Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Normal fruiting cycle? (PICS)
    #5502269 -

Hello,...

This is my first attempt for the cultivation of Psilocybe Cubensis "Blue Meanie" and am looking for advice in relation to my layout and design. I have a TiT method that has a temperature set at the fruiting temp of 74F, with a water bubbler that is used on occasions. I've noticed that if I have it in constant use, that the humidity dries up.
Is a bubbler helpful at all??..

Each day, (depending upon requirements) I spray the chamber to help raise the humidity which I do after I fan the chamber for 10-15 minutes. I fan the chamber twice daily,.. do I need more FAE??

I'm restricted to the number of fannings a day due to university hours... The mycelium trays have had a light spray, but how much is enough?..

Also the length of lighting times is set to 10 hours per day,.. is this way too much?... or just about right?... A 36watt power compact flouro is used on a timer..

It is now day 4 and am wondering when (roughly) will pins form?... I've noticed that some of the surface mycelium has turned a blue tinge and am wondering if that is normal or not...

As you can see, I have a few questions and any help will be appreciated... Please view the images as they may help... I don't want to make my first attempt a disaster by over doing something or to lack in something else...

Btw: the lid is a clear plexi-glass taken off while I snaped these images... also I used rye grain to spawn the trays of coco-coir & vermiculite...







whisperz,...


--------------------
Life is but a dream that we wake up from...

Edited by whisperz (04/11/06 04:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation advice sought [Re: whisperz]
    #5502281 -

Here's my advice if you're living in a University dorm room.

Read this

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5488707#Post5488707


--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation advice sought [Re: HippieChick]
    #5502292 -

HippieChick

G'day,... no, it is elsewhere with privacy... thanks for the link anyhow...


--------------------
Life is but a dream that we wake up from...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation advice sought [Re: whisperz]
    #5502396 -

Bump..

Come on guyz,... does it look like I'm on track or does it look otherwise?... at day 4 and nothing yet,... am I spraying too much?, not enough FAE?.. or maybe something else?...


--------------------
Life is but a dream that we wake up from...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation advice sought [Re: whisperz]
    #5502455 -

It looks pretty darn good to me. 

The only way to accuratly tell humididty lecels is going to be by using a hygrometer. Get yourself a thermometer/hygrometer. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation advice sought [Re: whisperz]
    #5502465 -

the one one the right looks like its overlaying u should read hyphys pinning stratagy it may help.. u acctully might have to scrap it..the one on the left looks nice though ..if it were mine id put some saran wrap on em and throw em in the fridge for about 5 hrs... as long as your fridge dosnt freeze stuff ... also id put light on for 12 hr imo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Normal fruiting cycle? (PICS) [Re: whisperz]
    #5502626 -

Sorry , fell asleep :grin:

They look GREAT.

It's only been 4 days, be patien. It can take between 7-9 days to get fruit. Keep up the FAE, fanning as much as possible, try to keep the temps between 70-76 and the humidity between 85-82% and wait for things to happen.

Check into the mono tub if you don't already have holes with polyfil in your comyainer :thumbup:

All in all , your parameters seem real good. Just be PATIENT :wink:

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:


--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Normal fruiting cycle? (PICS) [Re: HippieChick]
    #5502660 -

yeah wait dont do anything hasty, my first casing pinned on day 7 in Fruiting chamber,7-9 is normal i hear >) GL


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Cultivation Advice Falco 603 7 10/26/04 04:53 PM
by cougercruiser
* Next step cultivation advice TrippingBillies 759 2 04/11/02 06:22 AM
by ParticleMan
* Post deleted by Administrator
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Alien 26,639 72 08/26/02 07:55 AM
by kingkc
* Humidity / Hygrometers MushroomFriend 724 3 10/31/04 10:00 PM
by Tripster
* Brazilian needs some advice in cultivation. Lazaris 2,592 10 09/16/22 12:19 AM
by bigfootscreepyuncl
* hygrometer - digital versus analog kukusz 1,257 5 05/31/03 09:20 AM
by kukusz
* Hygrometer info, please read angryshroom 1,513 9 02/09/02 01:09 AM
by Anno
* upcoming grow overview - help/advice needed Damn 741 4 01/16/04 02:25 PM
by thechemist

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
813 topic views. 22 members, 108 guests and 213 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.