Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Hello, my name is Nick and I'm an alcoholic
    #5588682 -

Well, I just completed the first step with that title. hehe.

But seriously, I think my drinking has gotten way out of hand in the past 18 months. I really think moving to an isolated, northern drilling town had something to do with it, but nonetheless, I'm back in my hometown and I drink everyday.

I never used to be like this. I remember a time being all about the "enlightenment" of psychedelics, choosing not to drink often. I've done a complete 180 with my habits and substance use and now so has my personality.

I'm becoming one of the people I used to find QUITE distasteful 2 years ago. I have to fix the problem. There's no need to be getting absoulutely WASTED twice every week and drinking moderately any other day of the week.

None of my friends take me seriously when I talk about quitting. I just kind of wanted to voice it out here.

Anyone else drink a little to much...or did, at one point?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hello, my name is Nick and I'm an alcoholic [Re: Spooge]
    #5588689 -

Back when I was drinking to much I never felt it was an a addiction; just a cumpulsion. It was like I was going to miss out on something if I didnt drink.

It might sounfd trite but you just have to take it one day at a time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hello, my name is Nick and I'm an alcoholic [Re: Spooge]
    #5588722 -

Hi Nick,

Welcome to the club. Alcoholism runs in my family. I was pretty much destined to be one.. I am too... coincidence!?


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hello, my name is Nick and I'm an alcoholic [Re: eris]
    #5588745 -

I think it's more of an influence.  I truly don't believe alcholism is a disease or anything.  But almost everyone on my dad's side is referred to as a serious alcoholic, my father included.  My father's sister is in the roughest shape....lost husband, kids, job...now on tons of anti-depressants, but still hasn't kicked the habit.  Pretty lethal combo if you ask me.

I have to put responsibility on me and me only.  I'm not depressed when I drink.  I enjoy drinking all the time because, like buddy above, I feel like I'm missing out on something if I"m not getting drunk first.  But that statement is, in itself, depressing  :wink:

I want to be able to show myself I have what it takes to stop.  But easier said then done hey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hello, my name is Nick and I'm an alcoholic [Re: Spooge]
    #5588754 -

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:


--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hello, my name is Nick and I'm an alcoholic [Re: TheDude]
    #5588764 -

hehe sadly, if I didn't drop and break my 2/6 last night, I would be indulging.  :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hello, my name is Nick and I'm an alcoholic [Re: Spooge]
    #5588765 -

:nono:


--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hello, my name is Nick and I'm an alcoholic [Re: Spooge]
    #5588770 -

I drink atleast a few beers a night, I dont drink hard stuff very often because I get too drunk and tend to drink more then I wanted to.
I can go without, I just like my beer...I used to drink a lot heavier years ago, along with weed, cocaine, sometimes meth, sometimes crack. But I am mellow now, I think getting tested for drugs helps me in a way. I havent smoked pot for over 8 months, cocaine has been over a year and a half since I touched it. I havent even done shrooms since november of last year.
Just slowly cut down if you feel that you have a problem, stopping cold turkey is too hard when you are used to drinking all the time.
But talk with people that have the same problem as you, and it will help out a lot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hello, my name is Nick and I'm an alcoholic [Re: TheDude]
    #5588772 -

hehe give me some credit....I got some orange juice and vodka a couple feet away, but I'm not. I already drank 7 beer in the sun today...I'm tired and not really ready to drink, what I consider to be, the worst alcohol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hello, my name is Nick and I'm an alcoholic [Re: Spooge]
    #5588773 -

I think having so many family members that are alcoholics helps one hold their liquor better and out drink most..
It's up to the individual person to drink in the first place.
I doubt anything hereditary makes one more likely to drink...
Someone that has a family history just seems to fit into it better..

:shrug:

Even when I first started drinking, it felt natural.

I'm even having a hard time expressing exactly what I mean. Must be a side effect of all of the alcohol. :chugbeer:


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hello, my name is Nick and I'm an alcoholic [Re: eris]
    #5588779 -

Hi Nick, Booze is a baaaad one. Ew. :frown:

What about pot? Will that do it for ya? :shrug:

I guess moving from one addiction to another isn't good but you can control yourself on pot.


--------------------
:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hello, my name is Nick and I'm an alcoholic [Re: Spooge]
    #5588787 -

Meth, heroin, alcohol, tobacco are all very bad...well cocaine is too. So I dont think alcohol is the worst.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hello, my name is Nick and I'm an alcoholic [Re: Spooge]
    #5588788 -

plenty of similar threads for you to read in this shroomery forum. here's a link
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/support

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hello, my name is Nick and I'm an alcoholic [Re: stefan]
    #5588829 -

Could a mod please move this to the appopriate forum?

Yeah, I guess that's true about holding your liqour eris. I'm a small guy but outdrink a lot of people.

And yea, I've already had 5+ everyday pot habit I've wanted to kick, several times.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hello, my name is Nick and I'm an alcoholic [Re: Spooge]
    #5588846 -

I miss the 4 bowl a day pot habit myself, weed is only bad if you smoke a ounce a day and shit like that. I f I still smoked weed I would only get high 2 days a week, that way I got a lot more higher when I smoked.
When I used to smoke everyday, I never got as high as if I only smoked off and on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hello, my name is Nick and I'm an alcoholic [Re: Skunk420]
    #5588859 -

I have a weird way of toking.  The days of smoking a quarter to my head are long gone.  And ever since the night I had a horrible panic attack(first for me...I didn't even know what a fucking panic attack was)...I HAD to cut down.  I stopped for a month straight and then started back up.  Now I keep the buzz going.  Like, I'll step out and have 2-3 big tokes....probably almost every 45min-hour, all day every day, till I fall asleep.

When I'm drinking I'll smoke more.  But yea, I'm always on that edge of uncomfortably "too stoned" all day.  It can't be healthy.  Through in the alcohol and incredible amounts of fast food and pop(mmm rye and cokes) and you got one unhealthy person.  :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hello, my name is Nick and I'm an alcoholic [Re: Spooge]
    #5588872 -

I smoke more weed and cigarettes when I drink...but at the same time when I smoke weed I dont drink as much when I drink because I am so high on weed..
Ask someone that can help you, that is more hardcore..I have never been really hardcore of anything, if I was I most likely would be in jail or dead, at my age.

Edited by skunk78395 (05/04/06 03:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* MY DAUGHTER AMBER, & NICK...LIFE OR DEATH
( 1 2 all )
motheradvice 4,541 26 06/28/04 11:29 PM
by Caden
* Xanax & Alcohol Anonymous 2,996 13 01/19/08 12:56 PM
by canid
* Alcohol withdrawal and psychosis question *DELETED* Chemy 1,955 11 11/09/07 02:11 PM
by Quake3
* anyone else suffering from alcoholism?
( 1 2 3 all )
nethrill 8,039 44 10/08/17 05:26 AM
by The_Newt
* liquor is a horrible form of alcohol TameMe 1,977 19 11/03/05 01:35 PM
by daimyo
* any alcoholics in the house? nethrill 1,717 7 02/20/04 04:31 PM
by TODAY
* How does alcohol affect the brain ?? Mike_yy 2,824 6 01/18/07 10:49 PM
by Schwip
* My alcoholic dad is now addicted to crack... jonathanseagull 4,197 11 06/09/13 05:59 PM
by ShamenWarrior

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
1,426 topic views. 0 members, 16 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.