Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTolga7T
Stranger
Panaeolus cyanescens Cultivation
    #4634081 - 09/08/05 02:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hello, I have just received my substrate jars from pfjars.com and I have my Panaeolus cyanescens spores... Now I'm about to inoculate my jars but I have a couple of questions that I tried looking for online but couldnt find answers...

1-I'm going to keep the jars under my bed for about a week (yes, it's stealth) Do you think that would be a problem? The temperature is going to be around 80-85 , but does humidity/sunlight matter before I put them in a plastic tray?

2-I am going to use dung and a thin layer of peat moss. Do I need anything else?

3-I'm going to cover the tray with polyethylene wrap, and put it outside somewhere in the woods (so they can get sunshine too), but what are my responsibilities after this point? I hear I have to spray with a spray bottle, but I also hear it is bad for the shrooms. What am I supposed to do? And fanning? And what should the temperature/humidity should be?

I have looked everywhere in the site, but I need exact answers, you know? I want everything to be perfect. You dont know how much you'll help me if you just answer my questions. Thank you sooo much in advance

----------------
Ok, I just inoculated my jars. However I was able to fill only 8 of the jars (I had 12). Did I put too much spores or did I have extra jars?

Also, as being an idiot, I totally forgot to shake the needle or wipe it with alcohol. Do you think it's gonna be a major issue?

Also, do I keep the jars covered with foil now? Or do I let air go in through the holes?

Edited by Tolga7T (09/08/05 04:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineagentstone
Stranger
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens Cultivation [Re: Tolga7T]
    #4634114 - 09/08/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ummm
I would say the the temp under the bed would be ok for incubating..
as for the rest of the other stuff.... I would read the cultivation guides a bit... they have all the information you need. Now i know you want an easy answer but you have to READ! so go on.

Stone

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4634126 - 09/08/05 02:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The temps seem OK cuz Pans like the 80ish temps. Check out this thread. It should help answer some questions. GL

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineTolga7T
Stranger
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens Cultivation [Re: FooMan]
    #4634533 - 09/08/05 04:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, I just inoculated my jars. However I was able to fill only 8 of the jars (I had 12). Did I put too much spores or did I have extra jars?

Also, as being an idiot, I totally forgot to shake the needle or wipe it with alcohol. Do you think it's gonna be a major issue?

Also, do I keep the jars covered with foil now? Or do I let air go in through the holes?

Offlinemushisgood_420
Stranger
    #4634629 - 09/08/05 04:20 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

And the strain you are looking at is a tough one to grow so be sure that you have all your ducks in a row before raping the jar :laugh:

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens Cultivation [Re: mushisgood_420]
    #4636264 - 09/08/05 11:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mushisgood_420 said:
And the strain you are looking at is a tough one to grow so be sure that you have all your ducks in a row before raping the jar :laugh:

species  ------  not strain

Welcome to the Shroomery

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens Cultivation [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4636593 - 09/09/05 12:44 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery. Good luck.

Like they said, reading some more will get you far more information in the next twenty-four hours will waiting for all the info you need. As they mentioned, cyans are for the more experienced grower. Nothing wrong with trying though - you will learn a lot I am sure.

Sitting in the sun in the forest might give those babies a bit more heat than you want.

To be honest, you don't sound like your reading is up to speed just yet. You will soon find one of the most basic operations in this hobby is to understand exactly what it is you are doing, not how to do it. Things like "do I poke holes in the foil" during incubation are kind of some things that you should know before you get to the knock-up stage. In any rate, for lord's sake don't poke holes in that lid :smile:

Gluck

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens Cultivation [Re: ADoobie]
    #4637106 - 09/09/05 07:44 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I too would love to grow this species someday...keep a log if you can, I'd like to follow it :wink:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens Cultivation [Re: Newbie]
    #4637331 - 09/09/05 09:58 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

First off, I'd mix about 30% vermiculite with the dung, before spawning to fluff it up. Then I'd add about 50% verm to the peat moss, before using it as your casing layer, and I'd add a little powdered oyster shells to the peat as well for a long term pH buffer. I'd also use a cheese grater to break up the cakes into the dung.

From there I would NOT follow with your plan. If its in the sun to much, direct sunlight is bad, and heat will be bad. Beyond that though the biggest problem will be fresh air exchanges. These are NOT cubensis and REQUIRE lots of fresh air, unlike cubensis. Fresh air exchanges really should be 2-3 times per hour, but 6-10 times a day might work. Only 2 or 3 wont work, like it will for cubies. If it is humid enough outside, you could put the tray in a shaded cool area, with NOTHING covering it..however youd need to make sure it doesnt dry out, over heat, ect, and it most likly would dry out (unless as I said, humidity is very high there, over 85%, and you mist once or twice a day)

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens Cultivation [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4637382 - 09/09/05 10:17 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm a big fan of the double tub due to it's simplicity and being able to move it at a moments notice for stealth purposes. I am thinking about an experiment with Pans using a double tub. I know FAE would be an issue with the DT. For that I'm thinking about putting an oscillating fan on a low setting about 6ft away from the tub during fruiting. This should provide constant air exchange. I'll be doing it with small 19qt tubs, so that I won't be too heartbroken if it doesn't work.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4637432 - 09/09/05 10:33 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Make a post on your results if they are good. I had discussions with a member once about it, and personally I dont like the idea, because they REALLY like fresh air, and the humidity drop..double tubs can get very very moist, holding in all the moisture. The pans like it after they start pinning if you let them dry out a bit "wet FEET, DRY heads" and lots of air exchange. I have not tried it though, and have not even used an exact double tub, especially with a fan pointed at it..so it may work and warrents experimenting.

>Also, as being an idiot, I totally forgot to shake the needle or wipe it with alcohol. Do you think it's gonna be a major issue?

Shaking the syringe (not the needle) to disperse spores isnt horrible, but you might get some jars that are slower, or dont start at all..inconsistancies between jars basically. However not wiping with alcohol is a BIG problem..did you flame it anyway? If you get lucky, then they wont contam...but you need to wipe with aocohol before and after every injection to ensure clean results.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #4637525 - 09/09/05 11:05 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Make a post on your results if they are good.

Definitely will do. With my first DT, I pointed a fan right at it (not oscillating) and had it constantly running. This seemed to dry up the tub a bit from the gradual decrease in condensation visible on the sides. The flushes weren't great, but that was with cubs, not pans. I think I will be able to kind of regulate the humidity/FAE by adjusting the fan speed/distance. I'm going to have to keep good notes on this experiment though, cuz I'm sure if it does work, others would follow suit.

That's one thing that I haven't found on the Shroomery yet. A good growlog/tek on a Pan grow with DETAILED procedures and pics. Not that there aren't any good Pan growlogs or teks on here, but none that are really DETAILED. I'm looking for something similar to your 15lb Tenn Stud growlog Scat, but for Pans. This would help big time for vets and newbees alike.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4637592 - 09/09/05 11:23 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well, You basically use the same procedures as in that thread. Thats all I do every time..the few variances are probably talked about me in my Pan Cyan "grow log" its not very detailed, but perhaps it hasnt been seen yet by you or the poster, its worth looking at for tips..but I'm far from mastering cubensis yet, and even further from mastering pan cyans.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...94a59cadda865fc

--------------------

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #4637639 - 09/09/05 11:40 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

No, I had not seen your pan grow log before, NICE! I hope I can get similar results with the DT. If I do, I'll step up to a larger tub. Is rye grass seed better to use for pans than other grains? I notice a helluva lot of people using it for Pan grows. I am using 3 quart jars of Pennington's finch seed and 1 jar of rye now to see which of the two fares better.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4637657 - 09/09/05 11:48 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

RGS has been shown to do well with pans, but water content is a PITA to get right...I have done pans with no RGS added to the spawn or substrate, and it works just fine as well..however for that log, I had some extra, so I added some in..

If you go down towards the end, one of my posts explains what I did..besides the normal stuff..it wasnt put together as a tek or anything though..had no idea how it would turn out since it was my first, but if you check my procedure is down a few posts above the trip report.

--------------------

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #4637685 - 09/09/05 12:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:thumbup: Thanks dude! Wait, I've never rated you?

:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals