Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Growing bamboo
    #4778500 -

Anyone know if bamboo can be grown hydroponically?

I've tried googling this for a while but I keep getting results for growing "Lucky Bamboo". The Dracaena crap.

I'm going to be starting a bamboo property border this spring. If I could find a way to grow the rhizomes hydroponically or speed up growth some other way I'd be able to spread it around the property faster.

Most of the stores I've seen online are $15 dollars and up for just a nursery gallon container.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing bamboo [Re: NewfoundFreedom]
    #4778688 -

I've found some information on making cuttings from bamboo but from what I've read they don't tend to do as well as cutting off sections of new rhizomes. One way was to wrap the nodes with peat moss/perlite or some other medium and open it up to cut off the new root growth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing bamboo [Re: NewfoundFreedom]
    #4779143 -

they can grow in practically nothing but water...with
rocks for root support.

I'd have no idea what sort of nutes you'd need to give
them, but that shit grows like weeds around here.

to be quite honest, if you can't get high off it, you're
probably going ot have a hard time finding serious info
on how to grow it around here short of tomatoes and basil.

:smirk:


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing bamboo [Re: afoaf]
    #4779603 -

Yeah, hopefully I can figure something out. My property is pretty big and I'd like to get it all enclosed as soon as possible. They're putting in more houses in the area. Nothing I hate more people crowding the area. Also the barrier should block the noise of tractor trailers going by the main road at night. The roads pretty fat away but I can still hear them.


I decided on using Phyllostachys rubromarginata. It's supposed to grow 50+ feet in my climate zone. Anyone here have experience with this strain?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing bamboo [Re: NewfoundFreedom]
    #4780752 -

u wanna speed up bamboo? lol
is it just me or does that sound kinde like growing morning glories under hps lights?


--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing bamboo [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #4781047 -

Even with bamboo's fast growing speed it takes a few years for it to get really established and start putting out a good number of new culms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing bamboo [Re: NewfoundFreedom]
    #4784964 -

hmmm, arundo donax (giant reed) Ive heard is a good noise blocker, plus it contains very nice ammounts of DMT :wink: jk, i agree with your choice of bamboo.
btw i think the only way to speed it up would to be constantly taking cuttings of the rhizomes and planting them in semibare spots, you know? be careful with the tips though... dont want to keep it from growing!
btw you can get seeds off of ebay usually, and they are pretty good germination rate. you could start the plants inside and then transplant, and put in some 1 gallon plants.
thats my 2 cents!


--------------------
Did your grow fail, and now your out of spores? Problem Solved. Check out my CakeSaver Tek.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5236115/an/0/page/0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing bamboo [Re: NESpores]
    #4785050 -

I might give that a try. I've got alot of property I need covered.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
- [Re: NewfoundFreedom]
    #4838298 -

-

Edited by pod3 (10/26/06 10:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* extraction of phragmites australis rhizome... spice_warrior 2,888 4 10/29/09 08:33 AM
by fireshaman
* *old* hydroponic setup (very ghetto) *brought back to clerify things*
( 1 2 all )
C-Dizzle 5,512 38 07/01/06 12:39 AM
by C-Dizzle
* An Explaination, Question, and some Hydroponic Suggestions. Aneglakya 1,934 7 01/30/05 11:12 AM
by theocean06
* hydroponic cannabis nutrient regiment flavoraid 2,923 16 03/21/08 12:44 AM
by Le_Canard
* Growing salvia hydroponicly
( 1 2 all )
Beatnik 7,944 24 07/19/01 09:36 PM
by dimitri211
* How to: Hydroponic Salvia g0pher 5,597 19 01/08/08 06:07 AM
by royer
* hydroponics queshtion Shyarrt Smeeeeg 1,200 6 03/19/09 02:01 PM
by ethnoguy
* My *Hydroponic* Cactus Experiment *Update 9/6/07*
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Cakes 22,212 65 06/12/11 12:57 AM
by theMallacht

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
924 topic views. 0 members, 6 guests and 15 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.