Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinenethrill
passerby
any alcoholics in the house?
    #2351484 - 02/18/04 05:17 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I declare myself to be one,and not happy about it.i'd like to quit this drinking lifestyle...but have tried so many times i've almost given up.any others suffering the same affliction?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: any alcoholics in the house? [Re: nethrill]
    #2352130 - 02/18/04 08:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yea im a boozehound. its difficult to stop but if you really want to you can. its all in the determination!

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2352447 - 02/18/04 09:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe you should just try to smoke bud for a while. Just buds, no booze-drinkys.

Anonymous #1

#2352954 - 02/19/04 12:51 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

naw, im a drunk. alcoholics gotta go to them god damn meetings

InvisibleBillyGrass

#2353835 - 02/19/04 07:11 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I would tell you guyz to take some heavy LSD and/or shroom trips, but I tried that recipe on my alcoholic roomate, and it didn't work. Something was missing. He always concentrates on the novelty parts of the trip, the colors and wabbles and blah blah, instead of truly going introspective.

Be honest with yourself. Quitting alcohol is not about determination. It's about your ego. If you subscribe to certain beliefs about yourself without first doing some digging, you could be walking on a mine field. Learn to be an observer. Silence all your thoughts for a few minutes everyday. It helps bring memories up to the surface. You may find there are alot of issues from your past that never got dealt with. It's like tilling the soil. Or giving your cat fresh water.

rock on,
BillyGrass

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #2357766 - 02/20/04 01:35 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was a hardcore alchy for a long time. When i quit, i had some serious withdrawl symptoms. I just not too long ago quit all drugs and i feel awesome. I'm the person to talk to if you need help.

If you seriously want to quit and don't think you have the will power you need to make some drastic changes. I had to move to a different state back in with my parents but avoided rehab. PM me if you have any questions!

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
    #2357817 - 02/20/04 01:51 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I am an alcoholic. But then again I feel that everybody who has drank is an alcholic to some degree.. The only bad thing drinking has caused is embarrasment, hangovers, and overall lasting shitty mood. But then again I'm still pretty young...

I have trouble stopping- as in i drink till either me or the booze is gone..

I stopped for a few months recently(actually the last 6 or so, but only about 3 with no booze at all) and really noticed an overall mood elevation. I drank several times in the last few weeks and can say that I'm basically back to depressed.

My trouble is I have basically no friends that don't drink, and I always get nostalgic about when I used to drink...

I really think its a matter moving on. Some people never do. I'd really like to find a mate and just chill, get away from the 'party' life. Partying starts to suck.

But when it comes down to it you can't really set conditions on stuff like this, you just have to do it...

Good luck to you.

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #2359840 - 02/20/04 02:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i am a boozehound. i have some boozehound friends as well so it doesn't help much when i hang out w/ them. i usually have good times, i just drink too much when i drink...pretty much every time i drink. i'm trying to go for just the social buzz, instead of the belligerent fight starter and shit talker.

i don't remember a weekend that i haven't drank in about a year. i always look forward to thursday, friday, and saturday nights because i know i'll be boozed for at least one but usually a couple or all three of them.

my problem is that i'm not a very overtly social person and it really helps to be drunk at parties for talking to strangers/girls. i can't really bring myself to strike up a conversation with a girl i don't know if i'm not wasted...its too bad but that's how i am.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag