Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineskylerj
Stranger
Loc: NJ
Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is?
    #311824 - 05/07/01 09:43 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Hi, I was thinking of growing Psi Cyanescens because they look pretty, it'll be a fun challenge, but most of all because they are the most potent there is. However, are they only potent in hallucentory chemicals because they are light in weight to begin with. Pound for pound, do you reap more psilocybe with other more easy to grow shrooms, like cubensis? Is it worth it?
Another thing, what's the deal with asbestos in vermilacite. I like mushrooms and all, but i'm not going to risk cancer over them!! I want some answers,
-Does vermilicite have asbestos only in New England.
-What kinds of vermilicite have asbestos in it and how can you tell?
-Is this an urban legend?
thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsylohassee
enthusiast
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: skylerj]
    #311852 - 05/07/01 10:06 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

you ignorant bastard.

Offlinemagnusra

Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: psylohassee]
    #311860 - 05/07/01 10:09 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Wow.

Don't be too concerned with the vermiculite. Go to the Shultz's website they have info there. I don't have the URL handy and I'm too lazy and tired to open another window sorry. Just search it will be easy to find.

* The above post is not meant to be the thoughts and/or opinions of the author. I am relaying information for an acquintance and only write in first-person to simplify the process

--------------------
[red]* The above post is not meant to be the thoughts and/or opinions of the author. I am relaying information for an acquintance and only write in first-person to simplify the process[/red]

OfflineMNmyc
enthusiast

Loc: MN
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: magnusra]
    #311874 - 05/07/01 10:25 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

OIUOPIUOIIIII I'm kja[s oj[foiaoaa a a a a strasnger akj jrjajraoirfd f sdfIKkd can f ads kdickkickk tyoutyyyyoafure'e kfjda jdskjasas as sa ss ad asd ffjfdjfjjff fds wkjektekleele as ft tellll fa sdmremeeme emme ad fa wja thhthe h s hsuisiatita sshsit ,

got it?

*As in do I?
Take it easy. And if it's easy, take it twice!

this excerpt and all characters contained within are entirely fictional. Any similarity to reality or not is completely coincidental...

Edited by MNmyc on 05/08/01 12:26 AM.

--------------------
Life is what happens while you're making other plans...

OfflineMNmyc
enthusiast

Loc: MN
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: MNmyc]
    #311881 - 05/07/01 10:29 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

what did you say?

Take it easy. And if it's easy, take it twice!

this excerpt and all characters contained within are entirely fictional. Any similarity to reality or not is completely coincidental...

--------------------
Life is what happens while you're making other plans...

Anonymous

Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: MNmyc]
    #311898 - 05/07/01 10:41 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Psilocybe cyanescens are a challenge for *experienced* cultivators. They don't grow them because they are 'pretty'!

For more info on cultivating this potent specie, visit the info page at the SporeLab.

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

OfflinewhyIdied

Loc: The exact center of the e...
    #311934 - 05/07/01 11:28 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Hey skylerj...

I've wondered the same thing.  Not that anyone will answer us, since they are too busy invenomating their keyboards...

So to any decent gentlefolk:
Are pan trops/cyans, per pound of substrate , going to yeild MORE or LESS psilocybin, psilocin, baeocystin, etc...than P. cubensis?  I know the stats (.85%, .36%, .03% vs.  .63%, .60%, .025%), but I am just wondering from someone who has grown them a lot if they are "worth it" or just trendy like Nike sneakers?

Oh yeah, and don't be paranoid about the asbestos... it's actually very tasty and good for you.:tongue:

...slow moves, sweet feet...

--------------------

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: ]
    #312259 - 05/08/01 10:58 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Stamets showed some slides of 'the best cyanescens cultivator' he knew of.

The funny thing was, this dude didn't even realize what he was doing, he was an older guy who was a big-time gardener/horticulturist. He would add inches of fresh alder to his rhododendrons every year, and inadvertently produced incredible cyanescens flushes. We've seen Stamets' book photos of his own 'garden'; this other dude must have had something special. No spawn, no agar, no cloning.
So I don't really think cyanescens are that tough to grow outdoors if the environment is good. They transplant pretty nicely as well, though you want to avoid fresh aromatic wood chips such as cedar.

Offlinedioze1
Satans minion inthe war onlaughter
Loc: Up a hogs ass looking for...
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: whyIdied]
    #312304 - 05/08/01 12:17 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I don't know alot about Ps. Cyan's so I can't say much there..... BUT the PAN Cyan(and Trops) I will tell you, are VERY much worth the effort!!! I have NEVER(in 12 yrs) eaten any Cubes that were as VISUAL as these are. Not to mention a little goes a LONG ways. As for the pound for pound of substrate/yields go, unless you are dealing- it don't matter(not an implication BTW). It takes a Goddamn 5 gallon bucket of Pans to amount to much weight! But, a gram and a half of these little fellers will blister your brain!!( Show me where I can get a gram and a half of cubes that will do that.)
Pound for pound of substrate you MIGHT get more "juice" out of the Cubes, BUT Pound for Pound of shrooms, you will get a TON more "juice" out of the Pans.
They are my fave!! They are EASY and FAST to grow!! And they will blow your mind!!
Dioze1
(a Pan Fan)

--------------------
Not all that wander are lost.

Offlinejayz4all
stranger thanfriction
Loc: right there
    #312306 - 05/08/01 12:21 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I think that P. azurescens are even more potent than the cyans.

Offlinekali
journeyman
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: jayz4all]
    #312359 - 05/08/01 01:51 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I'm a little dissapointed to hear that Cyans are supposed
to be so potent. They are the only ones i've taken and although i've had a good trip from them I would not consider them that potent. I have taken a decent dosage as well. The first couple of times I didn't get anything of them. Unless my identification is wrong, I guess I'll just have to increase the dosage to a large extent.
BTW AFOAF chucked a bunch of bark/wood chips from a local shroom site into a fish tank with no regard for any sterility and has had quite a few Cyans popping up. Lucky fucking bastard!

OfflinewhyIdied

#312440 - 05/08/01 03:57 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

That's what I was looking for...that there's something to the pans that you can't get with the cubs.  That makes them worth it - whatever it is... I just have a skeptical voice in my head that says that perhaps different mushroom strains/species really don't effect the trip at all - just the chemicals.  But after 12 years of experience, I'm sure you know.  I am not that experienced at all.  THANK YOU!!! :wink:

--------------------

Offlinedioze1
Satans minion inthe war onlaughter
Loc: Up a hogs ass looking for...
    #312525 - 05/08/01 05:25 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

HELL yeah!! they are potent. They are WELL worth the effort! I promise!! They are THE MOST visual species I have ever tried. Ask around, they'll tell you, these aren't just a bunch of hype!!
Dioze1

--------------------
Not all that wander are lost.

Offlineskylerj
Stranger
Loc: NJ
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: dioze1]
    #312560 - 05/08/01 05:53 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Just a suggestion:
Since we already know the potency levels of cyanesens, I guess the key question is *What is the average weight of one crop of Cyanesens* Does anyone know the answer to this. For those of you about to start a crop, here's a really easy way we can estimate total crop weight. Take the weight of 10 shrooms and average that number. Also, keep track of how many shrooms you grow untill the substrate is exhausted. Then, take THAT number (the average weight per shroom) and multiply by the number of shrooms, and presto, we got a good estimation of total crop weight. One should also do this with the lesser concentrated species, like cubensis (hopefully someone already has average crop weight for this species). Once we have these numbers, we can take the potency ratios and figure out the amount of hallucinatory chemicals produced per crop of different species.

I, like the above poster, am a bit skeptic. I won't believe that cyans or any other species has unique hallucinatory attributes, aside from a placebo effect, untill someone can tell me the chemical reason why.

Anonymous

Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: kali]
    #312867 - 05/09/01 01:10 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Kali, if you have only ever done cyans, how are you judging their potency? What are you comparing them too?
It doesn't even sound like you did them, you would have gotten off. I would also need a pic of the shrooms in your aquarium. cyans normally fruit in the fall, in cool temps. Colonized chips can be grown out in a fridge but this would be in the fall when they fruit normally.

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

OfflinewhyIdied

#312882 - 05/09/01 02:00 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

OK, so dioze1, tell me your pan tek, if you can...
I am not exactly a sceptic, just careful.  Please tell me all that you do to get these pleasing results.
:smile:

--------------------

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#316716 - 05/14/01 04:14 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

ps. cyans are EXTREMELY potent. I've tried them 4 times and they just rock your system. BUT for me.. in a bad way. I dont like the high or the vibe from them. Neither did a few of my friends that ate them with me.
Yes, very VERY visual. But also a LOT of body noise. These things wired me out so hard in a bad, uncomfortable way. Very speedy, very hard on the body. At least for me and my friends.
I've picked them wild in WA several times, and they certainly are very beautiful to observe and pick. But I'll never eat them again. That is only 1 of 2 mushrooms I'll never eat again. They just have to much body noise for me. Now I have met a few ppl that agree with me, but most dont care, they like them and enjoy eating them. Ps. Azurescens, sister species to ps. cyanescens, were very clean on the other hand. those are smooth.
But the smoothest, cleanest, peacefull, PUREST mushroom vibe of all the species I have tried are definatly the panaeolus cyans and tropicalis. Those rank #1 in my book.

From what I learned from all my friends in WA who pick them, is simply to put fresh alder wood chips on the patches each spring, and new crops keep coming up every fall.

Certainly give the ps. cyans a try if you get the chance. Just be prepared for a white knuckle ride :wink:

-Peace-
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #316740 - 05/14/01 05:14 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

whats the 2nd type of shroom "you will never eat again"..?

~fortyounces2freedom~ & ~disconnectedhaze~

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Offlinesnarf
enthusiast
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #316746 - 05/14/01 05:28 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

How much did you take Ryche on those 4 times that you tried them. If you took less on one occasion, was it just as bad as when you had taken more? Thanks.

OfflineTaz
veteran
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: kali]
    #316747 - 05/14/01 05:48 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

dude, how can you say that cyans are not that potent when u yourself said they was the only kind you did? maybe you should try some Ps. cubensis and then you will see a difference. then u can judge wether they are potent are not but, i think you will then see that they are vary potent....

"Out of chaos...comes order...." AND THE FSR..

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: 40oz]
    #316750 - 05/14/01 05:56 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

The 2nd type... I wont say. Another spore vendor is so proud of that strain, but its a cub. And it gives extreme body noise as well.

I didn't eat much at all 3 of the 4 times. About 2 grams or so. It doesn't take much of these. Same with ps. azures, and pans, 2 grams is plenty for a beautiful trip.

I'll never eat the ps. cyans again, but I cant wait to get back to WA this fall and pick them. Their is something very powerfull about standing over a patch of them and just absorbing their beauty. I hope to have this same experience with ps. azurescens next fall as well.

Edited by Ryche Hawk on 05/14/01 07:58 AM.

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Invisibleshroomerite
Apprentice

Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: psylohassee]
    #15423443 - 11/25/11 07:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

psylohassee said:
you ignorant bastard.

I know this is an old thread but I fell out of my chair laughing when I read this! LMMFAO! :laugh2:

--------------------
  "For best results, learn to work with nature rather than against it. Mycelium has an amazing ability to cope with less than optimal conditions, and will often fruit when a grower does everything wrong. However, do everything right and watch your performance go through the roof." RR

InvisibleJavadog
Continuing along
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: shroomerite]
    #15423489 - 11/25/11 07:25 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

shroomerite said:
Quote:

psylohassee said:
you ignorant bastard.

I know this is an old thread but I fell out of my chair laughing when I read this! LMMFAO! :laugh2:

Yeah, after you revived it, I was about to quote and reply to that
posting with "Isn't is odd that the serious jerks are those who do
not allow ratings?"  ....but then I saw that the jackass was 10 years gone.

It was fun to see a thread from back with The Hawk was active here.

(he will probably crack up when he see this one revived)

JD

--------------------
Boyd Rice told my brother that life is a corny pack of freesakes

Myco-tek.org

Offline760Rollz
Out the game for now. Peace all
Male User Gallery

#15423835 - 11/25/11 08:54 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dioze1 said:
I don't know alot about Ps. Cyan's so I can't say much there..... BUT the PAN Cyan(and Trops) I will tell you, are VERY much worth the effort!!! I have NEVER(in 12 yrs) eaten any Cubes that were as VISUAL as these are. Not to mention a little goes a LONG ways. As for the pound for  pound of substrate/yields go, unless you are dealing- it don't matter(not an implication BTW). It takes a Goddamn 5 gallon bucket of Pans to amount to much weight! But, a gram and a half of these little fellers will blister your brain!!( Show me where I can get a gram and a half of cubes that will do that.)
<br>Pound for pound of substrate you MIGHT get more "juice" out of the Cubes, BUT Pound for Pound of shrooms, you will get a TON more "juice" out of the Pans.
<br>They are my fave!! They are EASY and FAST to grow!! And they will blow your mind!!
<br>Dioze1
<br>(a Pan Fan)
<br>
<br>
<br>

What tek do you use if ya don't mind me asking?  I have some Pan cyan spores and now you have me intrigued.

--------------------

InvisibleJavadog
Continuing along
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: 760Rollz]
    #15423849 - 11/25/11 08:58 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Dude, check that thread!

It is ancient.

That dude is long gone: Last seen: 5 years, 11 months

Take care,

JD

--------------------

Myco-tek.org

Offline760Rollz
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: Javadog]
    #15423978 - 11/25/11 09:24 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

:sorry:Oh well I see.  I just saw it a a new thread on the Cultivator forum and poosted.  It was new to me. My bad

--------------------

InvisibleJavadog
Continuing along
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: 760Rollz]
    #15424027 - 11/25/11 09:40 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

No worries mate.

I did this too, when getting going here.

(It really sucks when a thread is really good, but too old to participate in)

Take care,

JD

--------------------

Myco-tek.org

Offline760Rollz
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens: Is it worth is? [Re: Javadog]
    #15424048 - 11/25/11 09:45 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Cheers

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds