Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Appear to be pan subbs....but that just can't be.
    #4642518 -

Well I was walking through a friends backyard today and I saw these growing in clusters in his lawn. Now mind you the lawn is not nice whatso ever, in fact they just dug most of it up to build a new garage so where these were growing was on once loose dirt. Now They were covered in black spore deposits but I have a spore print now to ensure that. Here's some pics and a description of my finds. I got 20 grams wet but, there were more.

Habitat = Back yard of friends house country part of Ohio more northern. Been around 80 lately little bit of rain here and there. Very cruddy soil barely anything but crab grass and weeds.

Gills = Seem to be black but almost have a brown look to em. Some have the white edge most don't. Not attached to the stem.

Stem = Pan subb thick with grooves running up them. Hollow and white with black spore deposits. Snaps very easily.

Cap = Brown spot in the middle yellow tanish around. Flat ( convex is the word I believe) with a very smooth fleshy texture.

Spores = Black spore deposits on everything ( including hands after I picked them up ) but doing actual spore print now.

Does not bruise

Does not smell like a pan subb but smells normal shroomy

Heres pics






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Appear to be pan subbs....but that just can't be. [Re: vandago]
    #4642545 -

Hmm...they do look very strange. I have seen subbs growing in near pure crabgrass, though...

Very clearly black spores coming off of those though. Perhaps it is some other type of pan? Im not really sure...I think these pictures leave me just as confused as you :P. The caps look pretty strange, and I think that seems to be the most bizzare feature of it seperating it from a subb.


--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Appear to be pan subbs....but that just can't be. [Re: Ramuh]
    #4642657 -

I've found pan subbs that look identical in every way to those. Especially the flat caps. The larger ones I find in horse dung always have flat caps and look a lot like that. Mind you those in the pics are a pretty decent size the biggest one being about 2.5 inch across.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Appear to be pan subbs....but that just can't be. [Re: vandago]
    #4643416 -

Ahh..I have yet to find any subbs in dung, although I have found ones a good 3" across the cap before though.

Its not the flatness of the cap I was talking about, though, as that isn't really uncommon. I was referring to the color a bit and the texture.

What I use to ID subbs (lower part of stem, gills, verrry top of stem) are not in the pictures, though. I certainly don't disagree that these could very well be subbs, just wtf is with the cap on the one in the last picture.


--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Appear to be pan subbs....but that just can't be. [Re: Ramuh]
    #4643521 -

no need for contention, those are psathyrella velutina.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* pan subbs strang 898 1 05/31/01 07:19 PM
by Mitchnast
* Hay Bail Pan subbs (Photos added July 5th)
( 1 2 all )
shroomydan 10,468 24 07/05/05 04:20 PM
by Hermes_br
* Pan Subb look-a-likes? Great_Cthulhu 2,316 3 06/05/01 12:27 AM
by Great_Cthulhu
* Worlds biggest Pan subbs (pics)
( 1 2 all )
Mitchnast 8,744 27 03/12/04 04:17 PM
by Mitchnast
* Pan Subbs!? freezepooter 1,379 6 08/18/05 06:59 PM
by Blek
* help IDing pan subbs in mich
( 1 2 all )
bigtomster 5,810 31 06/20/05 01:54 AM
by bigtomster
* Pan subbs up in CNY...
( 1 2 all )
flanders53 8,281 33 05/21/03 10:28 PM
by flanders53
* Pan subbs in their habitat (pics)
( 1 2 all )
nermski 13,034 27 06/08/03 07:37 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,393 topic views. 0 members, 20 guests and 39 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.