Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

How do you view the current state of the Shroomery?
    #5181861 - 01/14/06 11:01 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Been around for a few years or so, and as with anything, I've seen a lot of improvements and some setbacks. I think the organization and features have never been better. Sometimes I feel people have become more hostile and don't quite have the same vibe as in the past, but I'm not exactly sure if that's me. Still, on the other hand, I also think people have grown to be more aware of things because of the debate & discussions that go on. It seems like in the earlier days, there was more of a tendancy for people to believe popular myths about drugs and other topics.

The most important thing is that because the Shroomery tends to be one of the first large uncensored by the government discussion on the issue of drugs, the average collective knowledge is probably way up. I've learned far more from here than I've learned from most places. It's interesting to consider what kind of impact this will have over a long period of time.

Anyway, just want to see where other people stand right now.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: How do you view the current state of the Shroomery? [Re: Twirling]
    #5182013 - 01/14/06 11:47 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I think the admins have done a great job on the layout. I love the emoticons and such. However, I've become disillusioned with many mods and admins over the silencing of certain members, such as Swami or Cervantes. It really pisses me off when they act like criticism is the same as "troublemaking," and there have been a few mods and admins for whom I've lost a great deal of respect over this. There have been times when I really felt like just leaving the Shroomery over this shit, but I keep coming back for the community, which is what this place was all about for me to begin with. So in other words, I think this place would be great if the administration would stop chasing off some of our most valuable members.

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: How do you view the current state of the Shroomery? [Re: Silversoul]
    #5182064 - 01/14/06 11:57 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

The issue of mods of late has been a tough one. I tend to come in after everything has taken place, so it's hard for me to make a judgement. It does seem unfair that things don't seem to be consistent in following rules, but I also understand some of the justifications in some instances.

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
    #5182080 - 01/15/06 12:01 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

"How do you view the current state of the Shroomery?"

With my eyes.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
    #5182107 - 01/15/06 12:08 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

well ive only been around for a year and a few months but i can definatly say i miss a few of the regulars that used to be around here, namely beejay and 13eetlejuice, i always liked those guys. and on the subject of mods yes sometimes i feel its out of place to close some of the threads that they do (which i havent been noticing to much of that going on lately) but i kinda understand their drift the point is to advance in the knowledge of drugs and they usually close threads that have been done a thousand times (that has to be the longest run on sentence ever). still i feel for the noob who comes on here and tries to learn and ask questions cause its alot to take in and it takes some time, reading and asking questions. but on the flip sid eof it all you have mods like wiccan seeker who has a great deal of knowledge about science type stuff and redgreenvines on salvia and gdman on chillness (yes that is official ass kissing).

but all in all i see progress, slowly. and it takes time. for example just a few weeks(months?) ago someone discovered the effects of using lemon juice to take mushies (go read about it in psych exp if you want) and that was a major stepping stone. sure most days are just the same ol stuff but soemdays you see great jumps.

but all in all this place does its purpose. teaches new people the joy of cultivating, progresses the knowledge of psychedelics and provides people a home away from home. you litterly have it all here. i just wish there was a way to have the other forums be as popular as the pub or otd or the cult.

just my $0.02

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5182129 - 01/15/06 12:13 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
The issue of mods of late has been a tough one. I tend to come in after everything has taken place, so it's hard for me to make a judgement. It does seem unfair that things don't seem to be consistent in following rules, but I also understand some of the justifications in some instances.

Hell, I'll admit some of these members occasionally get out of line. Often, it's the severity of the punishment that I disagree with more so than the decision to punish.

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: How do you view the current state of the Shroomery? [Re: Silversoul]
    #5182135 - 01/15/06 12:15 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder