Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Alien Abduction
    #1103046 - 12/02/02 02:17 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

1. Note that most "abductees" are not even abducted. Family and friends do not go looking for a missing body. Not one person has been mysteriously abducted from work, church or other highly public setting.

2. Most abductions happen only at night highly coincident with sleep paralysis, night terrors and dreams.

3. Most abductees are Americans, which has the highest blast of sci-fi media imagery.

4. Not one person has brought back any "new" technological, scientific or astronomic information.

You do the math...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
Loc: Earth
Re: Alien Abduction [Re: Swami]
    #1103090 - 12/02/02 02:41 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Why would so many people fabricate these terrifying experiences? Most of the abductees that are interviewed seem to be very well adjusted and intelligent. All of their experiences have striking similarities and have been happening to them since a very young age, before being exposed to any media. I would guess that most abductees remain incognito for fear of rejection and humiliation. The actuall number of abdutees is totally unknomn so to say that they are mostly Americans is way off. These people are not doing this for attention in my opinion, they are sharing their experiences to open the eyes of humanity.

--------------------
"It's not until we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything." TDFC

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1103561 - 12/02/02 10:08 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Just because there's alot of bullshitters out there isn't proof that it couldn't happen. The idea came from somewhere... who knows if it was based on a shred of truth or complete fiction.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Alien Abduction [Re: postanaldrip]
    #1103837 - 12/02/02 12:00 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Why would so many people fabricate these terrifying experiences?
How do I know what motivates people? OK I will make an attempt.

"Communion" = $$$
"Alien Autopsy" = $$$
"Crash at Corona" = $$$
"Signs" = $$$
"Close Encounters" & Taken" = $$$
"E.T" = $$$
"Outer Limits" & "X-Files" = $$$
"Fire in the Sky" = $$$

How about attention or wanting to feel special or chosen?

Most of the abductees that are interviewed seem to be very well adjusted and intelligent.
That is called filtering by the TV producers. To profile attractive, well-spoken and intelligent people gives the subject more of an air of authenticity. Ugly retards are nearly as convincing.

All of their experiences have striking similarities and have been happening to them since a very young age, before being exposed to any media.
1. Children aren't exposed to media? Where do you live? The large-headed alien has been protrayed since the late '50s.

2. It is NOT children reporting these experiences, but adults with "repressed" or "screen" memories.

The actuall number of abdutees is totally unknomn so to say that they are mostly Americans is way off.
I am talking about reports, not the toal number. Bushmen and Eskimos are not making these reports, mostly bored middle-class westerners.

they are sharing their experiences to open the eyes of humanity.
And what EXACTLY are we supposed to do with these stories about invincible, invisible creatures who are cloning us against our will?

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1103905 - 12/02/02 12:29 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

It is NOT children reporting these experiences, but adults with "repressed" or "screen" memories.

This is a theory with as little "proof" as the alien abductions themselves.

Bushmen and Eskimos are not making these reports, mostly bored middle-class westerners.

Oh come on, read a few accounts of ayahuasqueros or mazatec shamen and you'll find reports of meeting "the principal ones", "reptiles the like of which I have never seen on earth", "Fantastic cities and flying objects". None of these people have ever seen communion.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Alien Abduction [Re: Xlea321]
    #1103922 - 12/02/02 12:37 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

So you are relating the experience of a South American shaman on a powerful mind-bending drug with a sober Norte Americano with a sleep disorder? I don't see the connection.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1103936 - 12/02/02 12:43 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Remember that every human brain has a "powerful mind-bending drug" naturally in it - DMT. A drug that reliably produces alien contact experiences.

Jesus - "mind-bending"? You sound like Dick Nixon when you talk about psychedelics.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1104010 - 12/02/02 01:07 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

you're all wrong

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1104013 - 12/02/02 01:09 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I think the point here is that a vast majority of the whole Alien Conspiracy thing is bullshit. People preying on others' curiousity to make $$$ as Swami says.

But again, that doesnt mean it isnt possible.

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
    #1104079 - 12/02/02 01:30 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"How do I know what motivates people? OK I will make an attempt.

"Communion" = $$$
"Alien Autopsy" = $$$
"Crash at Corona" = $$$
"Signs" = $$$
"Close Encounters" & Taken" = $$$
"E.T" = $$$
"Outer Limits" & "X-Files" = $$$
"Fire in the Sky" = $$$

How about attention or wanting to feel special or chosen?"

How do these movies = money for the poor guy who went through the abduction? The producers and actors are the ones making the money.
I dont doubt that some people are motivated by money or whatever. But there are some out there that are motivated to let the truth be known.

"Ugly retards are nearly as convincing."

I totally disagree with you. Its easy to tell a fraud from a genuine abductee reguardless of there outside appearance. I dont think its very nice to label anybody as an "ugly retard" either.

"1. Children aren't exposed to media? Where do you live? The large-headed alien has been protrayed since the late '50s."

What media is a 5 year old kid exposed to that would motivate them to fabricate an intricate abduction sequence? Children dont process media the same way that adults do.

"2. It is NOT children reporting these experiences, but adults with "repressed" or "screen" memories"

The only reports you know about are the ones that are publicized. You and me probably know about less than 2% of total abduction stories. Whos to say that there arent thousands of children out there that have told stories to parents or are keeping them to themselves?

"Bushmen and Eskimos are not making these reports, mostly bored middle-class westerners."

I saw a news story a couple of months ago about a tribe of "bushmen" that reported mass abductions, mutilation of its people and stange glowing crafts flying around. These people had physical evidence of the mutilations and were extremely convincing. They couldnt even speak english so to say that they have been corrupted by American media is out of the question. They were terrified of the flying globes. Whats there motive? To try and get somebody to believe them and help them. Just like every other abductee.

"And what EXACTLY are we supposed to do with these stories about invincible, invisible creatures who are cloning us against our will?"

Open you mind to the likely possibility that we are not alone in the universe.

--------------------

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #1104128 - 12/02/02 01:44 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

This is another subject where the only evidence is personal experience.

Swami new topic.  :grin:

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Edited by Droz (12/02/02 01:45 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1104148 - 12/02/02 01:51 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Open you mind to the likely possibility that we are not alone in the universe.

This is hardly "taking action".

--------------------

Offlinepsilocybinist
    #1104181 - 12/02/02 02:01 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I think swami is a fucking drama queen. Why else would he always bring up aliens and shit, he just likes to argue with people. I've coming to these boards for along time and whenever the subject pops up swami and some other shroomerite go round and round and never get anywhere. When I see a post where there is no room for debate I just don't post because people are gonna believe what they are gonna believe no matter what you say. And for the subject of aliens, who really gives fuck anyways, if there are other intelligence out there then there is other intelligence out there and if there isn't there isn't but there is no use in arguing about it.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Alien Abduction [Re: psilocybinist]
    #1104202 - 12/02/02 02:11 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Such anger over nothing!

So you complain about no content posts by posting a no content post. Makes sense.

--------------------

Offlinepsilocybinist
    #1104215 - 12/02/02 02:16 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

See there you go again lookin for drama :smirk: 

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Alien Abduction [Re: psilocybinist]
    #1104482 - 12/02/02 03:52 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Does the shroomery give annual Drama Awards like the Oscars?

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #1104509 - 12/02/02 04:03 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Does the shroomery give annual Drama Awards like the Oscars?

I wish i were an Oscar(Golden)-Meyer whinner....... :grin: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Offlinepsilocybinist
Re: Alien Abduction [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1104537 - 12/02/02 04:13 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe instead of shrooms we should give people little OScar drama awards. I rate swami with three oscar drama awards.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1104853 - 12/02/02 06:13 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

The only reports you know about are the ones that are publicized. You and me probably know about less than 2% of total abduction stories. Whos to say that there arent thousands of children out there that have told stories to parents or are keeping them to themselves?

Yep.

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
    #1104875 - 12/02/02 06:21 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I experienced sleep paralysis once. I woke up and couldn't move. I heard something screaming in my hall way. Then I heard it walk up to the side of my bed. It made all kinds of gibbering noises. Needless to say when i regained motor control i was totally freaked out. I chain smoked like 6 cigs. Then I did some research on the net and wrote it off for the hallucinatory sleep disorder that it was.

As for the children not reporting "alien abduction", I think that most children classify "aliens" as monsters. ie: there's monsters under my bed/ in my closet/ trying to get me.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Re: Alien Abduction [Re: 3eyedgod]
    #1104882 - 12/02/02 06:23 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Also of interest to anyone suffering from sleep paralysis by blinking your eyes(the only things you can move) rapidly you jumpstart the reactivation of your motor cortex. Bringing an end to the experience more quickly.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1105950 - 12/02/02 11:41 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I experienced sleep paralysis once. I woke up and couldn't move. I heard something screaming in my hall way. Then I heard it walk up to the side of my bed. It made all kinds of gibbering noises. Needless to say when i regained motor control i was totally freaked out. I chain smoked like 6 cigs. Then I did some research on the net and wrote it off for the hallucinatory sleep disorder that it was.

Thanks for a "real" abduction report. If most people kept a truly open-mind like yours and investigated, this nonsense would blow over.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1105969 - 12/02/02 11:51 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I used to experience it all the time, it was like I was in such disbelief of what I was feeling and thinking that I didn't WANT to move because I wanted to watch it all fade away on its own, or something like that - it seems like I could have moved if I tried, but I didn't want to move because I understood that something was going on with my brain and it was utterly fascinating so I wouldn't dare move, because I felt that would stop the show. I would just sit and watch all sorts of strange hallucinations and shapes and things that seemed like sounds but were coming from my brain.

"There are not creatures next to me, there are not things floating over me, there is nothing pushing on my chest, these sounds are not real" is what I would think while observing these occurances. As soon as I BELIEVED what I was telling myself, it would recede and I'd go take a piss ;-) Its a wild ride, though. As soon as you move its over, so if you experience it again, try and remember to relax and actually try and observe what your brain is showing you - its a good show :smile:

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
Half-dreams

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Anonymous

#1105986 - 12/03/02 12:00 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

So you are saying that the events that occurred in Snowflake Arizona are pure hokum?

How is it that they all passed the lie detector test?

I am interested in your view on this.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Alien Abduction [Re: ]
    #1106012 - 12/03/02 12:09 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I searched through my posts and didn't see the Snowflake, AZ in any of them; i.e. I sad nothing about that incident. Please provide a link and I will read it.

How is it that they all passed the lie detector test?
Polygraphy is one step up from Astrology. Despite using scientific equipment, it is an art form and not a science. Different polygrapers will give different interpretations on the same graph, so I put no credence in the test., neither do the courts for this very reason.

I thought I was clear, but will reiterate my MAIN POINTs:

A. NO ONE IS ABDUCTED in most all reports (except in their imagination). Family and friends do NOT file a missing persons report or even notice the "absence."

B. Most reports happen at night when we are drugged by our own sleep chemicals (strangely coincident with hypnagogoic sleep, dreams, & sleep paralysis) and NEVER happen while shopping at Macy's.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1106024 - 12/03/02 12:15 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I see.

I will state, for the record, that I am not interested in 'most' reports just as I am not interested in 'most' sightings. What I am definitely interested in are the reports that cannot be explained. Snowflake AZ fits that profile.

Polygraphy is not attmitted as courtroom testimony because it can be faked, not because the interpretations vary, although that can happen too.

Snowflake AZ is the scene of "Fire in the Sky." As far as I know it has never been convincely refuted. If you know of some evidence that I do not please post it.

Cheers,

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1106038 - 12/03/02 12:23 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Anonymous

Re: Alien Abduction [Re: Strumpling]
    #1106048 - 12/03/02 12:26 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks! :smile:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1106111 - 12/03/02 01:01 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Still had that snowflake link from back when I was researching aliens and things of that sort - its probably the best case out there :smile:

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
oooo the mystery!

--------------------

Anonymous

#1106119 - 12/03/02 01:10 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I know it is, that's why I brought it up.

Since Swami posted those links I have read the one about Snowflake and found it to be rife with error beginning with the misspelling of the word 'incident' at the first paragraph.

Here is a better link:

http://www.anw.com/fire/GPriceReport.htm

As it is my nature to look at these things closely before coming to any conclusion I will look up as many references as I can and read them before changing my mind.

Also as it is my nature not to try and disabuse people of their false notions I will not try to argue Swami down if he thinks that this case is hokum. For the moment I still think it is true.

I'll report back when I have read a little more.

Cheers,

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1106151 - 12/03/02 01:31 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

hey don't blame Swami for posting the crappy link :wink: that was ME :smile:

--------------------

Anonymous

#1106160 - 12/03/02 01:36 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Oh shit!  I misread it.  I should get some glasses.  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Here is another good link:

http://www.darkecho.com/skepticalbeliever/pitfalls.html

I like this guy's attitude!

Wow, I feel stupid!  LOL!!!

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
    #1106384 - 12/03/02 04:37 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"A. NO ONE IS ABDUCTED in most all reports (except in their imagination). Family and friends do NOT file a missing persons report or even notice the "absence.""

Did you ever think that maybe the abuctions take place over a 2-5 hour span in the middle of the night when the rest of the family is sleeping?

"B. Most reports happen at night when we are drugged by our own sleep chemicals (strangely coincident with hypnagogoic sleep, dreams, & sleep paralysis) and NEVER happen while shopping at Macy's."

If you were an alien coming down to earth to investigate would you come during broad daylight so everybody could see you? My guess is that night is also better for the aliens because when asleep the mind is unconscious and more open to manipulation.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1106454 - 12/03/02 07:01 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Honestly Swami, what kind of "proof" are you looking for? An alien feces sample? A videotaped meeting with them? The list goes on and on, and somehow I don't see you accepting ANY of them as valid. Even if you yourself had an encounter with something "alien" (I throw the term around loosely), you would scramble to logically debunk that it was a figment of your imagination; a dream; a hallucination. Your statements make no difference and the answers I could give to every single one of them make no difference, and a difference that makes no difference is no difference, at least objectively.  :tongue:

Edited by Adamist (12/03/02 07:04 AM)

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1106463 - 12/03/02 07:10 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

I will state, for the record, that I am not interested in 'most' reports just as I am not interested in 'most' sightings. What I am definitely interested in are the reports that cannot be explained. Snowflake AZ fits that profile.

This is the viewpoint I would take. To say no one is abducted is just as gullible as believing all the numerous accounts because there is no way you can know that for sure.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1106486 - 12/03/02 07:36 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, I willl bite

1. Note that most "abductees" are not even abducted. Family and friends do not go looking for a missing body. Not one person has been mysteriously abducted from work, church or other highly public setting.

Glad that we finally agree! I've been saying since the beginning that there are no 'abductions"... you can't abduct the willing. I swear...people these days....always wanting to be the victim...

2. Most abductions happen only at night highly coincident with sleep paralysis, night terrors and dreams.

Nighttime is also associated with higher levels of subconscous awareness, increased levels of melatonin, and delta level sleep which has healing regenerative properties. This, however, has nothing at all to do with the issue.

3. Most abductees are Americans, which has the highest blast of sci-fi media imagery.

This is just plain incorrect. Don't believe everything you don't hear on the US news. Alien encounters occur the world over from the tribe in the middle of Africa with no technology to the CEO on wall street. The difference is that most other countries actually pay attention to these encounters and leave them as something that is yet to be explained. They don't just automatically label the 'abuctee' as delusional. Do a quick search for worldwide alien encounters and you will quickly find that reports come in from ALL OVER the world.

4. Not one person has brought back any "new" technological, scientific or astronomic information.

Not one person? So you've met them all? Interesting.
So you are saying when someone comes back from an alien experience, and makes it known publicly, claiming that they gained some universal wisdom or technology that the aliens use, you are saying they are not automatically labeled as a crazy person and given no credit nor the time of day nor the chance to present their ideas? Are you saying that NOT ONE person has seen visions of some extraordinary alien technology and set forth to creating it themselves? I think you are seriously selling yourself short. Many people have alien experiences and then afterwards begin attempting to reproduce what they saw such as:
~Free energy devices
~Propulsion systems
~Nanotechnology
~Holographics
~Biochip Implants
~Various other hi-tech endeavors

No one (even on this very board) has come on and expressed some new crazy idea about archives under the pyramids, dimensional gateways under the water in bermuda, photon band emergance, or anything of that nature??

No you're absolutely right, not one person has brought back a single shred of information that hasn't been automatically thrown out like the baby in the bathwater.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1106499 - 12/03/02 07:53 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Did you ever think that maybe the abuctions take place over a 2-5 hour span in the middle of the night when the rest of the family is sleeping?

Just like Santa Claus....

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Alien Abduction [Re: Adamist]
    #1106510 - 12/03/02 08:06 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Honestly Swami, what kind of "proof" are you looking for? An alien feces sample?

How can I make it any clearer? I have stated it v-e-r-y plainly several times.

Abduct: to take away. There are no missing bodies. There is no "taking away".

Abductee claimants have been videotaped in sleep research centers and guess what? TA DA. They NEVER LEFT the room.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1106511 - 12/03/02 08:06 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

Just like Santa Claus....

Santa brought me a blanky.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1106514 - 12/03/02 08:09 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

If you were an alien coming down to earth to investigate would you come during broad daylight so everybody could see you?

Sure I would, cuz I am a MAN and proud of it, not some chicken-hearted thief hiding in the shadows.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1106632 - 12/03/02 09:24 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Most reports happen at night when we are drugged by our own sleep chemicals

As opposed to being drugged with our own "stay awake" chemicals?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1106637 - 12/03/02 09:27 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Abduct: to take away. There are no missing bodies. There is no "taking away".

You're assuming that human language completly and perfectly describes every possible human experience. It doesn't. Not even close.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
    #1107337 - 12/03/02 02:11 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"Just like Santa Claus...."

Its so obvious that you fear the unexplainable. You fear being wrong. You are doing everything in your power to shield yourself from the ultimate truths. Thats just my opinion though.

Id say that 90% of the abduction stories ive heard about happen over a short period of time. The abductee is returned before anybody else has the chance to realize they were gone in the first place.

--------------------

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
    #1107355 - 12/03/02 02:16 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"Sure I would, cuz I am a MAN and proud of it, not some chicken-hearted thief hiding in the shadows."

i doubt youd feel that way if you were to venture millions of light years away to a strange planet inhibited by a species that can not even accept diversity within itself.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1107357 - 12/03/02 02:16 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"Its so obvious that you fear the unexplainable."

Perhaps you fear the very possible explanation that these people aren't getting abducted by aliens.

--------------------

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
    #1107414 - 12/03/02 02:35 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"Perhaps you fear the very possible explanation that these people aren't getting abducted by aliens."

It really makes no difference to me. I will continue to live life the same no matter what is proven or disproven about the existence of aliens. I accept that both outcomes are possible. As of right now though ive got a lot of evidence that leads me to believe in aliens, and no evidence to make me believe that they do not exist.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1107439 - 12/03/02 02:44 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Where's your solid evidence of aliens?

"They are too advanced to leave evidence"

--------------------

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

#1107666 - 12/03/02 03:56 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I didn't WANT to move because I wanted to watch it all fade away on its own, or something like that - it seems like I could have moved if I tried, but I didn't want to move because I understood that something was going on with my brain and it was utterly fascinating so I wouldn't dare move, because I felt that would stop the show.

This was the first time this happened to me When your awoken by intruders in the middle of the night your home (i didn't think of them as aliens or humans) it's scary. I was quite actively (and unsuccessfully) trying to move. I had some ass kicking in mind.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1107946 - 12/03/02 06:24 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

you should put my quote in quotes... it might confuse people :smile:

--------------------

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
    #1109062 - 12/04/02 02:13 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"Where's your solid evidence of aliens?"

cmon man , you know damn good and well i dont have any physical evidence.

Wheres your physical evidence that aliens do not exist?

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1109175 - 12/04/02 03:59 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

We're not children..... you can't shove your own claim into my hands

Edit #1(Addition of useful link):  Link created to narrow width of page.

Cheers! :smile:

--------------------

Edited by Mr_Mushrooms (12/06/02 12:20 AM)

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#1109305 - 12/04/02 07:22 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I had that sleep paralysis happen once a couple months ago. I don't remember it too well seeing as I was only semi concious. I woke up, and tried to move and found that I wasn't able to, which of course freaked me out and made me start trying really hard to move in any way possible. My mind was racing, and the first thought that came into my head was "shit am I being abducted by aliens?". I didn't see or "feel" any aliens, I just could move (which was pretty frightening till it ended). After what seemed like a couple minutes, maybe less it wore off and I sat up, thought something to the effect of "woah, that was wierd" and then went back to sleep.

As for what I think about alien abductions, well there are a number of causes in my opinion. Quite a few abduction reports are stupid American's who either want attention, money, or are just crazy. Then there are the people on drugs (I see a few of those around here). Then there are the people who really were abducted, although I don't know if it was by aliens. I think it is a lot more likely that the few "real" reports are top secret military testing on then visitors from a far away galaxy. The US government has done a lot of research on both flying saucers and mind control, I was kinda suprised noone else brought up this possibility.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
    #1109681 - 12/04/02 11:03 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"We're not children..... you can't shove your own claim into my hands "

Well, that made no sense. Arent you the one who asked for proof from me? I didnt shove anything at you.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1109895 - 12/04/02 12:37 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"As of right now though ive got a lot of evidence that leads me to believe in aliens"

that was your claim.

then I asked what solid evidence you have.

then you asked what solid evidence *I* have.

--------------------

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
    #1112602 - 12/05/02 02:57 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"As of right now though ive got a lot of evidence that leads me to believe in aliens"

that was your claim.

Ok, so i said i believe in aliens. I never said i have proof of aliens. I am not making any sort of claim with that statement. Thats the way i feel. It seems as though you took it as me trying to convince something to you. I have nothing to convince to you. I could care less what you think about aliens. I come here to speak my mind not change yours.

Maybe I should have put non physical in front of evidence.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1112675 - 12/05/02 03:26 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

dictionary.com

evidence: Something indicative; an outward sign

Gee, how could he possibly have garnered that you had something substantial to share with us?

If it is entirely internal (which is NOT evidence), then how can you tell it is not just mindplay?

--------------------

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
    #1112750 - 12/05/02 04:05 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"Gee, how could he possibly have garnered that you had something substantial to share with us?

If I have something to share ill share. People need to not pry for information that is not willingly being offered. You missed the point i was trying to make in that post.. Ill spell it out nice for you. I HAVE ALL THE EVIDENCE I NEED. IM NOT OFFERING YOU ANY EVIDENCE. I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT ALIENS. I COME HERE TO SPEAK MY MIND NOT TO CHANGE YOURS!!!! QUIT PICKING THE SAME FUCKING BONE.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1112768 - 12/05/02 04:41 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ahh, another member telling me what I can or cannot post meanwhile displaying his "higher spiritual vibration" that the aliens find so attractive. Why the need to censor, are you that unstable?

Perhaps you should do some self-analysis to see where all your anger comes from. Maybe a valium would help.

No one forces you to read any of my posts. You DO have a choice.

--------------------

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
    #1113940 - 12/05/02 01:31 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"Perhaps you should do some self-analysis to see where all your anger comes from. Maybe a valium would help."

I wouls say im more frustrated than angry. Im trying to help you open your mind to the infinite possibilities and all you seem to want to do is ignore the wisdom in posts and quarrell. I think its about time you took your own advice and alalyzed yourself. What are you afraid of?

"hh, another member telling me what I can or cannot post meanwhile displaying his "higher spiritual vibration" that the aliens find so attractive. Why the need to censor, are you that unstable?"

Im not telling you what you can and cannot post, what im saying is that i think most of your posts are geared towards making others angry. I cant remember the last time you posted something helpful or nice. Its always to get a rise out of people. You feed off of peoples negative reactions. It seems very service to self to me.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1114291 - 12/05/02 02:51 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

thx Swami, but its hopeless. He doesn't have evidence - he didn't mean to say that, I guess.

--------------------

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
    #1114350 - 12/05/02 03:06 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I have evidence. It just isnt physical evidence. Its evidence that exists in my head based on what i know about aliens. (roswell, Snowflake, various books and writings, testimonials, crop circles, ufo sightings, ect.) Ive hade personal experiences with them as well. Is all of this not evidence? My evidence doesnt have to be truth to you for it still to be evidence.

--------------------

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Re: Alien Abduction [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #1114435 - 12/05/02 03:29 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I think it is a lot more likely that the few "real" reports are top secret military testing on then visitors from a far away galaxy. The US government has done a lot of research on both flying saucers and mind control, I was kinda suprised noone else brought up this possibility.

I knew it was the fucking government!!!

BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1114865 - 12/05/02 06:06 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Im trying to help you open your mind to the infinite possibilities and all you seem to want to do is ignore the wisdom in posts and quarrell.
If my mind was not open, I never would have investigated. However, every SINGLE claim had turned out to be a sham or a misinterpretation. Should I ignore 30 years of empty-handedness? Should I overlook ALL of the false (but sincere) claims?

I think its about time you took your own advice and alalyzed yourself. What are you afraid of?
Always with the "spiritual types" about me. Never about actual CONTENT.

Im not telling you what you can and cannot post, what im saying is that i think most of your posts are geared towards making others angry.

Please listen carefully. This is one of the highest spiritual teachings. Yes, even more important than alien visitation:

NO ONE CAN MAKE ANYONE ELSE ANGRY.

One can only express that which is already in one's heart. Grok this simple truth and my 5,000 hours here will have been worth it.

I cant remember the last time you posted something helpful or nice.
I have made many friends for life here. I frequently councel young people as a surrogate father out of the public eye via e-mail. I listen to them and try to share what I can.

When someone says 2+2=4, you will not hear me saying, "Great post! I wholeheartedly concur!" But say 2+2=5 and I will be there in spades. Thus silence is generally no opinion or agreement.

Its always to get a rise out of people.
Once again, who is it that is doing the "rising"?

You feed off of peoples negative reactions.
And positive reactions.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1115915 - 12/05/02 11:29 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

If my mind was not open, I never would have investigated.

The trouble is we can have no confidence whatsoever in your research. You call looking at area 51 through a pair of binoculars one night "research into aliens". Clearly it's nothing of the sort.

Perhaps anger isn't the word. Boring, uninteresting, tiresome, annoying. Take your pick.

I have made many friends for life here.

That doesn't mean you have posted anything worthwhile.

Once again, who is it that is doing the "rising"?

I've seen you "rising" plenty of times when you don't get your own way. Perhaps you should try looking at yourself the same way you look at others.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1115941 - 12/05/02 11:36 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

*Looks at self* Wow! What a handsome devil! :cool:

Not one expletive in 4000 posts. How many "spiritual types" such as your self can say that? 

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1116028 - 12/05/02 11:58 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Bill Hicks swore a lot. Ronald Reagan didn't.

I think Bill was slightly more spiritual than dear old Ronnie.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1116056 - 12/06/02 12:06 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

I think Bill was slightly more spiritual than dear old Ronnie.

Many more people would disagree with you than agree with you. Ronald Reagan had been quite openly religious, this is often considered 'spiritual.' Just because his belief system might not coincide with your mushroom induced fantasies, does not make it any less spiritual - just different.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Edited by Evolving (12/06/02 12:25 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1116061 - 12/06/02 12:08 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Seriously Alex, how do you determine someone's level of advancement? As you (or I) are not at the top of the mountain, our criterion are bound to be erroneous, are they not?

BTW, I am publicly calling for a truce for the New Year, agreed?

--------------------

Anonymous

#1116084 - 12/06/02 12:23 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Shouting and using coarse language do not really fit in the "Be Nice" policy.  Please try to be a better example for the others.

Anonymous

#1116133 - 12/06/02 12:37 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In the interest of being fair I have to comment on your post as well.

True, but that isa limited truth.  People can get frustrated by your comments even though you might mean them to be helpful.  Surely you are not that obtuse that you do not know what I am talking about.

Albert Ellis, the psychologist, says the same thing but that is not the whole story.  Yes, the anger comes from within the person but if I were to kill your child my actions did affect your emotions.  None of us are the Buddha Swami.  I am sure you are aware of that also.

You can argue against this all day if you like but you cannot change the immutable truth that people respond to the words and actions of others.  Now, I know you, at least I think I understand a part of you.  I know that you mean no harm.  Others who cannot see as clearly do not understand that when you post the way you do.  You're not obtuse.  You understand this too.

As a member here though you have your faults you are easy to moderate.  I never have to encourage you to say the better thing or alter your words.

I am not asking you to change but I am pointing out the fact that the statement you made is not entirely correct.  You're a wise man.  I leave you to reflect on it.

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
    #1116223 - 12/06/02 01:23 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I never came to this board claiming to be some kind of shaman or monk.  I am not immune to negativity, anger or any other emotion for that matter.    That doesnt mean i am not a spiritual person. 

I am here to teach and to learn not to argue and defend my beliefs.  Nor am I here to negate others beliefs.  I learn what I can from them and move on.  Recently i have been getting caught up in all this drama and im dissappointed in myself.  Im done with this nonsense. 

I have made some very good points in my posts that could be used to help people better themselves.  Instead of a reply that sounds like this "thanks for the advice" or "nice post,  thanks for your point of view"  I usually get a a reply with two out of the thirty lines i origanally  posted in bold with smart ass or degrading remarks below them.    Its kind of frustrating putting in the time to make an intelligent post that has some positive values and then getting a reply that indicates the reader missed the most meaningful parts. 

You definantely have an open mind Swami.  But it could be more open, just like mine could be more open.  Let us share our knowledge in hopes to provide one another with a different perspective.  Let us work together for the benefit of all. 

I hope you understand a little bit more about my purpose here.

peace out. :smile: 

--------------------

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
    #1116229 - 12/06/02 01:27 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry alex that was intended for swami.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1116646 - 12/06/02 09:24 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry alex that was intended for swami.

I know postal, I'm familiar with our dear swami's "techniques"  :laugh:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1116663 - 12/06/02 09:30 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

how do you determine someone's level of advancement?

Not easy. The thing about people not swearing i always remember is Adolf Eichmann saying he found swearing deeply offensive. Always made me slightly suspicious of people who don't swear...

I am publicly calling for a truce for the New Year

No problem, don't think we were ever at war, it just got a little fiesty at times.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1116778 - 12/06/02 10:12 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

No problem.

--------------------

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
    #1124119 - 12/09/02 06:59 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry you guys :frown: Removed due to me being an asshole)

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

Edited by Glacius (12/10/02 04:17 AM)

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Re: Alien Abduction [Re: Glacius]
    #1124144 - 12/09/02 07:11 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Woops, I didnt realize people here have had an expereince. Sorry if I came of a little harsh, I am quite against the thought of alein abduction, and think they're is another explaination for it. I dont mean to sound harsh, or to dis anyone. Sorry about that  :tongue: I didnt read the post at all, I just read the title, and stated my opinion about it. I didnt realize i might have been calling people here stupid. I dont think your stupid, just a little mis-guided.

--------------------
addicted to reason

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1124298 - 12/09/02 08:47 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"woops" indeed

--------------------

Anonymous

#1124340 - 12/09/02 09:07 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you for your second post.  It's bad form for a moderator of the Shroomery to deliberately hurt someone's feelings.  :smile:

Read our new policy. ^^^ at the top of the forum!

Nice to see you posting again! :smile:

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

#1127942 - 12/10/02 04:42 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I know, and I regret it. No cruel intentions at all. Ofcoarse, anyone who knows me, knows that I mean absolutely no harm what so ever, and I spend my life trying to help other people. It is the reason for my existence. It is the only thing that makes me feel happy, is to help other people, and the last thing I want is people to think I am a jerk.

--------------------
addicted to reason

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies