Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

shpongle rocks!
    #5485610 - 04/06/06 08:08 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

ok the cd - are you shpongled

song number 6

goes something like....

"dmt tmd dmt tmd dmt...."

"devine moments of truth, devine moments of truth..."

then i cant make out the rest yet....

in that trippy voice... man what a message!

i have also recently just started to read DMT:the spirit molecule by rick strassman. im only to the second chapter... and my god life/human body/mind = the greatest machine ever created... it is so damn interesting.

--------------------
"When I'm on LSD and hearing something that's pure rhythm, it takes me to another world and into anther brain state where I've stopped thinking and started knowing" - Kevin Herbert

"Psychedelics let you see the world through a child's eye."

"Experience the liquid realm..."

"The evolution of mankind is in the alteration of consciousness" - Dr. Albert Hofmann

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: AaAaAaAa
Re: shpongle rocks! [Re: agoutihead]
    #5485765 - 04/06/06 09:07 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Shpongle is pretty awesome shit. I have all of their cds except for the remix album. Last night I tripped and listened to damn near everyone of their songs. It was really bad assed.

~Peace Out

--------------------
Monotub #3 - check out my best grow to date!!!!

Offlineswampthing
audioboy

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: shpongle rocks! [Re: kungpow]
    #5485820 - 04/06/06 09:23 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

yah,i like the vocodered, low res pitch correction indian/arabic singing thoroughly

(and the I Am The Walrus mahsup)

--------------------
-------------------
peace with everystep

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: shpongle rocks! [Re: swampthing]
    #5486224 - 04/06/06 11:32 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Chucumba is the song name.

that books awesome. wait till you get to the "I survived .04" t-shirt ideas... lol that always cracks me up.
some of the trip reports in the book are crazy... getting fucked by alligators? lol

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: shpongle rocks! [Re: CptnGarden]
    #5486345 - 04/06/06 12:04 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

InvisibleFunkyLoFi
Existing

Re: shpongle rocks! [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5486492 - 04/06/06 01:01 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I personally prefer Infected Mushroom to Sphongle...I think Sphongle is over rated.  :sorry:

--------------------
All the people you knew were the actors

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: shpongle rocks! [Re: FunkyLoFi]
    #5486656 - 04/06/06 02:28 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i prefer a little more classical/symphonic to house/trance. anything with lots and lots of musical layers, but not necessarily and driving trance beat.

--------------------
i can speel... im just too lazy to sppelcheck.

My first trip (good read) - Speed Leaching Poo! - My Second Trip (with art)

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: shpongle rocks! [Re: rDr4g0n]
    #5486696 - 04/06/06 02:53 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Ya, I prefer jazz but shpongle are a new breed.......
Over rated? Well if you look in the right places they do seem almost worshiped. Over-rated, I think not. I think they deserve every bit of praise. As a jazz musician, I can admit they can be pretty wild and seperate of most electronic groups out there that I have heard. They will always be amazing. If you do not understand why so many people like them so much it is first of all, likely you are not a musician, and or secondly you didnt hear what those listeners had heard.
I think the saying "to be over-rated" is over-rated. lol
------------------------------------------------------------
lsd dmt, dmt tmd, dmt tmd, lsd(rest)dmt
lsd dmt, tmd dmt, I was hardly ready, lsd(rest)dmt
........Or atleast thats my interpretation of the riff, though there is no doubt they say "I was hardly ready", "lsd", and most importantly "dmt".

One of my fav parts of anything they have recorded. Its like a supercomputer spitting out numbers as words......

Fuckin genius..........

Edited by stemmer (04/06/06 02:57 PM)

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: shpongle rocks! [Re: stemmer]
    #5486705 - 04/06/06 02:57 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i love jazz. i play a wee bit of jazz sax. some classical oboe, punk guitar, and i can play a few tunes from final fantasy on piano. quite an eclectic mix eh?

--------------------

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: shpongle rocks! [Re: rDr4g0n]
    #5486722 - 04/06/06 03:06 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Thats cool as hell.

After using hallucinogens I discovered a talent that so few people have. The ability to play any song on any instrument. This is partly because as a kid I started on the sax and could read music.
I then moved to the guitar because I thought it was cool when I was a kid. I fell in love with that and the bass guitar. From there I realized I could play almost any instrument. I have become quite good at piano, drums, bass and guitar. I can thank psychedelics for that to some degree. There is no reason I should have understand the maths music involves so quickly. Improvisation is another story.
Thats partly why I come to this forum so often. Psychedelics opened up so many doors for me, some of which, even with music, the effects were VERY positive and beyond the norm.
Without boasting, most people consider me to be a musical genius. This is true to those people, because I just learn so fast and have done it without a lesson in my life besides the sax when I was about 12 years old.
There is no doubt some of this ability has to do with the massive doses I have taken for all the right reasons. Then again, a am a skilled visual artist and have been since a very young age. Still I am sure the maths music is made of would not be as apparent to me had I never used hallucinogens. Nor would I have the same inspired capasity to speak. Its all the same thing.
Frequencies on the head of a pin........

For me shpongle is so visual to the point that I do believe it is graphed out to some degree before the finished product. I mean those guys know how to make numerous cyclical gears that interact with each other at the same time etc.

Edited by stemmer (04/06/06 03:43 PM)

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #5486860 - 04/06/06 03:58 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

woah there mozart

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
    #5486879 - 04/06/06 04:07 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomieOfDoomie said:
woah there mozart

lol

i would be a musical genius, but i stopped learning and growing musically. i just got lazy. im one of those people who can pick up any instrument/computer/vcr/pda/video game and figure it out really quickly. if i had the drive, i could actually be a good programmer or musician, but im soooooo lazy...

i was kinda thinking about how i want to do so much, but i cant make myself work towards it. i suck. oh well... im too lazy to even finish typing out my train of thought on the whole matter.

--------------------

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Rewind
    #5486937 - 04/06/06 04:27 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

stemmer said:
Thats cool as hell.

After using hallucinogens I discovered a talent that so few people have. The ability to play any song on any instrument. This is partly because as a kid I started on the sax and could read music.
I then moved to the guitar because I thought it was cool when I was a kid. I fell in love with that and the bass guitar. From there I realized I could play almost any instrument. I have become quite good at piano, drums, bass and guitar. I can thank psychedelics for that to some degree. There is no reason I should have understand the maths music involves so quickly. Improvisation is another story.
Thats partly why I come to this forum so often. Psychedelics opened up so many doors for me, some of which, even with music, the effects were VERY positive and beyond the norm.
Without boasting, most people consider me to be a musical genius. This is true to those people, because I just learn so fast and have done it without a lesson in my life besides the sax when I was about 12 years old.
There is no doubt some of this ability has to do with the massive doses I have taken for all the right reasons. Then again, a am a skilled visual artist and have been since a very young age. Still I am sure the maths music is made of would not be as apparent to me had I never used hallucinogens. Nor would I have the same inspired capasity to speak. Its all the same thing.
Frequencies on the head of a pin........

For me shpongle is so visual to the point that I do believe it is graphed out to some degree before the finished product. I mean those guys know how to make numerous cyclical gears that interact with each other at the same time etc.

"They call me Mr. Knowitall
I am so eloquent.
Perfection is my middle name
And whatever rhymes with eloquent."

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: shpongle rocks! [Re: Abrainspot]
    #5486966 - 04/06/06 04:34 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

"They call me Mr. Knowitall
I am so eloquent.
Perfection is my middle name
And whatever rhymes with eloquent." -------> I was sure someone would say that just for fun or some shit......

I just thank psychedelics for accentuating my talents, sorry if I got on your nerves there dude. The truth can seem a bit pompous sometimes. Sorry for that too. Just trying to make a point.(good lord)

Oh ya and "you" a dick...... FFaaaaaaarrrtttttttttt..........

If it were not the truth would I say that? Well I could, but that would serve no purpose.

Edited by stemmer (04/06/06 04:39 PM)

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Rewind
    #5486982 - 04/06/06 04:38 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

No, that was just funny to read dude. Do you have any recordings on your comp? I'd like to hear

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: shpongle rocks! [Re: Abrainspot]
    #5486999 - 04/06/06 04:43 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Ever hear you enjoy myself by phish.....well I dont have that on my comp. But in my sophomore year of highschool I could recreate that song on a four track as a 4 piece band(piano bass, drums and guitar).
and thats a hard song to solo to/play the written parts...

Really I have no reason to boast. I just wanted people to realize how much psychedelics change your perception of music.

Im a very weird, person, and am very skilled in the arts, is that so funny. I dont think so. Its just the truth. Im a fucking freak of nature as far as I can tell, there is no reason my musical and artistic ability should be any different.

I am now a "senior" in college and if I could learn you enjoy myself on all four intruments as a sophomore in highschool without music schooling of some sort, ya you could say I am damn talented, close to any savant, and inspired during impovisation by mypsychedelic past to a great extent.
Its just the truth, I wouldnt make that up though you couldnt tell the difference if I had.

Edited by stemmer (04/06/06 04:55 PM)

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#5487031 - 04/06/06 04:53 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

you guys should try Shulman

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: shpongle rocks! [Re: indica]
    #5487041 - 04/06/06 04:57 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Shulman?

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #5487055 - 04/06/06 05:07 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

shulman isnt that good, Ozric Tentacles pwns shulman.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5487064 - 04/06/06 05:10 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Ozric Tentacles, hmmmmmmmm, I should buy an album because what I have heard live sounds like a million asses all firing at once.

Thats just me though. I am certain each and every musician is talented and skilled as can be. Thats why I should probably just buy an album...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order