Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKavatar
transparentsound machine

San Pedro by the Kilo
    #3284267 - 10/27/04 12:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hello everyone,
I'm pretty new to these boards, although I've been getting info from this site for a long time. Anyway, I have a question about San Pedro cacti. I've read some good things about the quality coming from Bouncing Bear on this website, but it seems that San Pedro, like any other plant entheogen, can very greatly in potency. People so often refer to the length of the cutting in inches for a proper dosage. I'm going to be getting a 3 kilo box of assorted sizes of San Pedro in the mail (95% pachanoi). Does anybody know what a good starting does would be in kilos? Apparently, many of the cuttings in the box are small in diameter, so length would be a difficult indicator of dosage. Thanks a lot for any info!

Graeme

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: San Pedro by the Kilo [Re: Kavatar]
    #3284367 - 10/27/04 12:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I just remembered you are new

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...t=1#Post2283943

hope it helps :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: San Pedro by the Kilo [Re: blink]
    #3285003 - 10/27/04 03:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

1 kilo is roughly a good dose. Planting the rest is a good idea.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineKavatar
transparentsound machine

Re: San Pedro by the Kilo [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3285375 - 10/27/04 04:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the advice! I plan on planting as much as possible, but I have pretty limited space here in this little dorm room... a lot of it is already taken up by other plants!

I'll try a kilo and see how it works out.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3285416 - 10/27/04 04:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Mj says as low as a pound. A kilo is around 2.2 pounds right? should definately work.

Kavatar. I missed the BBB sale, but I've bought from them before. I was curious what kind of stuff showed up with that 3 kilos. Any pics?

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: San Pedro by the Kilo [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3285507 - 10/27/04 04:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"MISSED!" "MISSED?"

OH NO!

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineKavatar
transparentsound machine

#3286411 - 10/27/04 07:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I actually just ordered them a few days ago, so I don't anticipate receiving them for a few more weeks.  I could try to post pics when they arrive.  The email I got from BBB said they're mostly on the small side (1-2" diameter).

btw, I heard the mescaline experience is great for music.  Although I usually try to stay away from crowds if I'm on shrooms (much better to run off into the woods with a few people :smile: ) I was thinking about seeing Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains.  Is the cactus like the mushroom when it comes to crowds?  I guess everybody's different...

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3286517 - 10/27/04 08:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I hear cactus is a little less intense when it comes to freaking out. Perhaps being around crowds won't make you freak out or anything, your mind just will be other places? Only one way to find out...

Anyway, my last package from BBB contained 3 cacti. It was supposed to be cuttings, but it seemed they were rooted. Added bonus? I think I'll let these grow out (I have others from ebay for munching) as they were probably young, and grown to their current height straight from seed, not cutting.

But anyway, I wrapped them in newspaper and put them back in the box for a week (something I've done before without problem). I took them back out last night and one had completely exploded. Nasty brown liquid all over the box, and on another cactus. Totally rotten and gross. I think there might've been some insects involved, as part of it might have looked web-like.

One of the other two is fine, and one is in recovery state. (Cleaning, real nasty looking but it'll grow I think).

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #3286685 - 10/27/04 08:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I ordered the 10 kilo size. I hope I get something good.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: San Pedro by the Kilo [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #3287049 - 10/27/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Didn't even see a ten kilo size.

--------------------

Offlinekbilly
earthwalker

#3287876 - 10/28/04 01:25 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

if youe doing quite a bit id say stick to the forest it is quite a special experience, and you might hurl quite a bit, read my recent thread on mescaline and puking. i think the puking is an important part of the experience.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #3289085 - 10/28/04 12:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

elgr, that sounds like you had the black rot. It can strike fast and you have to cut it out before it takes over the whole plant or whole cutting. I had a peru monstrose I got from africa and it was growing fine but one day I noticed the main lobe had the rot and it was half way down the lobe already. I cut it off just below the rot and it was fine after that but I could have lost it easily. Clean everything up so it doesn't get into your other stuff.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3289491 - 10/28/04 01:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Only time i had mescaline was in a psychedelic arts festival, in the middle of a huge dancing crowd. I ate something between 400 and 600mg, a big capsule full of the crystaline powder (about 500g worth of somewhat dehydrated Pedro)...

At first i got a little concerned because i didn't know the substance and it was hitting me HARD. But once the body load settled and i got to understand how the mesc worked, it all became simply amazing  :heart:.

It is definitely a 'musical' substance.

I'm also not a fan of crowds when on mushrooms. LSD and Mescaline are a different story though.

If you have enough cactus try it first on a more controlled setting to see what it is like, before jumping into a high dose in a crowd setting like i did.

I just did it because i really wanted to trip on mesc there for 'sentimental reasons' - my first acid trip had been two years back in the same festival.
As i thought i only had one dose (unknown purity of the extract), i didn't risk not having enough for the fest..

[turns out i had more than enough, and there was about 150-200mg leftover which i'm planning to take with some L]

Be careful with the crowd though, those people were a very friendly and colorful crowd that fully understands psychedelia. You don't want to do it in a death metal concert or something along those lines :tongue:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules