Home | Community | Message Board

Myco.ca - Spores & Cultivation Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
second trip.. i still dont know what happened for the first 2 hours...
    #5499571 - 04/10/06 01:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

ive tripped once before. the first time i took 2.3g dry cubensis over the course of an hour. this time i took 2.3g at once. i closed my eyes, put a pillow over my face, hit play on my playlist, and started counting in my head (to focus and clear my mind).

as i counted, around 130 or so, i could feel something, not sure what, just something warping and swishing around like water. i heard some kid outside stomping around, and it faded away. with my eyes still closed, i started couting again. around 80 or so the sensation came back. i could feel a body high coming on; almost like i was floating. the music was still playing in the backgroud. I don't recall which songs were on at this point. as the body high intensified i began to feel like my body was coated in jello or pudding. i had a vision of a lady with wings floating over my body and pouring something out of a pitcher onto me. she smiled at me, then flew away.

beyond this, its all fragments of memories. i recall listening to sigur ros and thinking that they wouldnt hurt me. by that i mean, the music wouldnt scare me, or take me someplace bad. i marveled at the sheer amount of 'data' that could be transmitted through the music. i could see, hear, and feel so much from the music. the sounds in the music started to draw all sorts of stuff on the blackness i could see. i dont remember much of what i saw. i recall that i could actually feel the string section in sigur ros's 'staralur' tugging on my skin like a blanket being pulled across me.

another thought i had somewhere in there was that my concious normal mind was still there, functioning normally, but on top of it was another mind, which was mine also, but was the 'tripped out' mind. i was aware that the 'real' world was real and all that, but i couldnt really understand how it was real or how it worked. in fact, when i finally opened my eyes, it seemed like more of a dream that the reality that the music was painting for me.

i was finally getting totally sucked in, i could feel the new reality that was forming litterally wrapping around me; and the phone rang. great. my wife came in to check on me (she was in the other room doing homework). i closed my eyes again, and started counting. the reality completely enveloped me, almost like i left my body. i was playing around inside that space taht my body occupied on my couch. its kinda hard to describe, somewhat like an out of body experience, but inside my body. i dont remember much of it, i just know it was like i was frolicking around inside my body. stuff would appear and dissapear, and i lived in another place. it was like there was a whole new existance, a whole new set of rules, new physics, just a totally new world. i dont know if i was aware of myself at this point or not, so i dont know if this was actually ego loss.

i have one striking image in my mind that i dont understand at all. picture a blackness stretching as far as you can see. now imaging the outline of cells, but huge cells, barely visible in the darkness as shades of dark red, and crimson. suspended in this void was something long and thin, like an extremely stretched out diamond shape, but more sketchy. as i reflect on the image, the word that comes to mind is "singularity." i dont know waht it was or waht it meant.

the playlist i created included some music from godspeed you black emporer, and the 17 minute track 'east hastings' started to play. at the begning of that track is what seems to be an african guy with a heavy accent preaching aboout salvation. i couldnt understand a word he was saying. i remember thinking that it wasnt really someone talking a real language, but rather some warped gibberish the composer threw in there. besides the voice there was an ambient soundscape that made me envision a dry, dirty desertscape with middle eastern style mud buildings, and a crowd of natives wearing long, dirty, faded robes. the song pressed on and i dont remember anything untill the ending of the song hit. somewhere around here it started going bad.

i didnt know what was at the end of that track because i hadnt listened to all of it before the trip. theres about 5 minutes of extremely horrific soundscape (which is really cool when you arent tripping). i remember thinking 'this sounds pretty scary to be tripping to' and the image of a spike, like a scorpions tail was right in front of my face. i let my wife hear that part of the track after i sobered up and she said it was really creepy to listen to not tripping, and that she doesnt know how i made it out alive. i remember thinking about how sad and uncomfortable and scary it was, but that was how it had to be. i had taken the shrooms and this darkness and evilness was how it had to be and i had to deal with it for 5 hours. i accepted it, and i existed in that sadness for what turned out to be about an hour and a half. i cant remember much, just shades of gray, black, lines of pastel green and pastel blue... i wish i knew what happened. the only reason i know which songs were what was because after i sobered up i went through the playlist listening for cues that reminded me of events during the trip. it was severly disorienting, confusing, and basically just a TON of work to get through.

i awoke to the sound of the door to the other room opening. my wife came in to check on me. i dont remember what she said or what I said, but she went back to the room to continue her homework. i think i skipped whatever song was playing until a remix of a song from the super nintendo rpg final fantasy 6 came on. its a song we use on our alarm clock in the mornings. ironically this song is what aroused me from the negative state i had come to accept. this time my eyes were open, and i was looking around. i was laying on my couch, which is against a wall. the wall has 3 pieces of art that my wife created (i mentioned how cool they are in my first trip report). after a few minutes, the wall dissapeared, and the roof because transparent. all i could see around me was the couch i was on, and the pictures. everything was a dirty white with a random pastel green and blue line pattern floating all over the place. it was very neutral feeling, but pretty cool nonetheless. i sat up and flipped through my playlist looking for somethign happy. even the happy songs sounded dark to me.

i got up and walked to the room my wife was in, in hopes that something would change. at this point, i still felt that the sadness was necessary and couldnt be changed. i got in there and flopped on the bed. i dont remember what dialogue took place, but im sure it was something along the lines of her asking what i was doing and me telling her that it was really negative over there or something.

the room was lit, the music was happy, and my wife was there. i flopped on the bed and stared at the ceiling for a while. i described the effect in my other trip report also, but the the ceiling was absolutly crawling! it was so intense it was ridiculous! the room was breathing so very very hard; way more than my first trip. at this point i also noticed how bad my depth perception had become. the blanket right in front of me looked like it was on the other side of the room! i got up and my pillow looked like it was maybe an inch thick. the visuals were just ridiculously powerful, and my spirits finally lifted. i talked about all sorts of stuff to my wife, who was attempting to work through her calculus homework. i recall her commenting that i make 'good background noise' and me laughing hysterically.

i talked a lot and rolled around in the bed like a little puppy playing in a pile of leaves. i stared at a family guy calender we have with stewie on it. hes there in the middle of the page with concentric circles surrounding him; it was like he was trying to hynotize me. i thought it was so funny because hes the kind of person that would do that sort of thing. Theres also a painting my wife did on the front of her dresser of a lady with huge white wings sitting beneath a tree in a field of colored flowers. as i stared at the painting the flowers seemed to smile and spin, while the tree grew and shrank. the ladies wings began to grow, almost appearing to flutter. i asked my wife who she was. "I dont know" was her reply, but to me a woman that beautiful could only have been her...

i began to feel so overwhelmingly happy. i was thinking 'its ridiculous that i feel this good.' i even thought that maybe im never happy at all. i started thinking about what a negative person i am, how im overweight and not very attractive, etc. the thing is that stuff is mostly true, so its not just the self depricating thoughts of some 14 year old goth kid lol. even though i had these thoughts, the trip didnt get bad at this point. it just kept chugging along for what seemed like forever.

my wife noticed how huge my pupils were and took some pics. i dont really think they looked that big, but she said its cuz i was looking into the light or something. the hilarious thing was i told her she reminded me of a tree! it was so funny because she looked like some sort of dryad or nymph or something. her hair was all poofy cuz she just got out of the shower, and her skin is pretty dark, almost like tree bark. she was a beautiful tree. there is an image in my head of her drawn in the style of some of the guerillaz artwork. ive been trying to reproduce it, but alas, my art skill is limited to photoshop.

a few other things that happened during this experience. i recall seeing the colors in my wifes shirt changing to a soloraized pallete! thats basically a negative image, and is really hard to explain, but it was extremely trippy and unnatural. it seemed to only occur on the shadows and fold in her shirt. the corner where the wall meets the ceiling was glowing unnaturally brightly and had purple lines coming off of it occasionally. during this time i also had some EXTREME audio flanging. the songs i was listening too would flange, pitch shift, chorus, even repeat themselves when they were supposed to. the background noise in the room wove together like a milllion metal cicadas chipping. it wasnt exactly noisy or loud, but it was quite audible. this time there wasnt much of the multicolor rainbow effect i experienced previously. i did get some mild tracers. i could wave my arm in the air and a few seconds later a shadow of my arm would swing by. it wasnt full craziness tracers, but was still pretty nifty. occasionally i would see bright spots of neon purple or green floating in the air. i also experienced numbing of lips, heavy breathing, and a pretty bad back ache the whole time.

i finally got up and took a shower. when i stepped in the shower, for some reason everything that was blue became very bright, while everything else became relativly sedated. it was an odd experience. as i showered i looked down at my feet and they appeared to be getting farther and farther away. the sound of the water running was warped and shifted and sound almost like aliens talking.

i went into this trip wanting to learn something, and i dont know if i have or not. i had a powerful positive afterglow for a day or so that was great (though the ridiculously strong headache wasnt). it made me want to smile more and be nicer to people, and hug people and admire the beauty and art in simple things. at one point i was thinking 'theres nothing to learn here, im just twisting my brain in knots' but now im not so sure that thats true.

any insight into what happened would be appreciated.

--------------------
i can speel... im just too lazy to sppelcheck.

My first trip (good read) - Speed Leaching Poo! - My Second Trip (with art)

Edited by rDr4g0n (04/11/06 10:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineDrGeek
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: second trip.. i still dont know what happened for the first 2 hours... [Re: rDr4g0n]
    #5503972 - 04/11/06 05:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, that sounds pretty intense, I've never had such strong visuals. Since you got a nice afterglow, I wouldn't say there's nothing to be learned from the experience, although I have had a few trips where I didn't really gain anything from it.

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: second trip.. i still dont know what happened for the first 2 hours... [Re: DrGeek]
    #5504106 - 04/11/06 05:30 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i dunno if its my strain or what.. but the visuals are pretty strong. its PESA grown on poo...

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: second trip.. i still dont know what happened for the first 2 hours... [Re: rDr4g0n]
    #5505240 - 04/11/06 10:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

how did you make them pictures? seen "those" before..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: second trip.. i still dont know what happened for the first 2 hours... [Re: Gomp]
    #5505344 - 04/11/06 10:28 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
how did you make them pictures? seen "those" before..

photoshop and about 4 hours at work lol. we werent busy today. i have a few more images in my mind and i may make some more.

what was your experience with those like? maybe itll help me understand or remember what happened.

--------------------

Edited by rDr4g0n (04/11/06 10:28 PM)

OfflineRadioethiopia
Stranger and Stranger
Male

Loc: South Texas
    #5506467 - 04/12/06 04:13 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I think what happened is that you had a great trip, off what I would consider a relatively low dose - relative, at least, to the effects you're describing.

Your visuals are fairly familiar. I tend to get more of a purple, brown and green color scheme with more rounded patterns, but not as different as you might think from my description.

And honestly, I didn't really start learning the important things until I learned how to trip, by tripping many times (not too many times close together - that always ended badly) and by getting to where I could handle heavy, level 4 and 5 trips (which I've since backed away from). But that's just me, do what you want. My recommendation is to continue to trip, if it fits into your life and you enjoy it. If you can learn nothing beyond what the experience is, would you be satisfied?

--------------------
happy bear eats the family.

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: second trip.. i still dont know what happened for the first 2 hours... [Re: Radioethiopia]
    #5506849 - 04/12/06 08:52 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Radioethiopia said:
I think what happened is that you had a great trip, off what I would consider a relatively low dose - relative, at least, to the effects you're describing.

Your visuals are fairly familiar. I tend to get more of a purple, brown and green color scheme with more rounded patterns, but not as different as you might think from my description.

And honestly, I didn't really start learning the important things until I learned how to trip, by tripping many times (not too many times close together - that always ended badly) and by getting to where I could handle heavy, level 4 and 5 trips (which I've since backed away from). But that's just me, do what you want. My recommendation is to continue to trip, if it fits into your life and you enjoy it. If you can learn nothing beyond what the experience is, would you be satisfied?

i dont think im ever satisfied...

--------------------

OfflineRadioethiopia
Stranger and Stranger
Male

Loc: South Texas
    #5507151 - 04/12/06 11:06 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

What I meant was: The only reason you believe you can learn something from the psychedelic experience is because those who have done it tell you so. But they can't teach you what they've learned. For 99% of it, you have to do it yourself. If you trip, say, 50 times and still don't feel you've learned anything (now that you've tripped a couple times you can answer this fairly accurately) are you going to be upset that you wasted so much time doing drugs, or are you going to look back at the experiences fondly, with nostalgia?

--------------------
happy bear eats the family.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: second trip.. i still dont know what happened for the first 2 hours... [Re: Radioethiopia]
    #5507347 - 04/12/06 12:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I find that I learn the most from the trip - long after the trip is over. Mushrooms can be such a head-twister and bring up so many thoughts/ideas/feelings at the time that are confusing, that you dont really start to get much from it untll your head sort of untwists a bit.

Also, its really upto the tripper to sort of make the 'first step' in the thought proccess. I've found that generally speaking, I tend to 'get more' from a trip, if my intent on the trip isnt to get much from it.

I've had a few trips where I've wanted to have a 'deep meaningful trip' and tried to force it - and all it ended up being, was me being high for a few hours and not getting anything from it.

However, if I'm tripping 'just because', and plan on listening to music, going to a party, hanging out with friends - often events going on during the trip, will then start to trigger a train of thought - which I then follow down and learn something from.

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
    #5507822 - 04/12/06 01:52 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Radioethiopia said:
What I meant was: The only reason you believe you can learn something from the psychedelic experience is because those who have done it tell you so. But they can't teach you what they've learned. For 99% of it, you have to do it yourself. If you trip, say, 50 times and still don't feel you've learned anything (now that you've tripped a couple times you can answer this fairly accurately) are you going to be upset that you wasted so much time doing drugs, or are you going to look back at the experiences fondly, with nostalgia?

ahh i understand. no i wont regret it. the trip itself is of course a ton of fun! i dont smoke or drink or anything like that. i wanted to do shrooms because i wanted a new perspective. my life is all about perspective and trying to see things through other peoples eyes. i find the more i can understand about people and the world around me, the better i can function within the world. i have a simple life, i work, i come home, i play games or do stuff on my pc, then i sleep. oh yeah i eat somewhere in there... and i poop.

seriously though, i find that i can learn a lot of things, anything, if i see if from a new perspective. mushrooms give me a new perspective to look at things from. for instance: music. when i tripped this time, it was my intention to put on music, close my eyes, and see where i go. im pretty sure i fell into a trance and existed in that foreign place that the music created for me. i saw firsthand how much information music can convey. the music was able to draw and animate an entire existance for me. i have a new respect for it as not a collection of notes and chords, but more like a painting.

so, no its not a waste. ive already learned stuff, and i want to learn more. im gonna keep going until i decide ive seen what i want to see (or until my wife gets pregnant lol).

kaniz: ive gone into my 2 trips expecting a lot and actually i havent been let down both times. i dont go in with a specific problem, i just go in wanting to see whats inside of me and what comes out, and i have seen taht.

--------------------

Edited by rDr4g0n (04/12/06 01:54 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale