Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Banisteriopsis Caapi, Dehydrator, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Hot Plate, Morning Glory Seeds, pH Test Strips, Pressure Cooker, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: | Last >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) * 8
    #2281314 - 01/28/04 05:26 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Here is my Pictorial on the Preparation of the San Pedro Cacti from Peru and Ecuador.

mjshroomer

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

mjshroomer

Edited by mjshroomer (01/29/04 02:42 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDocDreadlock
meditator

Loc: SoCal
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2281827 - 01/28/04 09:31 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks mj, its a truly excellent and in depth guide!

--------------------
if your mind isnt clouded by unneccesary things, this is the best season of your life

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2283943 - 01/29/04 02:39 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Okay, here is my contribution to the San Pedro Complex.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

San Pedro Preparation and my Understanding of How to do it correctly.

Especially in a manner as close to as possible, the way the Indians of Ecuador and Peru prepare it. Only with a few slight m modifications of employment..

Well I had two methods, one on paper and the other on film.

Editors for Psychedelic Illuminations conducted the filmed version. Those were lost when the publisher and his wife went through a violent divorce and the photos got trashed, along with many new articles.

And I wrote it all down somewhere and I finally found the text.

Now. Here is my story on the preparation of this cactus.

Years ago in the early 1970s I became friends with the employees of a plant in the Seattle University District.

What was really cool is that I found out that the owner of this plant shop was also the author, as well as the editor of several fine books on ?How to grow the Finest Marijuana Indoors under Halides.? And How to Grow Pot Hydroponically.? They also published ?How to Identify and Grow Psilocybe Mushrooms,? by Jule Stevens and Rich Gee.

And one of the employees and I went to the Seattle arboretum in 1975 and were playing Frisbee when I dropped the Frisbee to the ground at the Woodlawn Park section of the Seattle Arboretum.

As I bent down to pick up the Frisbee I noticed some interesting mushrooms in the field in which we were playing.

I then lifted one shroom out of the ground and realized it was Psilocybe semilanceata.

Well let me tell you guys. That really blew my mind.

I showed my friend this shroom and he mentioned to me that I since I showed an interest in these special mushrooms, maybe I would be interested in trying a San Pedro Cactus, which he told me, contained mescaline.

At that time in the early to middle 1970s, I learned that this cactus was from Peru and Ecuador and was used ritualistically in ceremonies similar to those associated with the ritualistic use of Peyotl. I soon read a few papers and learn that the natives of these countries prepared their cacti as a drink that they knew as Chimora.

The native peoples of Peru who used this cactus for medicinal purposes would sliced, dice and chop up the sliced star shaped pieces and then boiled the material for hour after hour to get the alkaloids to mix in with the water. Sometimes the cooking preparation took from 8-24 hours. After that the drink would be passed through a cloth and the liquid collected in clay drinking vessels which enabled the Indians to partake of the sacred juice for a most rewarding experience.

In 1976, the cost of such a cactus in the United States was $3.00 for a one to two pound cutting (Se fig. 1 below).

and that such size would be equal to or the closes equivalent to the dosage of 4 to 6 buttons of fresh peyotl (See Peyote fig. 2 below).

In chemical terms that amount of the 1-2 pounds of San Pedro cactus was the equivalent and/or equal to 300 to 500 milligrams of pharmaceutical mescaline sulfate. This 1-2 pound San Pedro cacti dose was the same as a dose of 4-6 fresh buttons of peyotl (and/or ? dried ounce of buttons) consumed by members of the Native American Church.

My friends at the Indoor Sun Shoppe told me I would have to slice and cook the cactus for about four hours or so and then drink the remaining liquid.

So I purchased about ten of the cacti and planted all but one of them in my home. Several of them I kept at the now out of business, ?Beauty and the Books? used bookstore in the University district of Seattle.

Well I chopped up the cactus and placed it into a small 4 quart cooking pot and began to boil the chopped pieces.

I let this goop boil for a few hours and then strained off the pulp from the cactus and waited for it to cool off to drink it.

And I did.

After two hours I felt only a little tingle and i could not sleep the whole night but I never got high from it.

At that time, High Time Magazine was just one year and half years old with about six issues published and now they were going monthly. In the first year of 12 issues, there were many ads for 6? cuttings of San Pedro Cactus for ten dollars each per cutting.

I imagined that hundreds of interested people had bought this cactus, cooked it, drank the liquid (not enough to effect anyone), and then when nothing psychoactive occurred, went on thinking that they had royally been ripped off for their ten dollars. What a shame.

Okay. So I learned a few days later from my friends that I had not prepared the cactus in the right manner and was apparently in too much of a hurry in my method of preparation.

I recalled that the Indians of Peru and Ecuador who use these cacti (13 different species contain mescaline) have to boil the preparation in a black cauldron (kettle) for at least 12 to 24 four hours. However, I of the Western World know the secret of the blender. Something the Indian does not have access to in his jungle. The magical Electrical Blender.

So here is one of many proper methods for preparing and cooking this cactus. And yes, I have used this method since the late 1970s and found it to be the best method I employ.

The Photographs in this article and the preparation of this cactus were prepared on the Island of Koh Samui where there are no laws against the consumption of this magical drink known as Chimora. After I returned from SE Asia I wrote the text and now I will present here a step-by-step photo pictorial on the preparation process for cooking this beautiful wonderful exotic magical entheogenic gift from the gods.

HOW TO PREPARE SAN PEDRO CACTUS FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION.

Items used in the preparation of Chimora by a Shaman of the Western Civilization. These items include a blender, an 8-quart cooking pot, A spoon, preferably a wooden spatula, 2 empty potato salad containers and some old cloth from a t-shirt to be used for straining (see fig. 3).

(1): Take one ? one foot section of a cutting of Trichecerius Pachanoi (see fig. 4).

Or a cactus approximately this size of a little more than one foot and 2- ? inches wide (see fig. 5).

Notice that the end of the cactus is shaped like a star, usually with from four to nine ribs (see fig. 6).

and slice it like a cucumber into star sections (see fig. 7).

More slices of stars (see fig. 8).

And more stars. (see fig. 9).

It is always always faster to chop the whole cactus and then start to blend it cup by cup.

and then chop those star sections into quarter pieces as seen in (see fig. 10).

(2): Fill one cup of cactus to one cup of water (fig. 11).

and pour mixture into the blender (Fig. 12).

(3) Now blend this mixture until the two cups of cactus bits and cup of water mix to the top of the blender (Fig. 13).

Blend. Repeat process several times until the whole cactus is in the blender. You will most likely have to do this step in several steps. After blending each cup of cactus and blending you will pour it one cup at a time into the blender., blend and then pour the mixture into a large cooking pot of at least 3-5 quarts of water.

(4): Cook on a slow low heat until the mixture is even. Once you have blended this mixture into a pot to boil, the cactus pulp is separated from the water and sits on top of the mixture (fig. 14).

Once the water starts to boil, the pulp will rise to the top of the pot and boil over (fig. 15).

So it is very important that you use, hopefully a gas stove because you can better regulate the heat of the cooking temperature. You can also leave the spurs (spines, needles) on the cactus since the boiling eventually softens them into a sting like piece of material. Therefore the spines will not be harmful. Cooking renders them soft. Now, as I mentioned above, it is important to stir the mixture while it is rejoining itself into one liquid and begins to turn green like the skin of the cactus (fig. 16).

Always stir and turn the heat as low as possible for the first half hour of cooking. Slowly but surely the green goop will eventually remix with the water until you have one substance in the pot. A pulpy green Kermit looking glop of goop. A quick mention that this goop of green in the pan has a consistency of glue or snot. See these next four images to show you how snotty this mixture can be (Figs. 17).

And the following two next images after this one to show the gooey gluey snottly composition of the green goop.

in fig. 18 i am still stirring the goop.

And still remixing and stiring the goop (fig. 19).

(5). AFTER THE WATER AND PULP HAVE REJOINED THEN YOU CAN INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF HEAT TO THE BOIL SO IT WILL BOIL CONTINOUSLY BUT NOT RISE OVER THE PAN ONTO THE STOVE.

Now this next image shows you how the mixture is starting to remix and boil down. (fig. 20).

(6): Continue boiling for two to four hours until you have just about 12 to 16 ounces of goo left in the bottom of the pan (figs. 21).

Do not burn. During this 2-4 hour period, you can always add another 12 to 16 ounces of water or more and boil a little longer if you like. Eventually it becomes a messy glob of gooey gluey goop as seen in this next image (fig. 22).

(7): Now Take your blender and place an old t-shirt pocket onto the top of the blender as if making a filter out of some of your old t-shirt. Make a pocket into the top of the blender with the t-shirt (fig. 23).

Then pour the liquid mixture from the pot back into the cloth section you have made a cup of in the top of the blender Fig. 24).

The liquid will slowly seep into this cloth pocket and drip into the blender. Keep repeating this process until all of the remaining pulp is in the pocket of cloth in the blender.

(8): Now take a piece of string and tie it around the cloth so that it is closed up at the top of the blender, thus keeping the cloth ball over the top of the blender. Attached this string above you to a kitchen cabinet door and let the ball of goop trapped in the cloth dangle over the top of the blender so the juice drips into the blender with the remainder of the liquid. After fifteen minutes the Cactus pulp should have cooled down considerably and then you can squeeze the remaining liquid into the blender (see fig. 25).

(9): Next, let the liquid cool off for a while until it is warm enough to drink and will not burn your throat.

(10): Next take the pulp cloth out of the blender and untie the string form it and open it up to see how much is left. This is just for your personal information (see fig. 26)

As you may have noticed, the amount of space shrunk consideravbly after boiling. You can now throw this pulp away. It is useless and now inert of properties.

(10): Finally, take the blender juice and pour it into one of the two cups you used to prepare the cactus for cooking (see fig. 27).

Now take one half hour to drink this glass of goop.

Remember that it is very easy to open your mouth and swallow a big shot of cactus juice.

It is not the same as chewing horrible bitter tasting fresh buttons of Peyote, which make you gag. Each time you take a swallow of the mixture you can take an equal drink of whatever you want to to counter the tatse of the mildly bitter tasting of the San Pedro Juice.

It is not as bad as one would think and does not create nauseated feelings when swallowed instead of chewed where the taste in the latter stays in your mouth.

Remember the reason to drink this liquid slow is to make the come-on to your system be gentle and not shock your central nervous system. The Indians of Peru do so with the San Pedro as do the North American Indians do when consuming four to 6 or more buttons of peyote.

(11): I think you will find this a cool way to prepare the cactus.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Best Regards,

mjshroomer

OfflineAuroricDistortions
~~~~~~~
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Polar Springs
    #2284380 - 01/29/04 04:57 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Beautiful.  Thank you for sharing.
:mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlinebigslick
science fictionwriter

Loc: just behind you
    #2284459 - 01/29/04 05:24 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Hey MJ does it give you pesonally any stomach problems? I've done some chopped up dried peruvianus nice trip but I did have to puke at about an hour after injestion.

--------------------

Everything I write is a total work of fiction

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: bigslick]
    #2284471 - 01/29/04 05:27 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Do you think we can get this stickied its very good guide...

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #2284971 - 01/29/04 08:33 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

if you don't have this bookmarked already, i've added this thread to the useful links section of the faq

Offlinewookie
life enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: the north state (Californ...
    #2288327 - 01/30/04 11:23 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

This is a great post MJ. I really like the pics. Do you know how much fresh cactus weight goes into the cup at the begining?

--------------------
-=* dUMb \/\/00kIe *=-

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: wookie]
    #2288428 - 01/30/04 11:54 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I tend to fill 4-6 or 7 cups of the material from a good one and a half pound piece. IT seems T. pachanoi and the other related species all are equal in potency. One pound and over can be equivelent to approximately 300 to 500 milligrams of mescaline sulfate. 500 mgs is the OD threshold dosage level meaning if yu did not eat mescaline before it would be a good high at a one pound piece. I am a little oolder and wiser as to dosage but could medically give a proper dosage if i was liscense to do so.

. It was probably a much freer world when there were no anti-drug laws.

Like why do I need a degree to study what I love. ITs all about money. Every thing is tainted by money. even the shrooms.

have a shroomy day

Anonymous

#2291057 - 02/01/04 04:10 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

yah, someone will read this and go slang cups of this cacti juice now :rolleyes:  50 bucks a cup!

OfflineAgarico
arrrf 3 8 7
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
    #2291221 - 02/01/04 06:22 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

cool, you could eventually add this side option (peeling)

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Agarico]
    #2293697 - 02/02/04 11:06 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

How did you get such a clean peel going? Does it make the drink less bitter? Any effect at all on the final product?

--------------------

OfflineAgarico
arrrf 3 8 7
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Adden]
    #2294309 - 02/02/04 03:41 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

s2dope said:
How did you get such a clean peel going?

Making a straight cut from top to      end between each rib before pulling it off.

Quote:

Does it make the drink less bitter? Any effect at all on the final product? 

Outher skin is like a plastic nail layer, it's heavy on the stomach, hard to digest beacause of it's structure, not a matter of taste.

Probably you also eliminate it completely while filtering but I prefere it to happen before blending  :smile:

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Adden]
    #2300035 - 02/04/04 11:28 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

How did you get such a clean peel going?

this is easily acheved with practice and when there are few blemishes/scabing on the surface of the cactus.

Quote:

Does it make the drink less bitter?

no, as the skin had no taste. it is merely a waxpaper-like film.

Quote:

Any effect at all on the final product?

this depends on your method of ingestion. if you plan to make san pedro syrup, preform and extraction of sorts, or any other proceedure that involves proccessing/plending/juicing/etc. then there is no need. if you plan to eat the cactus raw or dried, removing the skin and the inner pithy core is all but nescecary, as these parts are not digestable and would be difficult to chew.

btw MJ: this is a fine pictorial :smile:.

[edit: lol agarico, i didn't evn notive you had replied too. btw, i know from experience it can take a steady or practiced hand to make an even slice between the ribs of a cactus.]

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinepsilocybespawn
ol bastard

Loc: The Heartland Of America
    #2301696 - 02/04/04 06:23 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Excellent write-up MJ! :thumbup:

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2305641 - 02/05/04 05:11 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Most teks for extracting mescaline from cactus suggest that making the water slightly acidic by using lemon juice, or some other form of citric acid, would make the mescaline more soluable in water.

Is there a reason besides just personal preference that you did not do the same?

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2305860 - 02/05/04 05:56 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Basically the taste does not bother me in the least. And as for sucking out the very last drop of alkaloid, That doesn't interest me as I just drink the juice, thank the mescalitos and then me and my gierlfried have sex for ten hours.

Hehehehe.

No seriously, I never used any vitamins or acidics to cook the cactus. I personally do not like lemon or lime flavors in drinks and I hate it in restaurants when they serve you water w2ith lemon in it.

Anyway, as I noted somewhere, anyone can make their own brew anyway they can. I used this method since the 1970s and it works fine for me.

Have a shroomy day.

mj

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#2306876 - 02/05/04 11:12 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I know what you mean about the 10 hour sex and all. My last sex during mescaline lasted all day. It really brought out the rabbit in me. :grin:

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #2308063 - 02/06/04 11:32 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

adding lemmon or other acidic juice does not make it taste like the juice you use, it makes it salty in addition the the present bitterness.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: canid]
    #2308890 - 02/06/04 04:13 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

AS I saisd, I do not like lemon juice or Lime juice or that kind of taste period so there is n0o reason I would add it to the mixture. AS I also noted, The taste of the cati does not bother me aat all because I know how to swallow without tasting it.

mj

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
    #2313550 - 02/08/04 03:45 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

MJ, is it possible that you didn't strain all the alkaloid content it had in itself, by just straining it once? would you recommend like boiling say 4 hours, then straining. then boil again for like 30 mins, strain, boil again 30 mins, strain.. then get the strained liquid and boil down??
peace

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Merkin]
    #2313914 - 02/08/04 11:34 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I think I mentioned that you could always add more water when it boils down. The blender really helps the cooking time compared to the Indians in PEru and Ecuador who boil it for 24 hours or longer, but then they do not have blenders.

A few milligrams more or less will not effect a trip under the 500 mg level which is where the walls befgan to intensely breath on you if too much. A good example of too much is like DMT or 5-MEO-DMT where a match head is sufficient but a few graisn over can be like death. Or like x. 2 or 3 milligrams over the 140 mg clinical dose can cause your penis to shrivel and you get intensive REM and also sweaty body and clenching jaws.

The toxic level.

Anyway, again, most westerners never take an Indian dosage. they canot metanly handle it.

But there are many like me wwho like the full dosge at times.

mj

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
    #2315620 - 02/08/04 10:14 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Is there any right or wrong way to store the liquid? I'm going to make some Pedro juice, but I won't be able to consume for a while. Just wondering if theres a good way to store it.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Grok]
    #2315680 - 02/08/04 10:29 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Few Days in the fridge only in mine experience. Other's have told me that their batches actually ferment.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Grok]
    #2315688 - 02/08/04 10:31 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

It is best to wait until you are ready to eat it and then prepare it.

I suyppose you could store the juise for abotut ten days or so. However, it is very pleasaant when it is warm and you have a closer symbiotic relationship with the plant.

mj

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

#2316785 - 02/09/04 05:58 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

hehe nice expl there MJ :laugh:
MJ what do you think about the freezing-thawing process of the cactus? Is it really necessary, I mean would increase alkaloid content by breaking off the cell walls.. etc
thanks

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2317178 - 02/09/04 11:00 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

MErkaba, I always drink the juice within an half an hour after it is finished cooking and has been strained. While the liquid is still warm.. Gives one a good stomach feeling. And claen. Actualy cooking brings about 95% of the material into the liquid when it is finsihed being strained.

Wanting to get every drop is a little radical and not necessary. The cooking does the job. What i9s strained off form the blender is enough for the individual high.

I really would not worry about a few extra milligrams. IT takes from 100 to five hundred millgrams p[er dopse depending onthe person. When Mescaline was being used in therapy, doctors whould make 20 two five doses per gram for clincial research on human subjects. Five milligrams over the 500 mg level is toxic and scrary. the walls will breath on you after that OD level of dosage. So I would not be too concerned about a few extra mgs of the chemicals. Nost never eat whta the Indians use in a ceremonial dosage. ANd then they keep eating more for two ro three days. that is with [peyote. And as I noted earlier, they take up to 30 minutes or more to consume the dosage.

have a shroomy day,
mj

Invisiblehawk
Stranger
    #2317311 - 02/09/04 12:15 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Your method was flawless and worked perfectly with out any nausea or very bad taste,  Thanks. :grin:

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: hawk]
    #2320444 - 02/10/04 04:12 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

MJ do you think a juicer would be a good instrument to use for the extraction?like, boil down the juice that is juiced out. (what we didnt do)
When we "tried" to prepare our first san pedro, a while ago. We juiced 2 feet, and put the juice aside. We only cooked-strained the plump that was left over from the juicer.
We then drank the juiced juice (uncooked), and also the juiced plump(not mucch as most of it was juiced)

we had to drink like 3 glasses of juice each lol, being uninformed and unclear about the cooking. I hardly tripped at all. like, very minimally, almost unnoticably.  Im pretty sure that it was beacuse of the fact that we didnt cook like the 90% of the juice. (only the juiced plump), and the alkaloid content didnt get seperated in the stomach or something
but it would be cool if you could just confirm this?  :laugh:?

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2320595 - 02/10/04 06:58 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

You drink the juice and discard the pulp. There is nothing left after the cooking.

AWS I noted, my first trip was I cut the cacti into sliiced and diced it and then boilked it for a few hours, poured the juice out into a glass and threw the rest awau y with out squeezing the remainder formt he pulp and hardly got off, actually thinking aI had been ripped off.

AS one person already noted. They have tried this method and it worked perfectly for them

Mj

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #2320802 - 02/10/04 11:04 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Hey...Great Pictorial...I've been meaning to try this for awhile, and maybe now I will...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinecomario2
amateur

Loc: between places
    #2320883 - 02/10/04 11:46 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i'm for pressure cooker ...  :laugh:

--------------------
comario

"crusaders against emotional poverty"

InvisibleLoki
Ferret Farmer
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #2320903 - 02/10/04 12:01 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Great pictorial, thank you.
now i just need to wait for mine to grow a bit :grin:

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Loki]
    #2323230 - 02/11/04 06:53 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

MJ, how much cacti do you prepare noramlly (in cm/feet?) when you describe it as intense wall breathing.?

--------------------

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

#2323236 - 02/11/04 07:02 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

hmmm Im confused. Say if you hypothetically ate the whole one foot pedro (not syrup), should one feel the full effects of the cacti?? or does it really need to be boiled/heat to be activated ??
thanks

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2323273 - 02/11/04 07:38 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

It is impossible to eat the whole cati. It taste horrible when fresh the same as Peyote to most people.

As I noted, a 1 footer, at least three inches thick would be close to a 500 milligram ddosage, that is the clinical dose of od lever. Now OD in this case does notr mean you would die, but you would not be able to fuction and psychologically it would be scary.

5-meo-dmt is like that when a few millgrams over the dose is used. same with 2cb and similar compounds.

E when too much (usually more than 140 mgs) is use causes severe sweating, REM and jaw clenching and unable to urinate. Thats too much for the body and thats the same thing that happens when to much mescam line is in the system. And those are all amphetamines chemically, or phenylethylamines.

have a shroomy day,

Oh yes, one more thing, the size of the cacti and your body weight should also be taken into consideration,. if you are 140 pounds, you do not s need the same an mount as say someoone who is `180' pounds or more.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (02/11/04 07:41 AM)

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

#2323291 - 02/11/04 07:54 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

yea cool. but when i said eating the whole foot of cacti i didn mean literally :P. i was asking if by eating it instead of making syrup would give the same effects?

thanks

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2323957 - 02/11/04 01:48 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

YEs, you are only boiling out the alkaloids from the cacti into a liquid to make consumoption easier.

mj

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

#2325720 - 02/12/04 03:20 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

yea, thought so, that's why I'm so confused to as why we didn't trip :<
We consumed 1 foot of pedro each. I want to try it again soon sucessfully. I just don't wana waste my money again
what do you think the reason could be ?

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2325926 - 02/12/04 07:32 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I could not really say why you did not get high, except you probably ate pup and missed the mescline in the green skin which is centered near each of the spines. And I noticed someoen already tried my method here and had a great response formt he cacti.

mj

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

#2328060 - 02/12/04 08:42 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

hmmm. I don't know. It could be what you mentioned, because we despined the cactis, by slicing length wise as best we could. but after that we we go all the possible dark green stuff, by cutting each bit out beside the spines. we also skined it. If we did leave some behind, it was a very very minimal amount, as I tried getting every little bit. Next time I'm surely going to use your method, and just throw the whole cactus in with the spines. Hopefully it'l work out.

But do you know of the potency in san pedro? Does each one differ from another or are they pretty much the same ?

--------------------

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#2328366 - 02/12/04 10:23 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

The potentcy varies widely from one specimen to another.

--------------------

OfflineMycena
mycoexplorer
Loc: indonesia
    #2331234 - 02/13/04 03:59 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

but clones of the same age grown in the same place can be reliable

find a good clone
make lots from cuttings (Easy like falling off a log)
Grow your own supply

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Mycena]
    #2331715 - 02/13/04 06:50 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

how do you know when you got yourself a potent guy ?

--------------------

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
    #2331774 - 02/13/04 07:12 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Only one tried and true method...  :lol:

OfflineJack_Straw
ROC
 User Gallery
    #2331891 - 02/13/04 08:10 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I tried this with some dried Torch from an online shop.. 60 dried grams total, and myself and another person tripped nicely.

Thanks mj..

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Jack_Straw]
    #2333606 - 02/14/04 06:44 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Jack Straw, how nicely did you trip? like what level? what size was the cacti?

keep truckin' :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

#2344622 - 02/17/04 07:55 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

dry it down in the sun into small green chips,then swallow these down with a drink of you own choice,no taste is experienced.

Reference: mr b.caapi

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2347266 - 02/17/04 08:56 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

im gonna remember this one :wink: . What are the weight factors with dosage? 250 mgs or half a one foot, one pound cactus?  So roughly 6 inches for a person who was 140 pounds?

--------------------
What?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2347432 - 02/17/04 09:50 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

one foot piece weighing one pound should be enough for a first timer or for someone who is not ready fore a larger dose.

When you do get off you kinda say, "Well I coulc have eaten more"

Well that is true but you need to feel whaty the correct doage for you is and you can do that by remembering how much you ate that first time.

I eat a giant one footer and maybe 4 inches in diameter. Very heavy, prpbably about 600 or so milligrams. If you ate that , then the walls would breath on you.

But after several trips you can increase that weight to where you feel comfortable being.

mj. The only rewal dosage for mescaline would be for pharmaceutical doses or for extracted dose and if you are not a chemist or a schedule one drugs permit holder thant ht echances of you ever having Mescaline sufate are nil.

Have a shroomy ay and remember to not take a subthreshold dose, go for a little motre and take a half an hour or a little less to drink the liquid. let it come one slow.

You will not be disappointed.

mj

InvisibleStix Russell
AmorphousExperimentalist

#2348096 - 02/18/04 01:03 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

MJ, what size would you suggest of T. Peruvianus? 6" would be almost equal to the 12" of T. Pachanoi? On the average from both species, of course.

--------------------
Where is the lightning to lick you with its tongue? Where is the madness with which you should be cleansed? Behold, I show you the Superman. He is this lightning, he is this madness.

Nietzsche (in Zarathustra)

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Stix Russell]
    #2352926 - 02/19/04 02:45 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

T. Peruvianus is not necesserally more potent than Pachanoi, the cactuses differ in the content of mescaline, and often pachanoi is a little more potent than peruvian, and viceversa, but you never know

6" sounds very little even for thershold, and especially for your first time preparing, I'd recommend at least 12" you won't regret it. the mescaline trip is not as intense as shrooms or cid in the doses we talk of, and can be considered more lucid and controllable,

laters

--------------------

InvisibleStix Russell
AmorphousExperimentalist

#2353044 - 02/19/04 03:07 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Righto, good advice, Merkaba. Thanks!

5 for ya. :laugh:

--------------------
Where is the lightning to lick you with its tongue? Where is the madness with which you should be cleansed? Behold, I show you the Superman. He is this lightning, he is this madness.

Nietzsche (in Zarathustra)

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

#2533274 - 04/06/04 11:55 PM (17 years, 20 days ago)

Can anyone suggest dosage for a newbie or a good suplier. im thinking of this one http://www.ethnogarden.com/peruvianus.htm . but like i said im new and looking for advice im a 21 year old male that weighs almost 300 lbs. also i think i may want to eat the dried sanpedro preprepairded, i dont have a big pot to cook in and dont want to mess it up. but this tutorial was awsome MJ

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: AhronZombi]
    #2534250 - 04/07/04 10:35 AM (17 years, 20 days ago)

Dude, those prices are outrageous. You should look elsewhere. I'll see what I can find and send you a PM. I know that there are several other places that sell for less than that.

--------------------

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

#2536752 - 04/07/04 10:09 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

thanx for the rplys so quick mj nd Ekstaza , helped alot. this board is awsome

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

#2537695 - 04/08/04 02:00 AM (17 years, 19 days ago)

now that ive read about them i think i might try morning glory seeds, sounds easyer than cacti

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
    #2537881 - 04/08/04 02:55 AM (17 years, 19 days ago)

ok, if thats what you wanna do, peace, have fun, dont look back... did i say peace...

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Tremor1127]
    #2538158 - 04/08/04 05:47 AM (17 years, 19 days ago)

well im gonna do cati too just morning glory first, any suggestions?

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
    #2538535 - 04/08/04 10:54 AM (17 years, 19 days ago)

yeah, hbwr... not morning glory...

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #2538536 - 04/08/04 10:54 AM (17 years, 19 days ago)

perfect post

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Offlinehomelessheathen
Male
Loc: Florida
    #2580051 - 04/19/04 11:23 PM (17 years, 7 days ago)

Ebay - as low as a dollar a pound for cuttings. most are about $2/lb, tho.

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: homelessheathen]
    #2608801 - 04/27/04 11:09 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

i got a 14 in cutting from bounceingb botanicals, best price icould find that wasnt sold out. ill finaly get to try this awsome method :smile2:

Offlinecrazychemist
Spreader ofSpores

#2609165 - 04/28/04 12:25 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quick question, is the part of the liquid after the prep with the mesc in it the slimy part that sits on the bottom of a bowl?

--------------------
The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room.
-Waking Life

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: crazychemist]
    #2610327 - 04/28/04 04:06 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

No. The cacti juice is slimy after cutting and mixing in the blender. When you pour it into thye pot it separates. The greeen slime goes to the top and the water to the bottom.;l That is what causes the ceparation of the water and the green slime.

As you stir the mixture in the cooking utensil, the water then remixes with the cacti juice and becomes one. The blender causes it to separate. You stir so it does not boil over. Once the gook has remixed itself you can regulate the boiling so it boils hard but not over the top of the pot.

Offlinecrazychemist
Spreader ofSpores

#2614018 - 04/29/04 01:31 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

That is what I did...... but it seemed like in the bottom of the bowl that I placed the juice in that it was slimy, kind of like it was before I cooked, but with out the froth. I boiled for 3 hours and it never boiled over. My experience was less that I had hoped. I have more and think I will try again soon.

--------------------
The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room.
-Waking Life

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

#2614839 - 04/29/04 04:57 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

mj take a look at this method http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_preparation1.shtml

its the way a shaman prepares it in mexico i think, what is your opinion on this method vs. yours
thanks ahead of time bro

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#2615237 - 04/29/04 10:27 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

AhronZombi said:
its the way a shaman prepares it in mexico i think,

In the very first line it says that they are in Peru.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2615627 - 04/29/04 12:54 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

AS EKSTAZA SAYS THEY ARE IN PERU.

MOW ABOUT THE SPINES. BOILING MAKES THE SPINES INERT, SOFT AND RUBBERY AND WOULD NOT BE IN THE END PRODUCT SINCE THEY ARE FILTRERED WITH THE OLD T-SHIRT OR CHEESE-CLOTH OR WHATEVER OINE USES TO FILTER THE JUICES. I PERSONALLY USE A NEW SOCK.

AND THERE IS STILL AROUND 50 TO 75 TO MAYBE 100 MILLIGRAMS OF MESCALINE STILL IN THE OTHER PART OF THE CACTI WHICH THE SHAMAN APPARENTLY DID NOT USE. AND HE IS A MODERN SHAMAN WITH A BLENDER. MOST SHAMANS IN PERU AND ECUADOR DO NOT HAVE ELECTRICITY TO HAVE A BLENDER USED IN THE PREPARATION OF THE JUICE KNOWN LOCALLY IN PERU AS CHIMORA.

MJSHROOMER

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPITAL KEY LETTERS.

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

#2619018 - 04/30/04 12:09 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

thanks allot for the advise brother, i love your website

OfflinePoopman
Man of Poop
Loc: Los Angeles
    #2631814 - 05/03/04 02:37 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I know this is a semi-old post and this may have been asked before but I just have one quick question for either mj or anyone...

Can this preperation method be used with dried san pedro or peruvian instead of a fresh cut?

Thanks.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Poopman]
    #2633747 - 05/03/04 09:00 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

You'd probably have to add a little more water.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Poopman]
    #2633804 - 05/03/04 09:10 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Now uy9u did not say what kind of dried. Is it a complete dried cacti or the peeled skins which were dried after peeling them form the cactus. If it is the skins than less water but you would still want to bnoilit fdown and nmake sure you boil it for a few hours at least if it is peeled dried star skins.

mj

Do not put the dried cacti into the blenmder. It will break the blender blades.

InvisibleBajri
Stranger
    #2644931 - 05/06/04 12:24 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Excellent walkthrough. One question about the straining. Is it possible to use another material such as a cheese cloth or a print screen? It occurred to me that a bubble bag might do the trick but I have no idea what size might be best.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Bajri]
    #2646020 - 05/06/04 04:47 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

You can use am ny material that you can make a pocket in and use it.

However, be sure to use something strong enough to squeeze which will only cause the liquid to ooze out into the blender so that the pulp will not ooze into your drinking potion.

Remember all the spines are also soft in the pulp.

Mj. Cheeseclothe is okay but I have used the same sock on ten doses over the past 8 years.

mj

OfflineAmericaNightmare
fiend

Loc: The Hyacinth House
    #2657442 - 05/09/04 05:55 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

This is great MJ, a great guide for people wanting to get aquainted with mescalito. So, I have a large San Pedro cactus, about 4 inch diameter. For two people using your technique here, how long of a cutting should I take? I was thinking a foot would be good, but you know what your talking about, so I figured it wouldnt hurt to ask.

--------------------
Now, if I accept Jesus into my heart, I'll get to walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Did you hear what I said? Walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Well, kiss my crippled ass. God is listening. What a crock of shit.
--Lieutenant Dan

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: AmericaNightmare]
    #2657676 - 05/09/04 06:56 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Generally a foot should weigh about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds. That would be a m normal dosaeg. I really would cook with two pots if preparing for two people. A pot will ony hold so much pulp and it is hard to strain dages for two at the same time.

So if you are first timers than one pound would be a good start. Later one can increase the high to agree with their physical weight.

Only you know how much you would like to drink. IT is easy to swallow a mouthfull of the liquid than to chew a peyote button.

have a safe journey,

mj

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

#2661683 - 05/11/04 03:08 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

i did this method with a san pedro i bought of a web botanicals store, it worked great but i hit a snag. half way through blending my blender burned out, got another one it did the same, later i found out it was the outlet that caused it. so i had half blended. i took the other half and checped it into extremely tiny peaces. i did exactly how the guide says other wise. i drank the dark green juice ( witch tastes no worse than sleeping herb tea i have had in the past. well 2 hours pasted and i though shit , since i choped up half the stuff it didnt work. so i went to exchange my blender. on the trip their it kicked in and the music in my car totally consumed me. i came home before the trip got extreme and i half to say it is probabley the most plesant and enlightening trip ive ever had. i laid in bed closed my eyes and went into a world in my mind. it was way better than anything. i triped most of the day. cactis is awsome compaired to any trip ( ive never had shrooms)

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

#2661684 - 05/11/04 03:08 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

--duplicate-- deleted

Edited by AhronZombi (05/11/04 03:09 AM)

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2714522 - 05/22/04 01:28 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup:

Offlinemacro
Stranger
    #2726677 - 05/25/04 08:50 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

OK, what's the difference between figure 4 and figure 5?

The cutting in 5 looks like quite a bit more cactus than the cutting in figure 4. You say this 'or' that, but they seem quite different amounts..

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: macro]
    #2726907 - 05/25/04 10:51 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Picture 4 was a collection of cacti of various weights and sies. the top one in image four ia almost 2 pounds.

The one in picture five is close to 1 pound. IT is the one used in the cooking.

mj

OfflineCactiNewbie
Loc: PA(USA)
    #2750702 - 05/31/04 09:01 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Hi, I'm new here and was wondering if you or anyone can tell me if this is just for one person to drink? Or would I need like 1 cacti for each person?
I seem to be having trouble finding this out, thanks!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: CactiNewbie]
    #2752171 - 06/01/04 06:06 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

one cacti each per person. One cacti weighing approzimately one pound or slightly more, is the equivelent of 300-5-- millgrams which would be considered a clinical dosage.

mj

OfflineCactiNewbie
Loc: PA(USA)
    #2757680 - 06/02/04 07:09 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the info!!
4 of us tried 1 cactus - as it did nothing for my friends I had like a 10 minute trip with it. Can't wait to find more :smile:
Deb

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: CactiNewbie]
    #2759963 - 06/03/04 10:08 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

The high last for 8-12 hours and longer. No one gets off for just ten minutes on the cactus.

mj

And where did you find your cacti as you said
Quote:

Can't wait to find more

I hope uyou are not going around picking cacti you find growing in your neighborhood?

mj

There are cacti that can make you sick.
Which ones I do not know but there are.

mj

If you did not purchase it form a reputable dealer or stor, then i would advisr against picking any if that is what you ae doing.

mj

Offlinemacro
Stranger
    #2770948 - 06/07/04 09:09 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks mj, keep up the good work :smile:

OfflineHeXeDOSOK
Stranger
    #2772182 - 06/07/04 05:36 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

So just to clarify things as far as the dosage is concerned...

mj, you say the good "starter" amount is about 1-1/2 pounds. Not to be a nuisance, but have you shown people their "first cactus experience?" And if you did, I would assume you went 1 to 1 1/2 pounds per person. Did any of them not experience a trip? Would it be safe to assume that a person who has had experience with Choc stars "shrooms/peyote in chocolate" might be able to handle 2 lbs? I just say this because if I am going to order this, and have it shipped, and take hours to do this, I want to make sure I get a good enough effect.

What do ya think?

PS. 3 more questions. Can you freeze the Cactus for a while before you make it? and can you bottle up the juice for a future "journey" and keep it in the fridge? And what is your thought on buying from ebay. I know you say "reputible dealer." Any sellers in the US that you would recommend over others?

Sorry for being a pain in the ass, but this method you have concocted looks too good to be true. And what is the legal status of this cacti? Seems like it is legal, but if cops came in to my house and I had a big ol "witches cauldron" and a boat paddle stirring it up..would I be "up the creek"?

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3049341 - 08/25/04 06:32 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Hi,

I plan on doing this soon, and I know that this thread is a bit old, and it probably isn't checked often, but. A couple questions...

(3) Now blend this mixture until the two cups of cactus bits and cup of water mix to the top of the blender (Fig. 13).

Maybe I'm a bit out of it, or just reading it wrong, but does step 3 imply that there are 2 cups of cactus to each cup of water? sorry

Secondly, this is just a basic outline question, as i got lost once or twice.
a.You blend the water and cactus to mix them
b.As the boil begins, they start to seperate (and you must be careful of overflow). The mescaline is now in the water?
c.The water and cactus combine back together as the boil continues? the mescaline is still in the water? what causes the overflowing to cease. just evaporation?
d.After it is boiled down, you are left with goop. the mescaline, being in the water, will be filtered into a cup for drinking. what if there is not much water left? will it be too much of a solid to pass through the cloth?

sorry for the massive confusion on my part.

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3049542 - 08/25/04 07:18 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

k-19

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #3050988 - 08/26/04 12:40 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

HI, Just saw your post and thought I would be so kind as to reply to your qwuestions.

One is you put one container, a plastic half pound potato salad container is what I use. Fill it with water, pour the water inthe blender.

Than cut some of the cactus, unless you cut it all up at once like I usually do, and fill the empty potato salad container (I think they hold a cup and a half or more of water) with a s9imilar amount of chopped cactus. Add that to the blemder which has one cup of water.

If you do not put water the blade of the blender will break..

When it blends, the mixtutre separates, although you do not notice it. Let it blend unbtil the mixture reaches near the top of the blender.
That would seem like many cups of liquid, as seen in the photos in h this post of mine.

Pour the mixture in the large four to 8 quart pot like I use.

Repeat the process untill all of the cactus is in the pot.

Now what happens is that the mixture is separated once you start to cook it. The water will be in the bottom of the pot and the slimy gooey grren pulp will rise to the top like a cake does int he oven.

You need to keep stirring, sometimes removing the pot fromt he heat til; it settles down and eventually within 15 minutes or so become mostly water and then you can turn up the heat to makle it boil a little faster.

Ho[pe that helps you opout somewhat. But it seems to work each time.

Only a few have had a few questions about the cooking and blending.

Its a shame I cannot give a class on the preparation of the cactus.

Maybe one day a preperation demonstration of a normal cactus, one which no one can drink when the cooking and filtering is done but one which shows how to do it step by step. IT is a process of patience.

Remember the Indians in Peru and Ecuador have no blenders. They boiil cac ti day and night for healing and curing ceremonies.

mj

(3) Now blend this mixture until the two cups of cactus bits and water mix to the top of the blender (Fig. 13).

Maybe I'm a bit out of it, or just reading it wrong, but does step 3 imply that there are 2 cups of cactus to each cup of water? sorry

NO it is one cup of cactus to w one cup of water. You can always add a little more water to cooking if you want to stretch the cooking time.

Cooking as I wrote it givess one about 98% of the chemical in the cactus.

Secondly, this is just a basic outline question, as i got lost once or twice.
a.You blend the water and cactus to mix them
b.As the boil begins, they start to seperate (and you must be careful of overflow). The mescaline is now in the water?
c.The water and cactus combine back together as the boil continues? the mescaline is still in the water? what causes the overflowing to cease. just evaporation?

he overflo0w ceases since the mixture is o now as one. The heavy crushed pulp is at the bottom of the pot being boiled to pieces

d.After it is boiled down, you are left with goop. the mescaline, being in the water, will be filtered into a cup for drinking. what if there is not much water left? will it be too much of a solid to pass through the cloth?

Look at the image. I use a sock or an old t-shirt and make a cup with it in the blender.

You want as little water as possible. It is not hard to swallow a drink of it because you do not have to taste the drink by putting your tongue to the top of your mouth. Take a drink of grapefruit jusice or orange after each swallow and take approximately 0ne=half hour to consume the total liquid. You will be high at exactly two hours fromt he time you took your first sip, although you will began to feel the effects within 45-60 minuters, the real tripp begins exactly about two hours formt hat first sip.

sorry for the massive confusion on my part.

No problem.

mj

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3071525 - 08/31/04 12:13 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

So, the pot will have 3-5 quarts of water, and THEN you add the water/cactus mix?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #3072056 - 08/31/04 02:52 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

No, You put o nop water in the pot at first. Only the water-cactus misture from the v blender. after allt he cactus with water from blennding is inthe pot then you ca n add more m water to boil it longer if you want to. I boil it down and sometimes add a quart of more water when the pit gets down to about two inches high int he bottom.

Extra water just helps booil out more mescaline into the brew.

Again it is pretty much all you will get. Patience is the jkey. Takje your time. DO nort be in a hurry and the end product witll be f worth the effort involved in preparing the cactus.

Remember, The Perucians and Ecuadorians do not use blenders r so they coli for 12 t0 24 hours.
,mj

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3073177 - 08/31/04 11:31 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

thanks. I think all my questions have been answered.

hope to try it out this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

Offlinemezkal
Stranger
    #3074938 - 08/31/04 07:09 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Hi ! very nice pics method !
i have to practise it in few time , but i am french, and english or american measure are very confused for me like " foot, inch , oz ,,,,)
I just want to know how much grams or kilograms of san pedro is necessary for one dose for one person ? because when you say a section of one foot we don t know what is the diameter of the cactus ?

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: mezkal]
    #3075062 - 08/31/04 07:45 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

half a kilo is a little more than a pound right? that should do it. a foot of cactus could be any weight, so.. best to just go by the weight.

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

#3183889 - 09/26/04 10:39 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Anyone see any problem with, after straining through a shirt, simmering down that liquid to about half? None of the mescaline would be lost, right? Why couldn't you just simmer it all the way down to an ounce or so of thick goo? :/

OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Ayrios]
    #3183917 - 09/26/04 10:45 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I think most people boil it down to the size of a shot glass.

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: PinballWizard]
    #3183930 - 09/26/04 10:50 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Hopefully it'll be cool then. I'm not so worried about volume since I'm lining my mouth with benzocaine first :wink:

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
    #3183937 - 09/26/04 10:52 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

cactus goop is a horrible texture IMHO. i wouldn't want to see how nasty that would go down as 1 or 2 ounces. also, you don't want to shock the crap out of your central nervous system with something so powerful. the best is to just drink 1/2 of your supply...then wait about 30 minutes and get the rest down. the less sludgier the solution, the easier it is to get down...IMHO.

Edited by Psilostylin (09/26/04 10:55 PM)

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Psilostylin]
    #3183945 - 09/26/04 10:54 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I plan on doing half and half. I froze my cup it froze evenly... Then I just got it out to put it in a hot water bath to thaw (not directly of course) and the thing had molded into a mountain shape :P now my liquid is the green goop and big chunks of brown snot. Mmm...

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

#3185586 - 09/27/04 10:18 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Note that the benzocaine did NOT HELP. Fucking vile... Just vile. I should start coming up in 30 minutes.

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #3185704 - 09/27/04 11:15 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

make a trip report and submit it when you finish, detailing everything from prep to comedown :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: blink]
    #3185726 - 09/27/04 11:29 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

T+ 2h: feels like a weak roll... I'll post a trip report tonite if it works out well. If it doesn't work out? I'll post my disappointment report :P

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

#3185826 - 09/27/04 12:20 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Yep. 16" x 3" wasn't enough... I must have a shitty cactus. The stimulation remains. I just smoked a bowl and it didn't bring out anything else... :frown: :frown: :frown:

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

#3185998 - 09/27/04 01:20 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Yucky amphetamine comedown feeling :frown:

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
    #3188590 - 09/27/04 11:01 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

that's a shame..maybe next time

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Psilostylin]
    #3190762 - 09/28/04 10:34 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

It says in my instructions to take 20-30 minutes to drink the potion. Also there is no way to boiled a pound and a half of pulp into a shot glass amou7nt. Yu have to take your time drinking the potion. IT is easy to swallow a gulp of liquid than to chew peyote buttons or even the San pedro.

Remember, somewhere in the past, an indian in Peru or ecuador had to consume a large amount of this cactus fopr survival or who knows what to even find that the cactus had something in it that made one percceive what they saw so brilliantly.

mj

And when boiling a gfood dose of 1 to one and a half pounds you are always going to have a large ball of pulp as seen in my photos. IT is impossible to make that into a one shot glass of juice.

Even if you did, you should still take a half an hour to di rink that amount.

mj

Offlinewhitegreyhat
Huge

Loc: Northeast USA
    #3458831 - 12/07/04 10:44 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

what if you have dried Pedro can you use the same procedure? as described for the fresh? please help..............

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: whitegreyhat]
    #3458849 - 12/07/04 10:51 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

MJ addressed this question in a previos post in this same thread i believe.

You can use, fresh, you just have to use more water.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: neuro]
    #3461736 - 12/07/04 10:40 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

you can use dried, you just have to use more water- he means.

not trying to be pompous, just that was confusing.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: John]
    #3461772 - 12/07/04 10:50 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

If its already dried you can also try an a/b mesc extraction.

Edited by Gr0wer (12/07/04 10:50 PM)

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: John]
    #3462426 - 12/08/04 01:06 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

John said:
you can use dried, you just have to use more water- he means.

not trying to be pompous, just that was confusing.

ROFL! I fucked that up. Yes i meant dry.

For the record: you can use dry, just have to use more water.

That tricky wording in the earlier post was the result of  :spliff: :spliff: :spliff: :spliff:

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #3466904 - 12/08/04 09:28 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I boiled it down that much. It is counter productive because the stuff gets so thick its more like syrup or slime and is harder to get down for that reason.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #3466980 - 12/08/04 09:41 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Definately. When it boils down too far, I start to worry that not enough will come out in the filtering step anyway. Not sure if its reasonable.

But I made 19" into 2 cups. Sure its a bitch to drink but it would've been tougher if it was any thicker at all. It sat around for quite a while, and the consistancy remained. Nothing settled to the bottom. Although I did shake it, it would've been fine not doing so. The last sip was almost the same as the first..

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #3467056 - 12/08/04 09:53 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I'll be sure to follow your lead next time. That batch, I couldn't even get the last bit down because it was kind of glued in the glass.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Offlinefr33dom
peyote grower

#3580940 - 01/04/05 08:22 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

nice job g

--------------------
-= Follow the white rabbit =-

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: fr33dom]
    #3581668 - 01/04/05 10:58 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

You guys crack me up so i will share a secret with you.

Quote:

I once bought some powdered water. But i didn't know what to put in it.

mj

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
    #4026241 - 04/07/05 02:50 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

ok I have to save this one, nice work mj. Can't you just extract the mater with an acid then and some base to balance the ph as the same method.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Fluxburn]
    #4026595 - 04/07/05 04:03 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

I'm glad this one's back up because I tried Ecstaza's method with the everclear and it rocked, only i realized that Pedros aren't nearly as strong as Perus, but for the extra ten bucks, one takes the distilled evapped remaining few tablespoons of high yield gum and I personally drink it in strong coffee and that takes care of all the problems. It's bitter, but the coffee is a great compliment. The warmth makes the mescaline respond better. You see this rainbow swirl on your coffee's surface that has a face in it, oh that's your face.

--------------------
...or something

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: eve69]
    #4026644 - 04/07/05 04:12 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

No offence MJ because you fucking rock!

--------------------
...or something

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #4027695 - 04/07/05 07:51 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

This is also posted at:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_preparation5.shtml

in a ione page format with clarity.

mj

InvisibleAnubis
Time Traveller
 User Gallery

Loc: Durango, Colorado Flag
    #4038074 - 04/10/05 07:52 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

Ok Mj, I've got a question for you. You say that it is best to drink the resulting "tea" while still warm, but what is the benefit of this? Is it truly necessary?

The predicament I am in dictates that I make the "tea" as soon as possible, but hold off on ingesting it till a later date (about a week). Will it matter if I make it and stick the stuff in a fridge?

--------------------
"Always pull up survey stakes, anywhere you find them. Anywhere."
-- Edward Abbey

Home Sweet Home: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs316.snc4/41134_1575150945077_1424696117_31559183_3782033_n.jpg

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Anubis]
    #4038854 - 04/10/05 11:27 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

I have been fo doing it that s way since the 1970s. I spend 3-5 hours or so in prepaprration and then i am ready to journey. I have never saved it int he ice box for later use.

Since fresh shrooms can last 5-7 days int he vegetabole door side of the fridge I suppose you could cook it and save it for later. I have never done so. Except fot he use of the blennder, I try to do it as the Indgenous peoples use it. which is tor prepare all day long and then do it when it is ready.

have a shroomy day

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
    #4043340 - 04/12/05 12:34 AM (16 years, 15 days ago)

did this tek, ended up with a snotty goop. yeah, i was like, what the fuck am i supposed to do with this shit. well, threw it in a dehydrator till it was completely dry, grounded it up in a mortar and pestle till i got ~10g of crystals. well, i tried pillforming it, but i ended up with a shitload of pills, so i through a little back in some water to see how quickly it would turn back to snot. it retained about 80% of its crystal form, meaning i could easily throw all the stuff in a small milkshake and down it before it turned back into snot.

i seriously dont know how any could eat that snot, but there is the alternative to consuming perhaps one of the most discusting things in the world.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Abermelin]
    #4047880 - 04/12/05 11:20 PM (16 years, 14 days ago)

Well one can clearly see that you have never cheewed buttons of peyote.

A swallow of San Pedro is very easy to do. If you want to see gross tasting drinks then watch the Fear Factor when contestants drink milkshakes of grubworms and their feces. Cow urine and bilge for money. NExt to those, the San Pedro Potion is very drinkable.

San pedro is cooked a into a tea by those who take it serously and for reasons other than getting high (The indegenous peoples of Peru and Ecuador).

The taste is part of the experience and it is not hard to swallow a gulp and not touch your tongue to the top bridge of your mouth. Thus no taste buds are affected, but chewing 4-6 buttons of peyyote, although smaller, would make you retch and puke and that would be a bitch. It is eay to boil a dose to down to 8 ounces of liquid.

If you followed the instructions in the pictorial and had strained it with a cloth he way I showed in the pictorial then you would have nothing but the liquid. And I showed the container a with about ten ounces of liquid. 2 ounces less than a coka cola.

And ten grams of crystals?

A one gram (1,000 milligrams) of mescaline sulfate is 2-5 doses. A half a gram of mescaline sulfate (500 milligrams) is a clinical dosage. That is one half gram of crystals.
There is no way you would have ten grams of crystals of from a one dose cacti of San Pedro. Because only three to five hundred milligrams are in a one to one and a half pound foot-long section of the cactus.

Anyway, you need to learn to read the whole pictorial and then you would not have had any glob of goo.

After you strain the cacti in the cloth, you throw the ball of pulp into the garbage. The only thing remaining in the blender at that time is the liquid. Not snotty goop.

mj

Offlineneutroncore
Stranger
    #4455414 - 07/26/05 02:22 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hi there mj,

First of all my thanks to you for producing such a thorough pictorial and all your efforts in this post, to help guide people!

Yesterday I tried to follow your guide, using approximately 490 grams of San Pedro, fresh. One part was a cutting from a larger cactus, another was from a smaller one, which used all of it except for the root, which we will try to grow back!

Your guide suggests using 1-1&1/2 pounds, which is 453.59 grams. So from the outset, we used only about enough for one person (since this potion was split between two). The reason we used so little, was because of other web pages which suggested that 490 grams would produce around twice the threshold dose ...

I suggest that this is the main reason why we didn't really trip, although we had a beautiful, unforgettable experience and really enjoyed it. About 3 hours after ingesting the potion over 30 mins as you advise, we felt tingles, warmth and later waves of euphoria, giggles and some visuals with our eyes closed, and few visuals with them open. This is not bad going considering we might have done a half recommended dose each. We may also have had a weak cactus or two. One cactus was from the UK, another from the US.

Your guide is, as I said, great, however the part we really got wrong I think, was following the bit where you suggest:

"pour the mixture into a large cooking pot of at least 3-5 quarts of water."

By this, we mistook you for meaning "pour the mixture into the 8 quart pot, filled with 3-5 quarts of water. Of course a quart is almost a litre, and we used a pot of roughly 8 quarts, and another one slightly smaller, and did two boil downs of roughly equal liquid and cactus quantities (although one started with more cactus and liquid in proportion, and we levelled them up later, not knowing how much it would want to boil over).

This took almost 8 hours to boil down, as we kept the water on a very gentle simmer (we didn't want to go over the mescaline boiling point of 180 degrees centigrade). I notice you boil a bit harder than this, do you know whether this makes a difference?

We also added the juice of 2 lemons according to other reports this helps extract to soluble form.

Could I confirm that you recommend using 1 cup of water for every cup of cactus solid, and that this is the only water you start boiling with (optionally adding more if you want to boil it down for longer)?

This part is a little confusing for me:

"After blending each cup of cactus and blending you will pour it one cup at a time into the blender., blend and then pour the mixture into a large cooking pot of at least 3-5 quarts of water."

Can you clarify whether you mean this:

After blending each cup of cactus and corresponding cup of water into the blender, and once the whole cactus is in the blender, pour this mixture into a cooking pot which is able to contain at least 3 quarts of water.

Can you also clarify whether in this part:

"(4): Cook on a slow low heat until the mixture is even. Once you have blended this mixture into a pot to boil, the cactus pulp is separated from the water and sits on top of the mixture (fig. 14). "

You mean:

Cook on a slow low heat until the mixture is evenly separated, with the water below, and the cactus pulp sitting on top of the water.

If so, I think that after giving it a trial run, we are ready to buy more cactus and try this out properly.

I hope you will not be in any way upset at my questions, I thoroughly enjoyed following your instructions and simply want to ensure that I am following your steps correctly :smile:

Thanks again for taking the time to post this guide, and helping us to sample one of the wonders of nature!

Best wishes

RB  :cool:

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

#4517766 - 08/10/05 12:38 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
It is impossible to eat the whole cati. It taste horrible when fresh the same as Peyote to most people.
mj

Ah, I did it a couple of times. There's a trick to eating fresh cacti. You spine it, skin it, core it, and then slice it into thin strips and let them mostly dry out but not entirely. They lose about 70 percent of their volumn. Then you cram them into your pie hole and chew furiously while gagging, swallowing it with cherry juice or coke.

It's pretty rough. Definitely one for Fear Factor.

--------------------
...or something

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

#4517800 - 08/10/05 12:48 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

From Erowid

*crudites st. pierre*
slice raw, peeled cactus into sticks. eat like "bitter cucumber spears". add salt, lime-juice and chopped cilantro to taste. this is, so far, my method of choice, partly because it is so minimalist.

*ensalada de nopalitos*

to each 4 oz of peeled, chopped raw cactus add 2 Tbs good-quality cider vinegar, and let stand in the refrigerator for at least an hour. add chopped parsely to taste. this is the second-best tasting recipe.

*nopales asados*

fry raw, peeled cactus strips in extra-virgin olive oil over medium- high heat, until the sharp edges brown, and small golden-brown blisters rise up on the faces. this ties for second best-tasting. the white tissue, in particular, has an underlying quality of sweetness that is brought out by frying, and the contrast of the crispness with the now-gelatinous interior is rather nice. serve lightly salted.

Hahahhaha.... God luck....

--------------------
...or something

OfflineNightProwler
Male

#4535902 - 08/15/05 12:14 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

how much raw, undried san pedro cactus would i have to force down my throat in order to have a nice trip?

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: NightProwler]
    #4537686 - 08/15/05 01:42 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I prepared two doses, from growing potted cactus to tea, in 2 hours, 30 minutes flat. And ended up having a religious experience, truly a medicine. This tek is wonderful, thanks again MJ.

--------------------

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: NightProwler]
    #4538190 - 08/15/05 03:47 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

NightProwler said:
how much raw, undried san pedro cactus would i have to force down my throat in order to have a nice trip?

Oh God, don't even bother.

Giving head to a whole gang of bikers would be easier.

But about a pound if you just take the skinned green part and as you said, it's raw. Yeah, a pound of green part if it's raw.

But if you're going to do this then dry it out for a few hours even and it loses a lot of the water weight.

I'm not suggesting the Biker comparison. Hehe.

--------------------
...or something

Offlineneutroncore
Stranger
    #4808386 - 10/15/05 07:47 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

lmao!

did another one and it was mind blowing .. 2 feet of cacti about 2.5 inches wide ... boiled for about 4-5 hours using mj's method, then drank about a pint of goop between 3 - foul as fuck but carpets swirled, music sounded absolutely bonkers and I found the most insane patterns in another carpet ... it had hieroglyphics and weird monk statues poking out of it!

burnout 3 on ps2 was spellbinding, especially with the mad crash time effect. Weird sounds man.

I made a captain's log, here's what went through my brain:

Here are the thoughts I had, I hope you enjoy reading.

First of all, listening to the sounds of the Ambient Amazon, we felt compelled to speak to Tony Byrne, who was deep in the Amazon. After 12 times, someone in the group knew all about "the zone".

On Burnout 3: "It's like having your own bizarre chaotic synthesizer controlled by a virtual car.

Hap a striky balance.

Tidy Presents the SOUND OF EXTREME SHUNTING.

Luke vs Obi Wan - Lightsabre Duel (synth guitars), Yoda on Banjo, Chewbacca on Drums. Luke "Eh I'm trying to get some sleep around here like". Copyright cactus man 2005.

Sounds like we're in a huge dwarf hall, listen to a small tape recorder.

If I can see all the way round a donut, I must be able to see infinity.

Dark blobs of Lizard Skin - $20, selling on ebay.

Stephen Hawking reminds me of a dutch robot.

The cod is like 3D against the pumpkins.

Cod, fish fingers, peas, chips, gravy, garlic bread, ciabatta bread, water.

Selecting from the menu, sending your minions into battle.

The notebook used by waiters should now be called, "guest pallette".

Put that up your pope and smite it.

Mothpit something moshpit moth.

Moth extra - 25p.

Spent 30 minutes talking to a moth.

Carpet has many patterns - there really IS a pattern.

Deep valleys.

Warspite.

Tea, Pipes, Yoghurt and Mescaline.

Brain in a jar, soaked with cocaine (anon). In the future.

Surfing on a rod of molten mars bars.

That's some serious LIVE bio-shit boy.

I had to sit in a darkened room at the start, sick feeling but felt amazing, I had to dance! Extreme Euphoria somehow so hectic, but made us keep going.

Manhunt so violent and grotesque, but the on screen scanlines were the hardest thing to stomach, not the glass shard death scenes.

The carpet - the rug swirled so much, and the salvador dahli - the baby and the breathing wall. The walls breathed, it was like a magic eye picture.

Deep up my ass.

Euphoria.

OfflineTrunkspace
Televangelist

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: neutroncore]
    #4809523 - 10/16/05 01:58 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I just had my first pedro experience using this method. The taste was one of the most bitter things I've ever experienced, but the experience was phenomenal.

--------------------

OfflineVagisil
Stranger
Male

Loc: Inside your head
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Trunkspace]
    #8794062 - 08/19/08 05:35 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i wish there was still pictures up. i am new to san pedro and am considering making a brew. if you cut a 2 feet piece from a cactus plant. do you use one side or the whole thing? and would that be a dose for 1 person?

--------------------
I am the needle in your vein
I am the high you can't sustain
I am the pusher I'm a whore
I am the need you have for more

Offlineneutroncore
Stranger
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: Vagisil]
    #8794411 - 08/19/08 09:42 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Try Erowid:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_preparation5.shtml

This also has more pics.

http://www.zen-articles.com/Trichocereus_Cacti

When you say one side, do you mean one half of your two foot cutting?

I think it really depends on the cactus and your cooking method - and a foot cutting can be several inches in diameter, or less - weight is probably a better measuring method. However, a piece a foot long, 4 inches wide should be plenty - given correct cooking and a quality cactus.

Quote:

Vagisil said:
i wish there was still pictures up. i am new to san pedro and am considering making a brew. if you cut a 2 feet piece from a cactus plant. do you use one side or the whole thing? and would that be a dose for 1 person?

Offlinedlynn
Stranger

#22597402 - 12/01/15 02:41 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for sharing your knowledge :laugh:

Invisiblelowgear
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Loc: Somewhere between my Mind...
    #23645876 - 09/14/16 11:28 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

As I understand it- the lemon or lime juice is a safer method than using stronger more dangerous types of acid. I've read that citric acid or sour salt can be used as well. I think for alot of people it's best to stick to foodgrade ingredients as much as possible.

Invisiblepenker
Stranger

Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: lowgear]
    #23646200 - 09/15/16 01:46 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

I thought necroing is discouraged....

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Re: Exclusive Pictorial: How To Prepare San Pedro (Photos) [Re: penker]
    #23646494 - 09/15/16 05:31 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

I wonder if John is going to come rampaging in on the wings of lawyers to get this thread shut down. What a clown this guy is, I'm so glad he's gone.

--------------------

InvisibleMostly_HarmlessM
wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Perfidious Albion Flag
    #23646502 - 09/15/16 05:31 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
extraction threads now go here >> https://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/92

Jump to top. Pages: | Last >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Banisteriopsis Caapi, Dehydrator, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Hot Plate, Morning Glory Seeds, pH Test Strips, Pressure Cooker, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden