV. that isnt groundbreaking, just people copying eachother LOL


--------------------
I don't do drugs....I am drugs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone here ever relase your music? [Re: Afroshroomerican]
    #5920807 -

no, i used it in reference to gnubobo's post. a record label isn't going to recruit someone who they think is "good", they are going to recruit someone who they think they can make a shitload of money off of. then they can dump the band like the piece of shit that they are.

the music industry is a fucked up place, if you want to make it, i suggest a DIY approach.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone here ever relase your music? [Re: PriitK]
    #5920808 -

well, I will try and release it anyway I can since I do have tons of money.....I know someone that knows alot of famous singers I will have to contact him, worth a try.

and even if It's on my website or some other websites for sale, thats better then nothin. atleast I can have a following of fans if they like it.

but how much does copyrighting cost?


--------------------
I don't do drugs....I am drugs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone here ever relase your music? [Re: PriitK]
    #5920811 -

and yeah what I make is pretty unique, and I think people will enjoy it. even I do, when I play my music for friends there like 'wtf thats you?!?!' so atleast I got 100% good feedback so far


--------------------
I don't do drugs....I am drugs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone here ever relase your music? [Re: PriitK]
    #5920812 -

thats because music is my soul, I use music for a way of life, it can control your emotions from song to song......and thats why I love to create music


--------------------
I don't do drugs....I am drugs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone here ever relase your music? [Re: PriitK]
    #5920836 -

Yeah

I have to agree with King on that.

The music industry is NOT about talent anymore.  At all.  This isnt the 50s-70s where an artist had to be able to SING/Write in order to make it.  It's about the beats and how catchy it is.

All about money now. Even if you do have talent.  Are you marketable?  Can you sing in a really high pitched voice? Do you mind having an angular haircut and writing about how sad your life is because some bitch won't kiss you?

That's what's selling today in the male realm.. or u can be a rapper and rap about how you're the toughest nigga on the planet for 12 tracks of your CD.  :rolleyes:


--------------------
"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

~Martin Luther King Jr.~

<passitbobbie> if I just showed you a closeup of my ass
<passitbobbie> youd think it was female

"You owe errrbody up in here an apology fow youwe shit, HO!" - classic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone here ever relase your music? [Re: PriitK]
    #5920892 -

ever posted some of your stuff in the music arts and literature forum we have here on the shroomery? I want to hear it :cool:

I'm thinking of releasing some tracks some day too, maybe even an album, but that's going to take time and practice.

Best you can do is contact some small local music labels, you have the best chance with something like that :thumbup:





now I need coffee :goodmorning:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* MUSIC??? ROLLIN ball 2,307 11 11/13/02 10:36 PM
by Phluck
* Downloading music and movies illegally...
( 1 2 all )
MrPink 6,186 34 04/05/04 10:55 AM
by OJK
* Abbie Hoffman album (mp3s)
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 3,661 22 09/27/04 08:57 PM
by Learyfan
* Alan Watts - "This Is IT!" (album) LearyfanS 2,768 13 04/05/05 12:15 PM
by Learyfan
* best psychedelic albums? NiGGy 3,494 19 04/29/03 12:40 PM
by gnrm23
* Check Out My Record Collection! (Pic & List of Albums...) RebelSteve33 2,703 9 05/20/03 05:16 PM
by RebelSteve33
* need some music >>> Freeker 692 5 03/02/05 08:27 PM
by Adom
* The New APC album WildCardsRevenge 903 10 10/26/04 08:49 AM
by Locus

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,093 topic views. 7 members, 19 guests and 133 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.