Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
The 'Perfect Being'
    #494680 - 12/18/01 11:53 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, so I just smoked a resin bowl, and startled thinking about how every time I'm around this girl, I get an erection - no matter what the hell I'm thinking about.

And it hits me, sex is one of man's most primitive, if not the most primitive, of all man's instincts.

Why is it? Species must reproduce to be able to modify. Evolution. And what is Evolution, life trying to create the perfect being.

And other forms of life are made to assist the form of life that will eventually become the 'perfect being'. These are here to force life to modify.

I know that you're thinking, "Humans are the perect being."
Humans are far from perect, but there is a chance that we are the form of life that will become 'perfect', about a 0.99999999999999 chance, or how many forms of life have existed on this planet. Besides, why the hell does the most 'intelligent' form of life have to be the perfect being (look at what women think of Tom Cruz (sp).

And besides, humans will be extinct soon anyway, and a form of life that could survive that fate would have to be perfect.

Walk around with underwear on your head. Insult other people for being weird.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: Central PA
Re: The 'Perfect Being' [Re: lordmalthus]
    #494855 - 12/18/01 03:20 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

if we were 'perfect' we wouldn't have any room to improve.
Life is about learning.....evolving........improving.......
God/dess makes the mirroring reflections contort its image so that it looks as if the being in the mirror is imperfect so that learning....evolving......improving....can be.
And the mirror is shattered into an infinite eternity of infinitesmal shards above and beyond into the abyss of existenz.

I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

Loc: MA
    #494882 - 12/18/01 03:40 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

True, but evolution only creates the "perfect being" for whatever the organism's environment is. In this sense all being are perfect, perfect for the ecological niche in which they inhabit. Evolution has created the perfect creature for surviving in the cold, for surviving in the desert, and for surviving by manipulating the environment (humans). Every being is perfectly designed for what they do. If they weren't they would die out because other being even more perfectly designed by evolution would take their place. Evolution just forces organisms to change in order to adapt to a changing environment.

What exactly is this "perfect being" that we all should aspire to become? Isn't "perfect" a value judgement? How can you say one being is more perfect than another? I could say that bacteria are the perfect being because they have survived with virtually the same body plan and way of living for billions of years. They have reached perfection. To say that humans are the closest the Earth has to perfection is such an arrogant remark given the massive disruption we've caused to other organisms and ecosystems. If anything is perfect I'd say it would be the organisms that live in harmony with everything else on the planet.

geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: The 'Perfect Being' [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #495561 - 12/19/01 03:06 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I was a perfect being once, it sucked. In the end, the perfect beings decided it sucked. They evolved into little things with arms, and never died. All they did wad puke up ...anything.. and scream random stuff in attempt to find ...reason... and they were all on the floor 'flopping' around. They did not care, there was no meaning.

The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #495654 - 12/19/01 06:46 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

hmmmm... so you think you get a boner every time your around this girl because of "survival instinct"... i dont think so... and i tell you this much...
most humans think that survival is not guaranteed... that we won?t live forever, for there is "not enough life"... but there is, because we ARE life itself... anyways out of this thought that we might not survive, our new basic instinct became the "survival instinct"...
we even began to think that the reason we coupled with others was to guarantee our survival as a species... we lost sight of the fact that we couple in response to the only real insinct... which is love...

Re: The 'Perfect Being' [Re: In(di)go]
    #496420 - 12/19/01 11:26 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

we lost sight of the fact that we couple in response to the only real insinct... which is love...

It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: The 'Perfect Being' [Re: In(di)go]
    #496884 - 12/20/01 01:10 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yep, you said it Lost!

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology