Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Re: new hydroponic setup (very ghetto) [Re: Magash]
    #5796706 - 06/27/06 06:20 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

hydro

Pro's lots of oxygen to roots. Every time it floods it forces out the old air and when it drains it sucks in new air. Some systems keep the roots in a constantly oxygenated solution. Nutrient probs are very easy to fix and to monitor and changes can be made fast. With soil to correct a nute fuck up you have to do some major flushing. Hydro systems use less water (thats right I said less) then soil systems.

Cons
It's all about the bud baby. Taste, smell are much better with soil. Once you have your soil system down it's just as fast as hydro. Takes longer for nutrient problems to fuck with the plant. (once they do they are harder to get rid of though.)

yadda yadda yadda

Wanna have some fun look up aeroponics

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleC-Dizzle
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5796726 - 06/27/06 06:26 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Also growing in soils not as good because the plant focuses on root developement to search for nutrients, and in hydroponics, it sits in the nutrients, so it focuses less on searching for nutrients and more on stem/leaf/bud development :wink:

Edited by calab (06/27/06 06:27 PM)

Anonymous

#5796763 - 06/27/06 06:35 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I'll still experiment with my own though. Cause I dont like to pay for shit i can rig up or make myself, for example I'd rather go cut down some willow branches than pay for some expensive fancy rooting solution.

Willow water
worm castings
guano
gelatin

That sounds good to me. I would think that if you squished it all up, it'd be really easy for the roots to spread, yet it'd be thick enough to hold the seedlings weight, then you could transplant into soil.

^^ That right there is the type of thinking that will fuck up your grows. And sadly it's just how my brain works.

InvisibleC-Dizzle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: new hydroponic setup (very ghetto) [Re: Anonymous]
    #5796772 - 06/27/06 06:37 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I jsut got some cheap "Take Root" rooting compound from walmart :P haha

InvisibleC-Dizzle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: new hydroponic setup (very ghetto) [Re: C-Dizzle]
    #5796777 - 06/27/06 06:38 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

that i fucked up and put in soil, when it says on the bottle to put in a cup of water, geez im so ignorant to reading bottles :P

Anonymous

#5796783 - 06/27/06 06:39 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

calab said:
Also growing in soils not as good because the plant focuses on root developement to search for nutrients, and in hydroponics, it sits in the nutrients, so it focuses less on searching for nutrients and more on stem/leaf/bud development :wink:

Then use a mycorhizzal supplement maybe?
Anyway I'd rather get a little less and take a few extra weeks and get fine champagne, then do it as fast as possible and get the most I can and end up with sparkling wine. Quality over quantity.

InvisibleC-Dizzle
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5796800 - 06/27/06 06:43 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

hydro grows denser buds, w/e that means just giving info to u guys from my grow bible

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

#5797135 - 06/27/06 08:13 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry man but how dense a bud is is determined by how much light it gets. Take a plant and grow it hydro in low light and take a plant grow in a bucket of sand. The hydro plant will have more bud but it will be airy compared to the few but much denser plant under the light.

As far as soil plants having to look for nutrients maybe in the wild but most people are using the same nutrients hydro guys are using. In other words the nutrients are being delivered by the grower himself and not a pump.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Anonymous

#5797172 - 06/27/06 08:25 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I've been doing some reading the past few hours, and a good hour of that was on hydro, basically I came to this conclusion: "fuck hydro". I did in fact look up ''aeroponics'' since you mentioned it in this thread earlier though, and I came to this conclusion: "!!!!!!! " Roots suspended in air being misted with nutrient solution!???!! What the fuck. That really makes me want to try it, mostly I think cause it appeals to the mad scientist in me.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

#5797357 - 06/27/06 09:27 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Here is a aeroponics cloner I'm testing out that is very easy for anybody to copy with hardware store stuff http://ezclone.com/# click the demo

Here is another site with better printed info http://growthtechnology.com/prop-ezclone.asp

--------------------

InvisibleC-Dizzle
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5797397 - 06/27/06 09:39 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

right on, well my hydro is outdoors lol

Anonymous

#5797747 - 06/27/06 11:22 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Nice.

Quote:

that is very easy for anybody to copy with hardware store stuff

You know I was already thinking about ways to rig up sprayers using those little twists nozzles on cheap spray bottles and shit like that :wink:

InvisibleC-Dizzle
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5797802 - 06/27/06 11:32 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

the pet shop here was spray nozzles and water pumps, but would a water pump be turned into a nutrient pump?

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

#5798114 - 06/28/06 01:06 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Same thing. There is no such thing as a nutrient pump they are all just fish tank or fountain pumps.

--------------------

InvisibleC-Dizzle
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5798118 - 06/28/06 01:09 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

okay and im guessing i pour the nutrients into the pump... and it releases it, cuz if not, whats the point of having it, if ur gunna have to jsut manually do it anyways, cuz i thought they are supposed to be automatic.. but i dont know shit abomut water pump,so if you could, could you tell me how that works, like decriptions, pictures.... ect

Anonymous

#5798339 - 06/28/06 03:26 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

#5798471 - 06/28/06 05:27 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Ok don't take this wrong but you need to get a few soil grows under your belt first cause it's just not sounding like hydro is gonna work.

--------------------

InvisibleC-Dizzle
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5808340 - 07/01/06 12:32 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

eh, ive had years of soil grows of many things, its boring me.. so im going hydro starting with tomatoes first, so far im very sucessful with 17 flowers :laugh: my soil tomatoes only have 5-10 and theyve been alive alot longer

InvisibleC-Dizzle
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5808367 - 07/01/06 12:39 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

i think im fine manually puting in my nutrients, im not focused on the hightech stuff..

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder