Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVandenberg
journeyman
Loc: Australia
Which is easier to grow? Weed or Shrooms?
    #535467 - 01/30/02 12:02 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Considering 1 is a plant and the other is a fungus, what do you think i should grow? Time, Effort, Money? (Both are inside projects)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSir Tokes-A-Lot
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Which is easier to grow? Weed or Shrooms? [Re: Vandenberg]
    #535477 - 01/30/02 12:15 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

shrooms = easy

weed = much more cost effective (in many markets)

--------------------

"If god liked midgets, he woulda made 'em come on stilts."- ChemicalMonkey (The Early Years)

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #535480 - 01/30/02 12:17 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

WEED is much easier to grow period.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

InvisibleWakingUpLate
addict
Loc: Born on a mountain, Raise...
    #535506 - 01/30/02 12:48 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Apples vs. Oranges
Hell grow both!
Anybody ever tried draining thier co2 into a hydroponic
reefer patch? Seems like the buds would love it. I thought
about it but reefer plants smell so strong, especially skunk
weed. One thing, weeds need to grow 45 days before you
shorten the light cycle to make them bud. And they can spot
the heat from grow lights from the sky. Shrooms are really
fun to watch grow. When you get everything right they will
amaze you! And they will get you way higher. Plus, if you
have some stashed on you and encounter a drug dog, I don't
think dogs are trained to sniff out shrooms. I sound a little
bias don't I? Anyway, just my thoughts. Peace.

--------------------
The rest of those, who have gone before us,
cannot settle the unrest of those who follow.
(Finding Forrester)

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: Which is easier to grow? Weed or Shrooms? [Re: WakingUpLate]
    #535511 - 01/30/02 12:53 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

On a related subject.. Here is a link to a thread about growing weed and shrooms together:

WEED AND 'SHROOMS GROW CHAMBER
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum4&Number=373845&Search=true&Forum=Forum4&Words=weed&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=9999&Old=allposts&Main=373845

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

InvisibleWakingUpLate
addict
Loc: Born on a mountain, Raise...
Re: Which is easier to grow? Weed or Shrooms? [Re: Jammer]
    #535554 - 01/30/02 01:40 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Damn, they're wanting the two systems to support each other
which would be almost impossible to balance considering the
shrooms are there, then gone, then back again so often. But if
you were growing some weed in your basement, draining
some extra co2 though tubes from your terrarium sure
couldn't hurt.

--------------------
The rest of those, who have gone before us,
cannot settle the unrest of those who follow.
(Finding Forrester)

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God
    #535734 - 01/30/02 09:14 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I've grown both myself (sweet kb from cali and some pc from thiland) both were pretty easy but you need alot more sterlization for shrooms. weed needs at least 4 months to ready for harvest the plants don't reach full potential till then you can bud them but the harvest will be minimal compared to the harvest if you wait. you should grow both and make yourelf self-sufficent and say fuck all the dealers cause you will know your shit's the bomb and it will save major bucks.IMOP both are very easy to grow you just need to do yor research and read ALOT about them and then after trial and error you will be a GROWKING and all will bow to you

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #535746 - 01/30/02 09:39 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

My friend has grown both and it is a toss up.

Shrooms take a lot of work up front ensuring sterility, isolating growth, etc. Then you get to take a month off while they grow. Then its a lot of work again, birthing, watching for contaminates, picking the fruit, misting, fanning, etc.

Cannabis is a lot easier to start out... drop a seed in some soil and water it. However, to get a good product, you have to put time and effort in. Pull the male plants before they produce pollen. Change the nutrients as the plant matures to help budding. Light cycles, misting, humididy, those damn spider mites, etc etc etc.

Shroom growing is much less likey to grab unwanted attention. How many people go looking through the rubbermaid containers in your closet? When cannabis starts to flower it SMELLS powerful. If you live in an apartment or with other people, they will be able to tell something is up. You need a lot of light with Cannabis, which can be difficult to hide at night. The lights generate a lot of heat, which you have to vent, which can be detected by police using FLIR (forward looking infrared) from helecopters.

Finally, shrooms are much easier to clean up after harvest. You toss the used substrate into a trashbag and toss it. No worries. With cannabis, you have to get rid of root balls and stalks and stems and leaves. Nobody wants to dig through a bag of moldy cow shit looking for evidence, or would know what they are looking at for that matter. A trash bag of cannabis leaves and root balls is pretty easy to identify once opened.

All in all, my friend would guess they are about the same in difficulty if you are growing a good product. Both have their own unique challenges. If you are worried about avoiding notice, shrooms are the way to go. If nobody is going to notice or care what you grow, then both are fair game.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineSThomas
enthusiast
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Re: Which is easier to grow? Weed or Shrooms? [Re: Seuss]
    #536369 - 01/30/02 09:12 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I have a lot more experience growing weed and poppies. Weed is the easiest by far...if you just use soil and flouros. I have had three grows in the past year with the weed, very good yield, with minimal effort...they are weeds after all. But I think shrooms can produce a lot fast compared to weed, but takes some investment of time more than anything to get your procedures down. I am mostly still experimenting with mushrooms and I am sure that I will have fantastic results, especially using agar methods to inoculate. And I am going to start another crop of poppies soon...so if I had to takemy pic I would go with...all three...hehe. But I love growing anything. Personally, I think poppies are the hardest out of all three...but the most rewarding...mmmm opium. So take your pick man, eigh the risks and decide, they can both be very rewarding...especially if you take the time beforehand to learn how do grow either...experiment, and keep it simple. A friend of mine grew atonne of hydro bud this year...also cost him lots, and his setup he could not leave for even half of a day withought checking up on it, I use soil and flouros...my yeild is lower but not by much, way less cost and time. With shrooms you could run into the same problems, depends on how much you want and how much time and money you have to put into it all...cheers. and good luck.

--------------------
And that is all the news that's fit to print

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds