Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
San pedro and coleus
    #5522474 -

Hey everyone.I went to Lowes today to pickup some potting soil.I ended up buying seeds,peat moss and a couple plants while I was there.

I rescued these two san pedros.They were planted togother in the same small pot.One of them was rooted and the other one wasnt.I took the rooted one and sliced off about 1 half inch of material from the bottom of the cactus in same angle as the original cut was made.

I am gonna let it calous over then add some rooting hormone(is this is good idea?)then plant it.







Here is the one that was rooted.I replanted it in a larger pot.It was a few inches shorter than the unrooted cutting,but it was allot larger around.





There is a damaged spot on part of the rooted cactus,I took a picture.Can anyone tell me what I need to do about this?Leave it alone?



Here are a couple of coleus I bought.They said they were golden wizard coleus.Does anyone know the scientific name for this?Does this type of coleus have any medicinal,entheogenic or culinary uses?





I also bought a lambs ear.I Have always liked these herbs.Here is a picture after I transplanted it.


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San pedro and coleus [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #5522486 -

everyone is getting lucky today lol


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San pedro and coleus [Re: Banez]
    #5522506 -

Does anyone think it will harm the cactus in anyway to keep them plastic pots instead of clay for a few months?


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San pedro and coleus [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #5522610 -

Plastic wroks fine..... just take it easy on the water.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San pedro and coleus [Re: Banez]
    #5522892 -

Is it just the picture, or is that a four spined San Pedro ?
If so you are a very lucky person as they are the rarest San Pedro you could possibly obtain. Each spine representing each of the four winds.
Congratulations, either way, as the growing/care of these sacred cacti is a truly spiritual endeavour :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San pedro and coleus [Re: Hoodz]
    #5522965 -

umh, you mean 4 ribbed? Looks like it has more than 4 spines per areole...


--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San pedro and coleus [Re: whatever123]
    #5523013 -

It has 5 ribs.

Do I cut the unrooted cactus in the right place?Is it suppose to be cut or planted at the areole?

How about the damaged part?


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San pedro and coleus [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #5523095 -

cactus are very hardy, your cut looks fine, you used a clean knife right? If so, then you really have nothing to worry about, i would plant it 4 or so inches deep.....looks good, nice find...

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San pedro and coleus [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #5523715 -

Pretty cool collection - how is the climate in your area? Good for cactus and succulent growth?


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San pedro and coleus [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #5524125 -

I'm no expert at IDing but I suspect the rooted one isn't a San Pedro. Certainly the unrooted one is a Pero tho.

I say this because look how in the second pic the cacti is bulbous in the middle. You'll notice in the first pic this isn't the case.

Nice specimins though.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San pedro and coleus [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #5524402 -

You bought a lambs ear? They grow wild here.


--------------------



[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San pedro and coleus [Re: Psychoslut]
    #5525333 -

dont forget to let the cut callus over before ya plant it!

here's a pic of a recent find i got at Lowe's.



it's a Trichocereus huascha cristate!

nice find on the coleus, finding non-pigmented ones are rare, but lucky for me i started 5 from seeds and 2 arent showing pigments on any of its 4 sets of true leaves. seeds were from one of those "rainbow mixes" packets that has a mix of different strains of Coleus blumei.

if ya wanna trade some cuttings pm me!
i have cuttings from this mother plant for trade.



looks like its been a good week for coleus and cacti finds!
gotta love spring!

Edited by BlimeyGrimey (04/17/06 02:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San pedro and coleus [Re: whatever123]
    #5526343 -

Thanks for the correction, my mind was elsewhere at the time, ribs it is. :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San pedro and coleus [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #5526370 -

PM sent.

The san pedro was the only cactus they had.Besides a bunch of tiny ones on a seperate rack.They also had 2 large succulents.

I want to go to wal mart and see what they have as well.

I have a bunch of seeds started of various plants,and I have a shit ton of seedlings of various plants as well.

How can I tell the difference between d.inoxia and d.metel after they have received their second true leaves?



MY heimia died so i started some more.


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San pedro and coleus [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #5526387 -

I just found out my coleus is Solenostemon scutellarioides,not coleus blumei.

Does anyone know anything about this species?Medicinal,entheogenic or edible value?


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San pedro and coleus [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #5528340 -

just a note for people who read this thread, Solenostemon scutellarioides is a synonym for Coleus blumei. they're one in the same.

also there are MANY varieties of blumei.
here's some pics of diff types of blumei's.






^this is a var. called "Fireworks" with an odd leaf shape.


^ this is the wizard gold you obtained i believe.

and a great site for finding different coleus varieties.
Coleus Finder

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San pedro and coleus [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #5529539 -

Thanks for clearing that up in the PM you sent.

Lowes had a few different types of coleus to choose from.

Very cheap to.I paid $1.67 for the 6 coleus I posted a picture of.


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* eating a san pedro *DELETED* diablo33180 1,737 16 12/09/04 11:02 AM
by rockstafarian
* Characteristics of San Pedro *DELETED* xurzax 2,859 2 09/25/05 05:21 AM
by darkice
* A SAN PEDRO SEED SPROUTED :D T0aD 2,481 17 02/05/03 12:54 AM
by SalviaEngland
* Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
mjshroomer 72,703 140 09/15/16 03:31 AM
by Mostly_Harmless
* WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
mjshroomer 31,448 84 09/25/07 03:09 AM
by Nalim
* Growing San Pedro Deaf 72,705 2 12/21/05 09:23 AM
by Deaf
* San Pedro by the Kilo Kavatar 3,732 12 10/28/04 01:27 PM
by esin
* san pedro/p torch/juuls giant/golden torch/ peyote/some wierd plants in afoaf closet(pic's) royer 5,308 8 10/03/06 01:06 PM
by royer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
3,997 topic views. 0 members, 21 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.