Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
i need to cry...
    #4748893 - 10/03/05 01:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

but i can't.

i haven't cried in so long. i can't let myself, and i don't know why. whenever i start to cry, i tell myself i'm trying to cry, and then i got stuck in this petty fruitless thoughtloop that makes me question my emotions and their validity...

it's driving me crazy. i really need to cry.

if i think about it, i wouldn't let my parents see me cry. i don't think i'd let any of my friends see my cry... or even strangers really. i just wouldn't want to explain my sadness to them. it would be like admitting to people that i don't feel satisfied with my life, and i don't want other people to think about that...

today has started exceptionally well. i can't really help but smile. i even shed a few tears, in a public place no less! that felt real good.

maybe it just isn't time for me to cry right now. i'm fine though, whichever way things go, it's not like i can't deal with them. i love life, i just wish i knew how to make the most of it. i got "the complete idiot's guide to zen living" yesterday, and even just reading the first two chapters i feel good. inspired me to meditate a bit, and i think that might be why i feel so good right now.

now that i think about it... i'ma go meditate right now. i'm on campus, and we have some beautiful spots. ah, life is good!

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: i need to cry... [Re: entiformatie]
    #4750397 - 10/03/05 06:52 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Crying is a response to emotional pressure.

MAYBE.................you don't really need to cry.

If your life this day is good ?
Then why the need to cry ?
I am confused by your post.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4750443 - 10/03/05 07:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You really need to cry dude. Try solo low dose shrooms. Or solo E trip.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4750924 - 10/03/05 08:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Turn that sadness into anger. That's what I do.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: i need to cry... [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4751211 - 10/03/05 09:51 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hmm interesting topic. I too haven't cried for a while, for the same reason.. as soon as it even comes up I recognize it as an emotional response, and then I identify the cause and deal with it rationally.

however, I'm not so sure I have really felt like I needed to cry. Crying is really just somewhat of a nervous breakdown the brain goes through when it is under stress.. and there are many other constructive ways to relieve stress, like meditation or since we are here.. drugs.

although i guess drugs aren't constructive, but ya...

--------------------
music: myspace.com/soundscientists
I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf.

No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Re: i need to cry... [Re: kotik]
    #4751627 - 10/03/05 11:15 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i don't want to resort to either drugs or anger to solve my issues, heh. both seem counterproductive to me. i mean, i still use mushrooms and other hallucinogens. now that i think about it though, i think i could gain a bit of insight into the situation via psychotropic plants... i still don't think they will solve my problems, but new insights may be useful. because i'm seriously having trouble even identifying the problem.

today has been pretty great. i read, meditated, studied, took a test, relaxed, and tried to make the most out of my day. i was looking at a poster, and i let myself shed a tear for the content...

it's been a while since i've been able to do this, and it felt real good. i just haven't felt anything particularly passionate lately, everything is too fleeting... i want to find something i really believe in and love. i've made some progress with meditation and yoga, and i think i know where the answer is. maybe this post was more to get things off my chest than to ask for advice, although i definitely appreciate the advice, you guys are great, thanks for the replies :-)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4751935 - 10/04/05 12:23 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

it's best to just not think about crying.

Like if you just randomly feel a compelling sadness... just feel it. Just sit there and acknowladge that you feel it, and if it needs to be let out in tear form then it should happen that way.

if you say to yourself I NEED TO CRY or DON'T CRY it's going to cause issues.

this is much easier said than done, because I remember a time when I felt so so sad, but could hardly ever cry... even though I wanted to because I knew it would make me feel better.

I think crying is emotion leaving the body.... so .... the goal is to just let your emotions flow, not to dwell on them, and if you feel particularly blue just sit down and say to yourself "okay, i accept that i feel this way" and just feel it... and hope that it flows out.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#4751984 - 10/04/05 12:30 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by Catalysis (10/04/05 12:37 AM)

OfflineBrakkie
Myself
Loc: Rotterdam... The City of ...
Re: i need to cry... [Re: Catalysis]
    #4753069 - 10/04/05 08:48 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I haven't cried in like 4 years... Even when my little cousin of 6 weeks died I didn't cry... I don't know why I can't cry... I guess I see crying as a weak point for myself... I see it as weak to myself... I wanted to cry when my gf broke up with me about 5 weeks ago (yes I got a new one right now hehe)but I couldn't... She was like aren't you sad this is going like this? I was like yeah sure but I can't cry...

It's just so fucking hard for me to show emotions... Like love... It's hard for me to understand how to show love to someone... How to really let them know I love them... I guess my lack of emotions is the reason why all my other relationships broke up... The girl I'm with right now knows my reasons and deals with it pretty well but fuck I'm going off topic right now hehe...

Why do you wanna cry? To let all your feelings go and feel empty minded again? If so you can also try go to a gym and go excercise or go to a shooting range or whatever you like to let your mind go free... If shrooms are the way for you then go for that if you want to... I wouldn't recommend it though...

Best of luck to you man!

--------------------
"This combines the good sides of every other drug with none of the bad. This is the ultimate luxury, the flawless wisdom-pleasure hit. More mellow and cozy than heroin, but you don't nod out. I feel more alive and wired and energetic than with speed, but not jangly. Its got the blast of cocaine, but it lasted ten times longer."

"Going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience is like going to the grave without ever having sex. That means you will die before even becoming an adolescent." -Terence Mckenna

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Re: i need to cry... [Re: Brakkie]
    #4755118 - 10/04/05 06:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i was a bit concerned that there might be something wrong with me. for a while i thought that i would be unable to cry if my parents died. i thought about it, and it didn't make me sad. this made me feel like a pretty horrible person, but i couldn't feel sad about that either.

i've rediscovered emotion and passion though. 3 days of meditation, a little bit of focus on kundalini, and i really feel... new. i had some beautiful energy today. not like pseudo-metaphysical energy, but i just felt fucking great, the trees were singing and so was I. I'm not concerned anymore about this whole crying thing.

I wanted to cry cause I felt it would make me normal. I guess that's not entirely true, but now I feel very capable of crying.

Also, for a while my laughter and smiles were very forced, at the same time that I couldn't cry. I haven't forced laughter or smiles in a few days now, and it feels great...

that lachrymology stuff is way interesting... i think i agree with it.

anywho, as somebody said, i think the best thing to do is not dwell on emotions. if i get sad, feel it, and let it pass. sometimes i try to bring it back, and that's where i mess it up.

thanks for all the replies!

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
    #4755174 - 10/04/05 06:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Forcing yourself to cry is like forcing yourself to laugh... at nothing. It's extremely forced when it's a condition that results from some type of cause. In order to cry or laugh, you need a stimulus of some sort.

Personally, I don't cry ever anymore because I'm a depressed emotionless bastard. You sound like a motivated individual with the vigor of life in you. Do you need to cry or not? Don't think about it; let it happen.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #4758423 - 10/05/05 12:29 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The time will come when it needs to.
When my grandma died, i shed one tear at the news, and went on with my buisness. I guess i was releived that she was dead, she had been suffering. Mabey i was blocking out my emotions.
At her memorial, i cried like a women in front of friends, and family.
remember real men cry. Its nothing to be ashamed of.

--------------------

OfflineBrakkie
Myself
Loc: Rotterdam... The City of ...
    #4759253 - 10/05/05 03:47 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

entiformatie said:
i was a bit concerned that there might be something wrong with me. for a while i thought that i would be unable to cry if my parents died. i thought about it, and it didn't make me sad. this made me feel like a pretty horrible person, but i couldn't feel sad about that either.

I still got those feelings... I can't cry when someone dies cause in my point of view it's part of nature... It's just something that happens and I won't get anywhere by crying... I'll just continue on with my life I guess...

--------------------
"This combines the good sides of every other drug with none of the bad. This is the ultimate luxury, the flawless wisdom-pleasure hit. More mellow and cozy than heroin, but you don't nod out. I feel more alive and wired and energetic than with speed, but not jangly. Its got the blast of cocaine, but it lasted ten times longer."

"Going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience is like going to the grave without ever having sex. That means you will die before even becoming an adolescent." -Terence Mckenna

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being