Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinenethrill
passerby
anyone else suffering from alcoholism?
    #2719616 - 05/23/04 08:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well i'm not a kid anymore,i used to be an all aournd deadhead kind of guy who liked to trip and smoke the herb....go to shows etc.I always used alcohol and would sometimes drink a little too much but now i guess i've turned into a full blown alki.i drink everyday and it is my drug of choice.but it has caused servere problems in my life and can't seem to stop.due to my frequent use i've lost interest and motivation in most things and just seem to want to crawl into the warm womb of it's sedative effects as often as possible.i think i definitely have dpression issues associoated with it,just wish i could rid myself of it.any others going through this as well?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: anyone else suffering from alcoholism? [Re: nethrill]
    #2721325 - 05/24/04 03:17 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

No, but I have. I was prescribed naltrexone and saw a psychiatrist. I have been sober for just over two years.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2723898 - 05/24/04 06:41 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, i am a drunk of-sorts.

I either drink every night
-or-
I drink none at all, no nights.

No inbetween for the ggreatone.

:grin:

I've been drunk for months now, beer, every night dood.

It's either all or nothing.  :grin:

:mad2:

:heart: :beer:

Anonymous #1

Re: anyone else suffering from alcoholism? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2724093 - 05/24/04 07:37 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I drink two to three drinks a night. Wensdays I got shoot pool at the bar. Fridfays and saterdays I dont have a couple I have a six pack. So in some peoples eyes I am an alchoholic.

OfflineGuch
Stranger

#2726632 - 05/25/04 08:04 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm 24 and chug down a sixer of tall cans about every other night. I'll be the first to admit when I'm sittin' alone on the computer on a Tuesday night and the buzz just doesn't cut it, it's pretty goddamn pathetic driving 5 miles into town just to pick up some booze to round it off. Drunk on the roads, wheels in both lanes...howling along to a doobie brothers song on the radio like a retarded coyote. Half the time I forget how much I actually SPEND on that shit and kick myself in the ass later.

I think it IS possible to quit without help, just gotta change certain aspects of your life so that it's no longer a necessity. Easier said than done, I know. Like all shit you try to quit, you have a bad day and end up saying "FUCK IT!" and buy even more than you ever did before...

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#2727248 - 05/25/04 12:40 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm definately an alcoholic. I drink wine for christ's sake to get drunk. Been drinking a lot of Irish Whiskey and tequilla a lot lately.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#2727402 - 05/25/04 01:26 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

How much do you drink? I weighed about 180 lbs (82 kg) and drank about 1 liter (33 shots) of 40% (80 proof) liquor every night I think I was drinking 26 ounces (750mL) of 40% per day before I finally went to a doctor. The medication worked wonders and I didn't have any side effects from it.

OfflineStrongBad
pharm lover
    #2729145 - 05/25/04 08:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I woudn't exactly say I'm "suffering".....

:grin:    :rolleyes:

OfflineStrongBad
pharm lover
Re: anyone else suffering from alcoholism? [Re: StrongBad]
    #2729152 - 05/25/04 08:26 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

whoa, wait.... one liter of 80 proof every night? God damn son! I can't even drink 6oz without getting shitfaced.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: anyone else suffering from alcoholism? [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2729465 - 05/25/04 09:40 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

That's pretty fucking crazy Phencyclidine. I drink mainly vodka, sometimes rum or whiskey, but I wouldn't call myself an alcoholic, as I don't feel bad about it and don't see a pattern developing, but I see how easy it could be to slip into drinking every night or so. Maybe you could try smoking bud instead of drinking, every time you want to get drunk just smoke a bowl instead, but if the alcoholism has gotten you physically addicted that's going to be easier said than done and you may just want to stop all alcohol consumption less you go too far. There's been countless lives ruined by alcohol, it's an easy drug to slip into as it's legal, relatively cheap and fun. If you think you have a problem then you should reexamine your situation

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: anyone else suffering from alcoholism? [Re: Ravus]
    #2730020 - 05/25/04 11:35 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Read back a few posts :wink:  I have been sober for 2 years.

Yes, it was no joke.  I was 19 at the time and suicidal.  It lasted about two years.  I looked for treatment and the large addiction center here hooked me up with a psychiatrist who prescribed me naltrexone, which helped a lot.

Other psychoactive drugs didn't solve anything.  I was generally one substance to another or just one substance hardcore.

StrongBad, if I hadn't drank in a long time my tolerance went down to normal (6 to 8 shots getting me drunk).

What happened to the original poster here?  I certainly think my experiences could be of some help.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2730150 - 05/25/04 11:57 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, I read that you're off the boozes, I was replying to the starter of the thread at the end of my post. Sorry for the confusion, but it's good that you're off the boozes. How were the withdrawals from it? I've heard nothing but good things about Delerium Tremens  :smirk:

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinenethrill
passerby
    #2731153 - 05/26/04 07:26 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well i wished i liked to just smoke herb,i kinda grew out of it,i just don't enjoy it anymore....makes me too inhibited.booze though a horrible trade off makes me much more social,and takes me on a ride of sorts..i'm much more adventurous while have some beers going than i would be stoned.especially when it comes to women,i totally rely on it in that department.but the downsides way out weigh the good.i've lost about everything to the drinking lifestyle,i literally am half the man i used to be.i don't want to work anymore,have lost interest in most things,i'm always broke...diminished my reputation...ruined relationships,legal issues etc.yet i still drink...why i don't know

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: anyone else suffering from alcoholism? [Re: Ravus]
    #2731378 - 05/26/04 09:49 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
How were the withdrawals from it?

From the point of drinking a liter every day, I don't remember. That was also at the same time that I used the most DXM ever in my whole life, so I was generally intoxicated all the time.

Later periods of 26 ounces a day weren't too bad. I generally tapered down to 400mL (13 ounces) a day. I don't recall hallucinations or anything. I remember feeling a lot of anxiety. It was terrible.

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#2731391 - 05/26/04 09:54 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The only advice I can give is go to a doctor. I don't know if you live in a place where substance abuse treatment would be free or not (for me it was all free), but go to a doctor if you can. For me, 'talking therapy' didn't seem to do anything but medication worked wonders. I used naltrexone, which allows you to still get drunk but you don't get an alcohol "buzz," so the motivation to drink isn't there. Apparently, disulfiram (sic? AKA Antabuse) is used in more severe cases.

Well, of course, the best advice I can give is to stop drinking. It took me about 3 months until my emotions started to feel more stable and about 6 months before I started to "feel like me, again." Now, two years later, I can go to a party or a bar and not even be tempted to drink. It was worth it for me and it improved my life. If you know that quitting drinking is the best thing for you, then hopefully you'll take whatever steps are necessary and finally quit.

Offlinejohnstanton
homoepath
Male
    #5583254 - 05/02/06 11:22 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

here you go--stop the alcohol--drink all the quality milk you can//make it drink of preferance=willneed force yopurself--but will notice cravings start to leave-will also need start using probiotic and b vitamins--b12 particular---alcohol,depletes it,,,beside the will to do it---good quality fod--nO SWEETS....

--------------------
homoeopathic practitiner..

"seek only the truth ...as an unbiased observor"

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #5584288 - 05/03/06 02:21 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

i guess you could say i used to be an alcoholic. i would drink every other day and it kept getting me into all kinda of stupid crazy shit. i knew that i had to slow down on it, but i couldnt. it got me into fights, problems with friends, even started effecting my school work and my day job... but if i went past that two day mark then my body would be yearning for it...

eventually it made me crash my motorcycle...

that was the last thing i needed to really motivate me. i havent had a drink since. if someone realyl wants to stop, they can. its not easy, but its not that hard either. if you want it.

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Offlinebeltane
Stranger
Re: anyone else suffering from alcoholism? [Re: eligal]
    #5585632 - 05/03/06 02:37 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I would consider myself a hardcore drinker, I drink any opportunity i can, but luckily factors like money stop me from doing so too often. I use to smoke weed everyday but had to quit cause i thought i was going insane.... thats when the drinking got bad.

I know alot of alcoholics (runs in my fam) so i am very aware of the fact that i am developing a problem. I can never just seem to have a few beers, i need to get absolutely shitfaced....but at the moment i have no intention to nip this thing in the ass, im young and having too much fun to stop...ive already given up alot..weed,shrooms,acid etc. Ill deal with this when it becomes an issue, right now it fits in with my lifestyle nicely

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Re: anyone else suffering from alcoholism? [Re: eligal]
    #5585723 - 05/03/06 02:58 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

eligal said:

I was going to stay out of this one, because I felt you all needed to have your AA , pat on the back, bumper sticker philosophy meeting..... but this..... just WOW'd me.

IT.....MADE YOU..... CRASH.

This entire thread has gone on vilanizing and laying blame on external (non-existent) things.
"I drink a lot because I am genetically predisposed to enjoying alcohol more than other people"....
People drink, often times they drink a lot, and they like the way it feels. You aren't helpless to "IT". See how it helps in these types of things where no real blame can settle, like "THEY" and "IT".

You wrecked your motorcycle, YOU wrecked your life, YOU are not a victim of genetics or circumstance, YOU are a victim of yourself. It is not helpful nor constructive to sit around figuring out ways to weasle out of responsibility for your own actions.

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: anyone else suffering from alcoholism? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #5586929 - 05/03/06 07:58 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

psilocyberin said:
Quote:

eligal said:

I was going to stay out of this one, because I felt you all needed to have your AA , pat on the back, bumper sticker philosophy meeting..... but this..... just WOW'd me.

IT.....MADE YOU..... CRASH.

This entire thread has gone on vilanizing and laying blame on external (non-existent) things.
"I drink a lot because I am genetically predisposed to enjoying alcohol more than other people"....
People drink, often times they drink a lot, and they like the way it feels. You aren't helpless to "IT". See how it helps in these types of things where no real blame can settle, like "THEY" and "IT".

You wrecked your motorcycle, YOU wrecked your life, YOU are not a victim of genetics or circumstance, YOU are a victim of yourself. It is not helpful nor constructive to sit around figuring out ways to weasle out of responsibility for your own actions.

when i said it made me i was reffering to my acohol addiction you retard... its isolting a part of who we are  :thumbup:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being