Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Make me believe!
    #5305975 -

Ok.  Here's the deal.  Maybe, just maybe, you have to be American to 'get' The Grateful Dead.  Maybe the people that I used to trip with and get stoned with who tried to get me to understand their love of the Dead played me the wrong songs or whatever.

Why are they so revered?  I like a fair bit of US Psyche - Thirteenth Floor Elevators, The Byrds, Quicksilver Messenger Service etc. from the Sixties...

But I've never been able to understand or enjoy the Dead.  So can someone give me a top 5 essential tunes of the Dead list that I can download...

I want to understand the fascination!  Thx in advance!  :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make me believe! [Re: LuciferSam]
    #5305995 -

Jerry loves you


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make me believe! [Re: sucklesworth]
    #5306019 -

That's really helpful....er...thanks....I think...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make me believe! [Re: LuciferSam]
    #5306026 -

there are a lot of dead threads in the pub, search for them

or go here

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=...o%2Fnum_reviews

and stream some of those shows


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make me believe! [Re: LuciferSam]
    #5306086 -

atm my favorite dead song is browneyed women.

I like the stuff that has bluegrass infuences the most.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make me believe! [Re: DieCommie]
    #5306590 -

everybody loves "casey jones".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make me believe! [Re: jmg5]
    #5306636 -

the song im diggin the most lately is scarlet begonias... yeah, love it.


--------------------
Terrapin!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make me believe! [Re: LuciferSam]
    #5306709 -

I don't really understand either.
I listen to underground black metal, death metal, etc. 90% of what I listen to comes from Europe.
There are very few mainstream songs that I listen to.
Is G.D. even considered mainstream?? I seriously know nothing about them at all.


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make me believe! [Re: eris]
    #5306726 -

Terrapin Station


--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make me believe! [Re: LuciferSam]
    #5306770 -

Black Peter
Fire on the Mountain(if you can't see it after listening to this one...)
Uncle John's Band
Shakedown Street
Eyes of the World

That should get you liking the Dead.

And no, the Dead speaks to everybody. If you are human, the dead are playing about you.


--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make me believe! [Re: kake]
    #5306870 -

Quote:
Terrapin Station



Is that a GD album or something?


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make me believe! [Re: eris]
    #5306900 -

album and song (as well as a live album from 91).


don't bother with studio dead.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make me believe! [Re: LuciferSam]
    #5307077 -

If you don't like them, you don't like them.

Don't force yourself to listen to shit you don't want to hear.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make me believe! [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5307083 -

:foshizzle:


--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make me believe! [Re: GnuBobo]
    #5307151 -

Darkstar
Chinacat Sunflower
Wharf Rat;)
Eyes of the World
Hes Gone
Ramble on Rose

I could go on forever but those are key.


--------------------


"Tell me the cost, I can pay let me go, tell me love is not lost.
Sell everything, without love day to day insanity's king."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make me believe! [Re: Krishna]
    #5307232 -

Quote:
Krishna said:don't bother with studio dead.


pffft, studio dead is good. Its like the gateway to the live stuff. Are you saying he shouldnt listen to American Beauty, Anthem of the Sun, or my favorite studio dead, Working man's dead? I say check em all out and see what you like. There is nothing wrong with like studio dead.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make me believe! [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5307303 -

HELLA_TIGHT said:
If you don't like them, you don't like them.

Don't force yourself to listen to shit you don't want to hear.



really! wtf, its just a freakin hippy band...



if it was joe satriani, then yes, id make you listen to it till you wanted to have satches baby


--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make me believe! [Re: LuciferSam]
    #5307339 -

i like the song "sugaree"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make me believe! [Re: LuciferSam]
    #5307342 -

It's really more about the culture than the music.

Even some die-hard Dead heads will agree that the music is mediocre at best. There are plenty of much better bands.
However, there's no better culture than Greatful Dead culture. If you don't like the music when you first hear it, especially
the studio stuff, you probably never will. So be it. But go to a Dead show and drop acid and then say you didn't have one of the
best times of your life.

I'm no dead head, far from it, and I've never had the experience I just mentioned either, but I know what it's all about. LOVE.:heart:


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make me believe! [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #5307346 -

Sugar Magnolia, Sugaree, and Tons of Steel are a few that I can deal with nicely. There are more too.


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Without music... kosmic_charlie 686 9 05/23/04 02:20 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* My Exclusive comparison of french culture and american culture
( 1 2 3 all )
exclusive58 7,137 52 02/24/05 05:14 AM
by Krishna
* electronic music...my newest obsession
( 1 2 3 4 all )
wrestler_az 9,664 79 09/15/04 05:00 PM
by 40oz
* American Culture Through American Music... Krishna 1,131 3 02/18/04 01:31 PM
by Krishna
* This is the year of sucky music from bands that used to be good
( 1 2 all )
Divided_Sky 4,504 35 06/27/05 12:08 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* when did american culture turn to shit?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
DoctorJ 6,067 81 12/04/08 11:05 AM
by unretarded
* Is it just me, or does anyone else hate the raver culture?
( 1 2 3 all )
shwowsh 6,325 45 10/01/03 01:12 AM
by RunDMT
* MUSIC 40 Years From Now...
( 1 2 all )
Fungi_x 4,469 34 08/10/05 10:18 AM
by KingOftheThing

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
836 topic views. 4 members, 22 guests and 56 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.