Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Am I the only one who has a love/hate relationship with Cacti???
    #4837640 -

I love the things, there awesome! but they hate me.
Not to brag, but I have good skill with most all plants, except cacti.
My main problem is lighting and seed germination.
Basically, I want to know how you guys germinate your trichocereus (and other cacti) seeds. and lighting conditions?
and just as a figure, i am so bad at germinating cacti seeds, that out of 60 torch seeds i got 2 seedlings. 1 died and the other is like 4 months old, not even 1/4 inch tall and only has little fuzzies on the top.

Help? Please?

also im looking to buy BULK cacti seeds, san pedro and peruvian torch along with living rocks and other actives, even if they aren't 'properly' active, I still want the seeds.
Does nay body know any bulk suppliers?
Is new mexican cactus research still around?

thanks so much guys!


--------------------
Did your grow fail, and now your out of spores? Problem Solved. Check out my CakeSaver Tek.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5236115/an/0/page/0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only one who has a love/hate relationship with Cacti??? *DELETED* [Re: NESpores]
    #4838147 -

Post deleted by poboy

Reason for deletion: d



--------------------
Burn the land and boil the sea but you can't take the sky from me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only one who has a love/hate relationship with Cacti??? [Re: poboy]
    #4838827 -

I simply put the seeds in a tiny shallow seedling pot, regular cactus soil, always well misted. This is placed in an upside down transparent tupperware container, placed on the window sill. Pretty simple and germinated 12 out of 12.


--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only one who has a love/hate relationship with Cacti??? [Re: NESpores]
    #4838842 -

don't order bulk amounts of seeds, it is too much hassle - when you get it right you're going to end up with 100's of seedlings that you won't know what to do with (just think for a moment how much room they actually take up after 1 year).. they will end up sitting in the same tray for a long time and elongate.

i don't keep seedlings under fluoros for longer than a few months, they need natural light or a MH/HPS to develope after 2/3 months. They also need to breathe at night adequatly after 3 months and be fed stronger.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only one who has a love/hate relationship with Cacti??? [Re: faslimy]
    #4844444 -

This summer I bought a pack of mixed seeds (no mescaline cacti) and sowed them in very wet soil mixed with sand, with some drainage and closed by plastic bag. I think germination rate was near 100% and about 70% seedlings survived but I donnt pay them much attention and also water them with mineral rich water (bad) so they are not doing so grait, but are alive and about 5-10mm in height..
Two months ago I sowed some T. Peruvianuses ordered from some site and germination was disasterous for I was stupid enough to speckle sowed seeds with fungicide that cut their germination rate. 3 seedlings survived and I'll do my best to keep them alive and healthy under strong fluorescent light...
I also sowed some non-mescaline cacti seeds about 10 days ago and no germination started yet...
I guess it needs to be hot - say, no less than 25 degrees Celsius - for cacti seeds to start germinating...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only one who has a love/hate relationship with Cacti??? [Re: cvele]
    #4847003 -

i have hundreds od san pedros growing under a condenced flourestent

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only one who has a love/hate relationship with Cacti??? [Re: strangladesh]
    #4851056 -

strangladesh said:
i have hundreds od san pedros growing under a condenced flourestent



Can such lighting produce enough mescaline? Do you have experience with this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* treacherous cacti question Merkin 2,105 10 11/28/03 02:57 AM
by Merkin
* fastest growing cacti insanity_420 6,594 16 11/30/04 09:27 PM
by Gr0wer
* whats the best legal ethnogen? sancho 10,047 13 02/17/03 02:23 AM
by Psilocybeingzz
* San Pedro separation of Mescalin new idea?
( 1 2 all )
GNIOM1498 7,472 20 09/14/16 09:11 PM
by Mostly_Harmless
* Canadian Law and the Magical Cacti...3rd time the charm kadakuda 2,814 17 01/13/05 05:12 PM
by ShroomyTunes
* San Pedro mescaline extraction/worthwhile? asdfghjkl 5,678 11 05/12/03 05:31 PM
by the spiral
* Any mescaline containing cacti in these PICS? HagbardCeline 7,938 13 07/10/03 04:30 AM
by Agarico
* alkaloids and clorophyl - their relationship felixhigh 1,456 10 11/28/03 05:26 PM
by Hermes_br

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
1,722 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.