Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

shpongle is ok i guess.
    #5433702 - 03/23/06 10:07 AM (18 years, 10 days ago)

i finally got my first sphongle cd yesterday... it cost me 30 US dollars... kind of a rip if you ask me. especially for only 7 songs.

it seems pretty cool an does use alot of different sounds in it that i like.

i smoked some weed and drove around and listened to the cd and when the cd was on i could "feel" the colors of stuff while i was driving alot more i.e. stop lights, business lights etc.

it was weird but it defintially puts you into a trance state.

im anxious to test it out on psychedelics.

--------------------
"When I'm on LSD and hearing something that's pure rhythm, it takes me to another world and into anther brain state where I've stopped thinking and started knowing" - Kevin Herbert

"Psychedelics let you see the world through a child's eye."

"Experience the liquid realm..."

"The evolution of mankind is in the alteration of consciousness" - Dr. Albert Hofmann

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Rewind
Re: shpongle is ok i guess. [Re: agoutihead]
    #5433765 - 03/23/06 10:19 AM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Get "Tales of the Inexpressible" its a lot better than "Are you Shpongled", imo. "Nothing Lasts...But Nothing is Lost" is good too, its basically one huge song

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: shpongle is ok i guess. [Re: Abrainspot]
    #5433808 - 03/23/06 10:30 AM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Shpongle is OK, but also find a little over-rated in the psychedelic community. It's almost as cliche as throwing on pink floyd, for some reason it gets under my skin when I see "...and then I put on some sphongle" - yeah, they are good, but at the same time, it feels like its popular because other people think its popular, and people are not taking the effort to go out and find other music which they like.

Now, not saying shpongle is bad - I used to love them years ago, and shpongle, and simon posfords other work does have a special place in my musical past :smile:

But, some other things to suggest in the goa/psy vein.

- Medicine Drum
- Juno Reactor
- Manmademan
- Nomos
- Bluetech
- Native Radio
- Neelix

You may also want to poke around on www.psyshop.com and www.saikosounds.com to listen to samples of new artists and see what you like.

You also may want to check out Istratrance CD Review Forums to read some CD reviews and find some new artists that you like, and check out various mixes/CDs over at the <a href="www.ektoplazm.com/audio" target="_blank">Ektoplazm</a> audio page.

Again, not saying Shpongle is bad, or not worth listening to - but there is just a much wider array of psychedelic trippy music in this world than Shpongle and Pink Floyd.

(*note: I also think Floyd has more talent in their guitar pics then most people could even hope to have a fraction of a dream of, so I dont mean to discount them - they are good, but just bugs me that I ALWAYS see his name in 90% of people trip reports kinda thing)

Edited by kaniz (03/23/06 10:31 AM)

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: shpongle is ok i guess. [Re: kaniz]
    #5434091 - 03/23/06 11:32 AM (18 years, 10 days ago)

i also got ahold of some shpongle. some of the songs are ok, but for psych stuff i think symphonic, eastern, and cool soundscapes are way more effective than trance and techno.

godspeed you black emporer has some very very cool soundscape-ish / slow rock / trippy stuff. also, if you want some AWESOME and potentially very frightening trip music, the music from all of the silent hill games is incredible. the composer is Akira Yamaoka, and her work is amazing. it goes from industrial-esque trance, to piano, to rock... check her stuff out if you can.

--------------------
i can speel... im just too lazy to sppelcheck.

My first trip (good read) - Speed Leaching Poo! - My Second Trip (with art)

OfflineTrippy_Search
I'm trippin' man
Male
Loc: TX
Re: shpongle is ok i guess. [Re: rDr4g0n]
    #5434102 - 03/23/06 11:35 AM (18 years, 10 days ago)

never heard of them and 30 bucks for a cd wow

--------------------

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: shpongle is ok i guess. [Re: rDr4g0n]
    #5434109 - 03/23/06 11:35 AM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Depends on the techno really. Sure, a set by Collabs isnt going to act as a gentle journy into the depths of your mind (still very good to listen to). But, something like some of Troy Pierces more minimal stuff, or releases on Border Community, or James Holden = - 1010 - are very very nice. 1010 is like, a song that encompases a life time - it takes you on a journey.

Troy Pierces sets, or Richie Hawtin DE9: Transitions, listening to those - its like a gentle massage for the mind, it ties in with the wavelenghts of your brain and its like a journy deep into yourself - even when sober its very trippy and 'trance enducing' (even though its not trance).

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

Re: shpongle is ok i guess. [Re: kaniz]
    #5434110 - 03/23/06 11:35 AM (18 years, 10 days ago)

i actually just recently got into pink floyd and i am really liking their style.

its like techno mixed with becks midnight vultures album but from the 60's. ive only really heard dark side of the moon.

i want to start at the begining of shpongle and work my way up.

its cool music, a bit over rate... actually the reason i got so interested in them is alex grey said at the symposium that they are the most psychedelic band... so i figured they gotta be cool.

i just cant wait to try them on psychedelics.

--------------------
"When I'm on LSD and hearing something that's pure rhythm, it takes me to another world and into anther brain state where I've stopped thinking and started knowing" - Kevin Herbert

"Psychedelics let you see the world through a child's eye."

"Experience the liquid realm..."

"The evolution of mankind is in the alteration of consciousness" - Dr. Albert Hofmann

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
    #5434118 - 03/23/06 11:37 AM (18 years, 10 days ago)

im telling ya. get Akira Yamaoka's work on teh silent hill games. you will go to another planet.

--------------------
i can speel... im just too lazy to sppelcheck.

My first trip (good read) - Speed Leaching Poo! - My Second Trip (with art)

OfflineTrippy_Search
I'm trippin' man
Male
Loc: TX
    #5434153 - 03/23/06 11:48 AM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

agoutihead said:
i actually just recently got into pink floyd and i am really liking their style.

its like techno mixed with becks midnight vultures album but from the 60's. ive only really heard dark side of the moon.

i want to start at the begining of shpongle and work my way up.

its cool music, a bit over rate... actually the reason i got so interested in them is alex grey said at the symposium that they are the most psychedelic band... so i figured they gotta be cool.

i just cant wait to try them on psychedelics.

yeah man pink floyd is magic best cds while shrooming is Saucerful Of Secrets, Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, Meddle.

--------------------

InvisibleaNeway2sayHooray
Cresley Wusher
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Orphic Trench
Re: shpongle is ok i guess. [Re: Trippy_Search]
    #5434195 - 03/23/06 12:07 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Shpongle is very good.It cost so much because of shipping from the UK

Check out

Younger brother-A flock of bleeps(also from twisted records)
shulman
grey area
entheogenic
Makyo
Digital Mystery Tour(D.M.T)

These are all very good.

--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

InvisibleJaeger
Dreamer
Re: shpongle is ok i guess. [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #5434227 - 03/23/06 12:19 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

$30 yikes.
Viva torrents!

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: shpongle is ok i guess. [Re: Jaeger]
    #5434868 - 03/23/06 03:02 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Its best to avoid coming to some conclusion about a band while listening to them in the car.

I have tried to listen to shpongle in the car, and it just doesnt convert well to typical car sterio, plus you are far from the right state of mind while driving, + the sound of the road.

I respect shpongle alot. I do think people all to often treat them like they are the gods of all psychedelic music, like Floyd.

Most of the people who think of floyd as the ideal tripping music are not even listening to their stuff from the 67-68, and almost certainly are not listening to their live stuff from that period.
Listening to any live version of INTERSTELLAR OVERDRIVE while using hallucinogens, is just incredible. Syd barret was a sloppy guitarest, and plays like a mad man. Its just about the most psychedelic thing I have ever heard. The original super-electrified jam-band.

I have a video of them live from this period, and its like the acid tests of the 60's. Everyone is all messed up on LSD and leary is roaming around in the crowd. They started throwing these music parties in barns. As you would imagine syd was all to often, on sid during those days.

Edited by stemmer (03/23/06 03:07 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom