Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
treacherous cacti question
    #2139763 -

Hey all,
Today I've found a nursery that contains a treacherous cacti. I didn't find it's specific treacherous family name. But I'm just wondering, do all treacherous cacti contain mescaline? What is the best one to look out for,treacherous Peruvianus?...I hear. and also, are there any poisonous cacti I should look out for?:P

There are 2 fairly small cacti in the pot, about 20 cm each in length and about 4cm in diameter.
Sorry about these newbie questions butI'm fairly new to this cacti scene, and I'm hoping to go buy the cacti tommmorow:D. When I went and checked it out today, I asked one of the store retailer ladies what type the cactus was, and she was like "it's a treacherous". And she kind of pronounced it weirdly, not the way I do, so stupidly I ask, "so it's a san pedro?". And she's like "umhhh it won't get you high". So I just kind of took off..heh. I should have said it's for research purposes -_-, oh well..
Anyway

Thanks for your time.


--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: treacherous cacti question [Re: Merkin]
    #2139788 -

Quote:
do all treacherous cacti contain mescaline? What is the best one to look out for,treacherous Peruvianus



Trichocereus is what you want. No, they dont all contain mescaline, theres atleast one or two that dont, but pachanoi, bridgesii, and peruvianus are the only ones really worth eatting, the other trichocereus are for collectors....

Quote:
and also, are there any poisonous cacti I should look out for?:



As for poisonous cacti... none that will flat out KILL you... maybe lots of vomiting or dehydration but I doubt you;ll die from a mis-ident.

P.S.
I dunno if those cacti are magical or not, you gave me absolutely nothing to work with... :P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: treacherous cacti question [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #2139791 -

Great save Harvey. :smile: Happy thanksgiving. !! eat that damn turkey. :smile: :smile: :smile:


--------------------
CLICK HERE FOR MY HUGE TRADE LIST ~~ CLICK HERE
Looking For These Items
Various Plants and Seeds.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: treacherous cacti question [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #2139792 -

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I don't have any pics of the exact cacti I saw. Hopefully I'll get some soon.


--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: treacherous cacti question [Re: jojoba]
    #2139821 -

Victory bananas! Had to smuggle them out of the nook at gunpoint....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: treacherous cacti question [Re: Merkin]
    #2139845 -

Yo, there's about a hundred threads on this already probably on or right near where you posted.


--------------------
...or something






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: treacherous cacti question [Re: eve69]
    #2140809 -

probably.. :crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: treacherous cacti question [Re: neuro]
    #2140931 -

Quote:
Had to smuggle them out of the nook at gunpoint....




lol :laugh:


--------------------



Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: treacherous cacti question [Re: canid]
    #2141497 -

I JUST BROUGHT the Trichocereus Grandiflora. Does anyone know if it's active???

Thanks


--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: treacherous cacti question [Re: Merkin]
    #2141570 -

they are verry nice cacti for brightening up one's home, with a friendly, though somewaht more defensive feel than T. pachanoi, or even T. peruvianus; but, they are not known to contain any amounts of mescaline. i am unaware of any assay report[s] but they are claimed to contain some alkaloids common in known active Trichocereus species. i would also like to mention that i do not know anyone who has tried eating enough to produce any psychoactive effect, if any effect such effect can be produced by this species.

my advice; keep them, but do not eat them :smile:.


--------------------



Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: treacherous cacti question [Re: canid]
    #2141618 -

Thankyou man, nice info. I think I'm actuallly realizing how nice it really looks. Like you said, it brightens up one's home :laugh:


--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Cacti Questions RemiMartin 1,893 11 07/23/02 04:55 AM
by MeneerCactus
* Pachanoi monstrose cacti question jojoba 2,182 13 06/21/19 03:12 AM
by Mateo
* cacti question... psylo33o 808 4 05/25/04 04:17 PM
by neuro
* Cacti question? JustSomeGuy 617 1 07/04/04 04:28 PM
by John
* some cacti questions T0aD 958 6 02/21/03 01:39 AM
by peruvian spark
* San Pedro Cacti Questions LittlePygmyMan 755 3 08/20/03 10:33 PM
by neuro
* fastest growing cacti insanity_420 6,594 16 11/30/04 09:27 PM
by Gr0wer
* Trichocereus questions Crotalus 900 4 06/15/03 01:50 PM
by Crotalus

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
2,105 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.