Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: WA near seattle
my neighbor's cat grows monster shrooms!
    #809070 - 08/10/02 03:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

pudetat hadn't spoken to me by telepathy in some time, as i can only read her whilst severly triping.

today, while i was working in the yard, she came up to me and made eye contact. i recognized this to mean that she had something to say. it was not asking for food, since i had recently opened a can of tuna in gratitude for previous gifts of shrooms.

she meowed at me and then pointed to a lavender bed i had made this spring in hopes of growing mushrooms alongside. the bed is a raised one made of 2 by 4s three high, so it measures 8 ft by 1 by 1 foot, about.

she had mentioned that she had dumped several contamned batches of licuid innoculant in that bed, as well as a spent cake. when i looked under the lavender, much to my surprise there was a hella crop of cubbies! i had allways thought that they couldn't be grown outdoors where i live. i was wrong!

after thanking pudetat, i proceeded to harvest them, some of the caps were 4 inches in diameter, many were over a foot tall ! altogether they are drying now, and they compleatly fill four large dinner plates.

the bed was prepared by boiling straw and putting that in the bottom of the bed to a depth of about ten inches. good mews brand kitty litter was laid on top of that for another few inches. holes were made to accomodate pre potted lavender plants from gallon pots. as time went by, the straw had a tendancy to collapse, and the space was taken up by putting more good mews and potting soil on top. ( good mews is paper fiber pellets, not the regular kitty litter)

hats off to pudetat ! ! ! ! !

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: NW
Re: my neighbor's cat grows monster shrooms! [Re: tchyted]
    #814875 - 08/13/02 12:25 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

That is kickass man! Roadkill and myself thought about trying our luck outdoors here in Seattle but never got around to it. I think the weather here is perfect at certain times of the year. Cubes would grow great outdoors here in september-october.

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation