Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: Rose]
    #4780776 -

semantics of semantics....

didn't know that existed...

i thought there was only semantics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: Rose]
    #4780840 -

Cervantes said:
I argued your side of this argument last month. Heh.

Moving on...

Quote:
Shroomism said:


1. No Flaming
2. Be Respectful




Ahhhhhh the new rules....

/me coughs

I like rule #1... but let me go off on rule #2 for a bit.

I respect my cock'n balls WAY more than I respect that stupid fucking attempt at crowd control.

THANK GOD I respect my cock'n balls... or else I would not be respectful enough for the new (S&)P, and therefore would have just broken the rules!

Are you guys actively TRYING to repeat the same mistakes you have made in the past? Who came up with rule #2?

Were you even listening to what the public wanted?

Of all the vague, subjective rules you could have slipped in there...!

I don't get it.

Why two forums then?

With all due respect, please explain.




What? 

Are you directing that clarification at me?  :confused:

No...I was saying that's gay that they subsumed spirituality into philosophy, but, I see there is a new forum now for spirituality...I didn't notice that when I made my first post.

When was I flaming?  :confused:

I honestly try to restrain myself when outside of OTD.  I don't understand where I was flaming or being disrespectful.... 

I even used the term, "respectfully," to modify my expression of disagreement.

WTF?  :confused:

Or is that quote underlining your point.  Be patient with me.  I'm none too quick this early in the working day.  :smirk:


--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4780845 -

Remember when I said "Moving on"?

That is when I moved on, FROM you, and TO the person I quoted.

:smirk:


--------------------
Fiddlesticks.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: MJF]
    #4780846 -

MJF said:
The definition of "is" is: "Is Bill Clinton's cock in your mouth? It is? Then that is the definition of being, as related by the verb conjugation, "is".




--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4780863 -

misquoting like that should be considered worse than flaming and be considered an immediate bannable offense. (i acutally don't believe that...but if i was a mod i'd ban you...and i think i'm going to have to blow the whistle...just cuz i'm an emotional being that doesn't like whatever it is you just did).

i mean...why don't' you respond with why you think what ever i had to say was wrong and why it was worth you saying that SHIT that you said?

Edited by MJF (10/10/05 05:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: MJF]
    #4780899 -

I was making a joke about word definitions and I thought that was clear to everyone that knows about Monica Lewinski and Bill Clinton?  :confused:

And, that WAS what I thought...just under a misquote format. 

If you want to talk about something then don't do it in this forum...the stench here got to me a bit early so I don't like to post here as I can't use the language I'd like to use.  I get teh bannoed.  :sad:


--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4780903 -

Use the language you'd like to use...with out being scared of the rules....if you feel justified in using that language. I feel unjust rules should be broken.

Also...I call bullshit on that whole post of yours...

what is misquote format? It looks to me as some sort of subtle flaming...or something disrespectful...rule #2 be respectful.

Will you be more explicit and elaborate on what you were trying to say earlier (so that I can refute it)?

Edited by MJF (10/10/05 05:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: MJF]
    #4780911 -

Okay, now you're being--

MODS, PLZ ALLOW as per the Context--


A gaywad.

You commented like this:

MJF said:
in fact....

with out meaningless words we would have none of this...no philosophy...no shroomery...no nothing...

with out symbols/words...we'd still be monkeys with very little awareness.



I honestly don't know what the hell you're trying to say there. 

Please be more explicit. 

That line of thinking made me misquote you for the Clinton reference. 

Or, one can't be explicit with words and symbols that have meaning?  :confused:


--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4780915 -

:hug:


--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4780916 -

With out language we would have never even been able to sustain this society and develope the computer. That is what I was saying. Try to give those words the meaning that I may have given them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4780924 -

MJF said:
in fact....

with out meaningless words we would have none of this...no philosophy...no shroomery...no nothing...

with out symbols/words...we'd still be monkeys with very little awareness.




"With out [sic] meaningless words we would have none of this...".

What the fuck does that mean? 

I call /*edit*\ on you. 

Pull your shit together and express yourself through your approach to meaningless words and symbols and try to fumble for an idea that you can share.  :rolleyes: 

You're being a /*edit*\.


--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Edited by MAIA (10/10/05 02:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4780925 -

yeah i agree that last example 'no nothing' was kinda weird...i am drunk...

maybe i am being a gaywad...but i still feel my argument is more logically sound that yours....

also...with out language...or the ability to make langue then maybe there realy is nothing because we aren't aware...

maybe being aware gives us the ability to make language giving us no nothing...which = something....

i don't know i'm drunk...
and you are out of line my friend.

Edited by MJF (10/10/05 06:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: MJF]
    #4780928 -

oh and ...

"With out [sic] meaningless words we would have none of this...".

'this' means what we are doing now (communicating on the shroomery)....no language...no writing...no society, no development of technology.

you could have simply asked what i meant...and refuted my idea instead of flaming....but why didnt' you? do you find joy in flaming? I hope so......otherwise...you shouldn't post at all.

Edited by MJF (10/10/05 06:17 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: MJF]
    #4780929 -

MJF said:
maybe being aware gives us the ability to make language giving us no nothing...which = something....

i don't know i'm drunk...
and you are out of line my friend.




Adieu, goodnight, godspeed.  :bye:


--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4780931 -

GnuBobo said:
MJF said:
in fact....

with out meaningless words we would have none of this...no philosophy...no shroomery...no nothing...

with out symbols/words...we'd still be monkeys with very little awareness.




"With out [sic] meaningless words we would have none of this...".

What the fuck does that mean? 

I call bullshit on you. 

Pull your shit together and express yourself through your approach to meaningless words and symbols and try to fumble for an idea that you can share.  :rolleyes: 

You're being a gaywad.



haha I thought you were talking to me for a minute.

I loves ya Bobo


--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4780932 -

Sweet dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: Deviate]
    #4781365 -

i feel justified in using the word God because my experiences matches the descriptions of what God is given by many other people (so its reasonable to assume we experienced the same phenomenon)

It's also reasonable that since you share the same brain topology, you experienced the same delusion. Given the complete absence of evidence to support EITHER conclusion, why choose one over the other?

so as you can see, rather than conclude God doesn't exist, the challenge for me is finding some way of fitting things together

But this is not a search for the Truth but rather a search for a justification of belief. It is stagnation because by your own admission

Quote:
however i'm sure they were not some kind of delusion



you've already made up your mind.

Spirituality is about not making up your mind and only standing on a particular position temporarily while seeking a new position of greater understanding.

THAT is spirituality and growth.


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: Diploid]
    #4781421 -

Spirituality is about not making up your mind and only standing on a particular position temporarily while seeking a new position of greater understanding.

THAT is spirituality and growth.


:handth:

Alan Watts would be proud, as well many other renowned spiritual leaders in history.




--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4781428 -

3 entries found for spirituality

Spirituality is defined differently by each of the following:

Buddhism
Christianity
Christian anarchism
The Dances of Universal Peace
Feminist spirituality
Gnosticism
Hinduism
Humanism
Islam, Sufism
Jainism
Judaism
Modern_Gallae
Neo-confucianism
Neopaganism
New Age
New Thought
Sikhism
Spiritualist Church
Subud
Surat Shabda Yoga
Taoism
Unitarian Universalism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirituality

Given this, I'm justified in coming up with my own definition which happens to be closely aligned with several of the above.

Quote:
Diploid said:
Spirituality is about discussing, analyzing, and critiquing your beliefs to see if they make sense and changing them if they don't. This is fully compatible with philosophy; indeed, it is the core of philosophy.




--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore [Re: HB]
    #4781929 -

HB said:
... if you never made a mistake you'd never learn ...




The gift of humans being conceptual thinkers pretty much disproves this statement. We do not need to make the mistake of placing our flesh into fire in order to grasp the cause and effect relationship involved in undergoing such an action.

Learning is far more of a dynamic process than a simple "mistake-learn" sequence. It involves considering possbillities, analyzing, the dawning of realization, imagination, etc. etc. etc. Its complex, intricate, relating to a mesh network. The mind is an amazing thing. :grin:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* New Spirituality Message Boards
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 5,410 36 03/16/02 04:37 AM
by Anonymous
* Alien Abduction Prevention Device Swami 1,544 16 01/29/05 06:30 PM
by Swami
* Alien Abduction
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Swami 6,994 79 12/10/02 06:42 AM
by Glacius
* Alien abductions should be considered invalid
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 2,980 22 01/14/03 06:27 PM
by Sclorch
* alien abductions frogger25 1,444 14 09/13/04 02:34 PM
by zorbman
* Abduction and Sleep Paralysis
( 1 2 all )
Swami 3,695 34 10/07/02 06:33 AM
by In(di)go
* Whitely Streiber letter on UFOlogists and Abduction Swami 1,001 10 08/10/05 07:29 PM
by Icelander
* a different view on alien abductions
( 1 2 all )
OldWoodSpecter 1,665 26 08/03/05 07:23 AM
by OldWoodSpecter

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
8,301 topic views. 0 members, 28 guests and 38 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.