Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Alkaloids
    #4625653 - 09/06/05 03:03 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Me and 2 friends notcied something and I was just curious about it...

When we took 5grams of DRY mushies, and all fasted for about 10 hours...We all got a extreme body trip and close to no visuals...I know that each persons body differs and such, so it's not really a great hypothesis or whatnot...But anyways, onward...

Then from a different flush 3 weeks later we all ate about 55wet grams of mushies and the best way to explain it is...something along the lines of being in a universe where you can smell red and music is more than just sound, lol...Intense frickn visuals and the body trip was light to moderate...So I thought that maybe w/e chemcial it is that dissolves when ya dry might perhaps be the one that gives ya visuals...I've never heard anyone say which does which....so anyways...

Fresh mushies are more potent simply b/c the chemcials haven't had the chance to...Can't remeber the correct term but basically dissolve if you will....

I think it was pysilocin that was the one that began to deteroriate the fastest, something to do with it breaking down in air...

So I'm thinking that it's the one that causes visuals...Or atleast the one that has a lot to do with it...

Anyone have any info. on this? Haven't come across it yet..

TIA and Tc

-Gnostic

Edited by IGnosticAbhorI (09/07/05 08:53 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedjsage420
aka DJQBNSIS
 User Gallery

Loc: Panhandle
Re: Chemicals [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4625681 - 09/06/05 03:11 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Thats my world there!!! "Where music is more than music" I love giving some of my party goers some shrooms before I step up on stage and flip their wig with music that they not only can hear but see feel and one person told me he could "taste" music LoL.

The only reason I dont eat fresh mushies is because of difficulty measuring dose. I think every flush is different with their tripping properties. I have some thats body some visual I think its more your mind set not the shroom though.

--------------------
If you put your head to the grass, you can hear it growing

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Chemicals [Re: djsage420]
    #4625722 - 09/06/05 03:22 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

That's true, lots of variables to take into account....

But So far, EVERY time (for me and those 2 friends).....Fresh has always given us better visuals...

And the times i've tripped alone, dry has always made me feel...i guess you'd say more intune with everything...but i dont see stuff lol...Fresh makes my world dissapear...damn...lol

Anyways, I was just hoping someone could throw down some info. about it.

And a mushie party...hmmm...lol That sounds pretty crazy.

-Gnostic

Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4625741 - 09/06/05 03:28 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds plausible that there is a difference in dried/fresh. They will vary from flush to flush. Sclerotia has different ratios of cybin/cin than cubensis, as do other strains, and like you say upon drying the cubensis ratios will change. People seem to be able to tell the trips apart, most say sclerotia has a milder come-up.

Cannabis with varying CBD/THC ratios has obvious differences

The real test would be getting the same flush. Giving some fresh to your friends saying they are a particular strain noted for LACK of visuals. Then giving them the dried ones from the same flush telling them they are another strain/species noted for good visuals.
A sort of reverse placebo effect. So if they report the opposite you know you are onto something.

--------------------
support the free spore ring http://fsre.nl/

Edited by blackout (09/06/05 03:34 PM)

Offlinedjsage420
aka DJQBNSIS
 User Gallery

#4625747 - 09/06/05 03:29 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Try eating a higher dose of dried and tell me what kind of visuals you have. I dose 5 grams dried and somtimes I trip a little to hard but no lack of visuals there. I would just say experiment a little you are a veteran shroomer you can handle a hard ass trip so eat MORE!!!! Lol

--------------------

Offlinedjsage420
aka DJQBNSIS
 User Gallery

#4625751 - 09/06/05 03:31 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Also if you ate 55 grams wet you have no idea of the moisture content that could have been 4.5 grams dry weight or more I have notice some of my meatier strains have less water content.

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#4625758 - 09/06/05 03:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I thought that too...

Most i've ever had was about 10-11 dried grams and the visuals were coming on somewhat...But only to where like my vision fogged up..like i thought i saw fog...lol...that was about it...But the body trip was so intense that i couldnt walk or even stand...lol

And Psilocin (or maybe it was the other) Does in fact break down when you dry, that's why I thought that was the case....And I knew I'd get varying results from shroomery...lol...

But so far, Me and 2 friends have noticed quite a differece when taking dry versus wet...I'll always take wet now, but I just thought i'd post this up and see all the different anwsers and maybe get some facts down or some good info., so let's see where this goes :grin:

-Gnostic

Offlinedjsage420
aka DJQBNSIS
 User Gallery

#4625763 - 09/06/05 03:36 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Are you in darkness or light when you trip usually? I notice if Im in the light my visuals go away but in darkness they start kicking, or if Im in the dark looking at light they kick.

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#4625774 - 09/06/05 03:41 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

That's odd lol...Wow

Several times I've tripped in the morning and no matter if it was dry or wet, I'd have some intersting visuals...Not cartoonie and whatnot...But like, it looked so bright that I would open the door and look out and think that the sky was so close lol...I'd always think that if i jumped i'd end up stuck there b/c it was so close, lol...That was a great trip hahaha...

-Gnostic

Offlinedjsage420
aka DJQBNSIS
 User Gallery

#4625784 - 09/06/05 03:46 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I think its all a matter of how the stars and planets are aligned LoL. I view all trips as unique I dont want all trips to be the same I like visual, body, and I love those spiritual trips where I figure out the whole reason for human existance on the planet... They all are different and I love all of them I just let the shrooms take control and do their thing.

--------------------

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #4625930 - 09/06/05 04:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

As you know, psilocybin is metabolized into psilocin.  And yes, psilocin breaks down fairly rapidly over time.  So fresh mushrooms are always going to be more potent than dry mushrooms.  If the batch happened to have a high psilocin to psilocybin ratio, then the fresh ones will be much more potent than the dry ones.

I don't mean to be a jackass, but comparing trips is about the most unscientific thing you could possibly do.  There are so many factors that influence the specifics of a trip and your recollection of it that you just can't do it accurately, without comprehensive in-house lab studies.

And yadda yadda yadda.  Just go with what works for you. :thumbup:

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#4625936 - 09/06/05 04:26 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'd agree with ya...But i'd like to know which chemicals do what...lol

-Gnostic

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

#4628646 - 09/07/05 03:24 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well, we're not exactly drawing from a huge pool of chemicals, here. I would like to know too, though. For example: how long does it take for the psilocybin to be metabolized into psilocin? And during that time, what does it do, if anything?

There are other chemicals found in minute quantities in mushrooms, but the only other two that people ever mention are baeocystin and norbaeyocystin. What do those do? Anything?

Invisiblethemills
Posts do notindicateIntelligence

Re: Chemicals [Re: Land_Crab]
    #4628759 - 09/07/05 04:40 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Land_Crab said:
Well, we're not exactly drawing from a huge pool of chemicals, here. I would like to know too, though. For example: how long does it take for the psilocybin to be metabolized into psilocin? And during that time, what does it do, if anything?

There are other chemicals found in minute quantities in mushrooms, but the only other two that people ever mention are baeocystin and norbaeyocystin. What do those do? Anything?

Not a big pool? I wouldn't be so sure. You have any proof that there is no other trace alkaloids in mushrooms that vary in relation to time, and or possibly strain? I personally cant afford chromatography on 30 different strains in different conditions.

--------------------
There are 2 possible outcomes: If the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement. If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you've made a discovery.
-Enrico Fermi
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sibling Gatling Gun of Looking at All Sides of the Question

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Chemicals [Re: themills]
    #4631127 - 09/07/05 07:55 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

themills:

That's what I said, or meant when I wrote:
Quote:

I should have used the name "alkaloid" instead of chemical. Yes, there are other alkaloids present there in trace quantities. However, given the fact that there have been no reports of variation between the effects of pure (synthesized/extracted and isolated) psilocybin and the mushroom as a whole, we can hypothesize that any other alkaloids present do not present significant physical or psychoactive effects.

I wish there was more research on this.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Chemicals [Re: Land_Crab]
    #4631347 - 09/07/05 08:45 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

As do I.

I read somewhere in Adv. Cult about beaocrystin(sp?) in higher amounts has given as closer to god like feeling....but thats just one person, so, lol...

I'll keep on looking into it :thumbup:

And alkaloid is def. what the title should have been, I'm a bit rusty :P

-Gnostic

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#4631351 - 09/07/05 08:47 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yeh it is quite redicilous considering all the variables.

I wonder what the trip would be like it you tried each alkaloid by itself...:shrug:

Whatever works lol

-Gnostic

OfflineSilly_Cyben
not-quite-newbie

Loc: USA
    #4631693 - 09/07/05 09:46 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I've had very visual trips with 3 grams dried and less visual trips with over 60 grams of fresh shrooms. I'd have to agree that it seems difficult to pinpoint any one factor that will guarantee a certain quality of trip. Taking 10 mg of Marinol (pharmaceutical THC) with shrooms seems to increase the visuals as does taking prescription yohimbine, a mild MAO inihibitor.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation