Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Lame question about Marijuana
    #4590737 - 08/28/05 01:59 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

hey. I have a stupid question which is lame because pot really isn't that big a deal at all, and the question i am going to ask will make it look like i'm making it out to be one.
Anyway, after 4 or 5 huge bonghits last night out of the 3-foot high amigo, and not smoking in a year (job) I got utterly fuckign blown out. I pretty much sat there for 2 hours in a thought loop about how i'm inferior to everyone (read on to see how). After 2 hours, I smoked more and then the thoughtloop mostly went away because my mind was so fucking tired of thinking, that I sort of sat there zoned out until I went to bed.
Now I'll tell you what I was thinking about and why it bothers me. I just need some advice or wahtever. Firstly, I know a lot of people will just say "dont smoke" if you don't have a good time.. but for some reason I keep doing it. I like it, I just seem to have a problem.

Last night I kept thinking I was going crazy.. like in my head I asked probably a thousand questions. I just kept asking questions over and over and over, questions about htose questions and questions about THOSE questions. It was just thoughtloops and shit. I saw all my freidns who smoked just as much as me were completely cool playing video games and whatnot.
I kept thinking that my brain is built differently than everyones, and that it always has to always worry about something.. why else would i be thikning so many mother fuckign questions at a million miles a minute? Everyone was sitting there cool playing video games and i was being mind fucked by 10000 questions. I kept thinking that maybe this is what "crazy" people feel like, and that maybe i'm mentally unstable. It was really quite unnerving... Like I would think about that, then be like "am i going crazy? because im thinking so many questions, will this make me lose my mind in the future as i get older??" Seeing none of my friends freaking out like me made it worse.

I've smoked quite a lot before, mainly all last year about once per week. I always had SOME feeling of this althought usually really small, but I have only gotten in 2 really bad thoughtloops like this one.
I planned on doing DMT and lsd and shroooms.. but after this I don't know. I really was looking foward to smoking for the first time in a long time, and thats why i smoked so much, but then it sort of ended up bad. I think wWAYYYY to fucking much. I dont know if this is a problem in my head, bad weed, not smoking in a long time, smoking a lot the first time, the atmosphere.. or a combination..
but im wondering, when you do shrooms or dmt, are people who are 'permantly changed' in a bad way after doing a lot at one time usually people who think a lot or think a little? Does anyone have really shitty times on weed (asking lots of questions to yourself) but have excellent times with other psychadelics?
I did a bit of shrooomms once and fucking loved them.. but nothing close to ego loss or dmt.

Sorry for the length and lameness of this post, I'm still faded and hungover. i know ASKING this question and making this post only proves that i 'think too much' about shit, but i would really like to get some advice because its fucking annoying, and i want to get it worked out before i do dmt  :smirk:

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWeAreAllOne
Opethian

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Lame question about Marijuana [Re: Limelight]
    #4590761 - 08/28/05 02:06 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

The exact same thing happens to me.  When I get really high, it's like

I have 10,000 voices in my head all trying to talk each other out of

what they're thinking.  One contradicts the other, and another

contradicts him.  And it never ends.  There is always a time when I'm

high that I feel like I want to come down.  After the high subsides,

however... I feel myself wanting to go up again.  I think it's just

how we are, man.  Nothing to worry about.  I'm perfectly sane,

although some people would tell you otherwise.

As for the part about DMT and shrooms, I can't really help you, having

used neither.

Good luck with sorting out what you want to do though.

:thumbup: :heart:

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

#4590765 - 08/28/05 02:08 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I just thought of this too.. i've never really seen a post like mine on here before just about weed.. being paranoid like me. and i know the fact that even if my freidns had a bad time like me, they wouldnt be making a post about it on the internet, they could easily dispell it in their mind.
That's why I feel fucked upin the head :frown: I'm paranoid or something..

I honestly don't feel like I am though in real life... I have many freinds, and i'm very chill, not excessively outgoing.

Its like a catch 22 :frown: I want to ask a qeustion to see whats wrong.. but asking that question only solidifies bad feelings of what i'm asking about.

FUCK i need a coffee

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Lame question about Marijuana [Re: WeAreAllOne]
    #4590769 - 08/28/05 02:10 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

WeAreAllOne said:
The exact same thing happens to me.  When I get really high, it's like

I have 10,000 voices in my head all trying to talk each other out of

what they're thinking.  One contradicts the other, and another

contradicts him.  And it never ends.  There is always a time when I'm

high that I feel like I want to come down.  After the high subsides,

however... I feel myself wanting to go up again.  I think it's just

how we are, man.  Nothing to worry about.  I'm perfectly sane,

although some people would tell you otherwise.

As for the part about DMT and shrooms, I can't really help you, having

used neither.

Good luck with sorting out what you want to do though.

:thumbup: :heart:

Thanks  :smile: It's really relieving to see that other people feel the same thing and they are sane.
I actually think it was just because i smoked way way too much. Last year i could smoke that much and not reall yhave a problem because iw as used to it. The people i smoked with already smoked like 5 times that day, that might be why they could just play video games or whatever.
Either way, thank sfor the advice brother.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflinePS_Cubes
Searching...
 User Gallery

Loc: ...for LSD
    #4590839 - 08/28/05 02:40 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe try doing something while your stoned, instead of sitting there and letting your mind get the better of you.  :wink:

--------------------

OfflineSnakemanj7
Friend of theForest
Loc: Alberta
Re: Lame question about Marijuana [Re: PS_Cubes]
    #4590870 - 08/28/05 02:49 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Try putting on some good mellow music, like Donovan or The Beatles and let the happy tunes pull you away from your bad feelings.

--------------------
...a splendid time is guaranteed for all

OfflineWeAreAllOne
Opethian

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Lame question about Marijuana [Re: Snakemanj7]
    #4590892 - 08/28/05 02:54 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

No problem, man.  And if you're ever going to smoke a lot like that

again, I would just suggest being with someone cool and listening to

music or playing games or whatever you like to do.  I usually only

have a shitty time when I'm by myself.  I get panic attacks sometimes.

:grin:

OfflineManicDelirium
MysteriousMycologist TechDeviant

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flawda
Re: Lame question about Marijuana [Re: Snakemanj7]
    #4590924 - 08/28/05 03:02 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

paranoia and voices in ones head is never good...Mabye you shouldn't smoke as much in one sitting if you get this side effect...sounds like early onset of schizophrenia...The pot must bring it out...

sit and meditate if this happens again...take control of your mind and understand what it's trying to tell you

--------------------
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" --long live the great Gonzo

Offlinepuwtrip
spirit molecule

Re: Lame question about Marijuana [Re: PS_Cubes]
    #4590950 - 08/28/05 03:08 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i've expereinced something very similar. for me, if i choke on too much smoke, it makes me feel bad so maybe take smaller tokes. also good quality weed is the only type that agrees with me (properly grown and cured). there are also 2 main types (head and body as they say) so you may want to try a diff type. but there are still times when i may feel off as you describe. it helps if you smoke on your own and feel comfortable with it before doing it with friends.

as far as mush/dmt it really depends. it's all about dosage and setting. for me a low dose of mushrooms is comparable to weed body feeling but emotionally, its like nothing weed has shown me yet (in a good way). i suggest you try some mushrooms when you can but try to start off low dose to avoid problems and reap the benefits of euphoria without being overwhelmed. most agree that there is no point in taking a low dose of dmt (at least smoked) as the effects would be short lived. same could be said for mushrooms, but they can really mess with you at that state.

do what you feel like doing. the fear of becoming mentally unstable is in my opinion a trick played on you by your 'other' self and the negative propaganda and imagery associated with "illegal/drugs substances"

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Lame question about Marijuana [Re: ManicDelirium]
    #4591064 - 08/28/05 03:47 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ManicDelirium said:
paranoia and voices in ones head is never good...Mabye you shouldn't smoke as much in one sitting if you get this side effect...sounds like early onset of schizophrenia...The pot must bring it out...

sit and meditate if this happens again...take control of your mind and understand what it's trying to tell you

yeah, make him paranoid while your at it. I wouldnt worry about the voices. maybe you should lay down by yourself next time and actually listen to what they have to say.

OfflineManicDelirium
MysteriousMycologist TechDeviant

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flawda
Re: Lame question about Marijuana [Re: yousuck]
    #4591078 - 08/28/05 03:51 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

make him paranoid?!?....He's the one who says he gets paranoid...You don't make someone paranoid it's a mindset..

Best advice is to sit alone and try to control your mind and body when this happens again...

--------------------
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" --long live the great Gonzo

Edited by ManicDelirium (08/28/05 03:57 PM)

OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
Re: Lame question about Marijuana [Re: ManicDelirium]
    #4591252 - 08/28/05 04:45 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

O don't worry about it do that all the time.
I will actually have conversation in my head though, i will argue whether or not its worth it to get up and get my lazy ass some munchies lol.

I would believe that the high you got was cuz you did not smoke for a long time and then you took allot out of a mad bong with some decent chron.

also try different types of weed, it sounds you had some weed that was a pretty strong sativa.

OfflineAlobar
A Bucket of Lard

#4591304 - 08/28/05 05:07 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

In all likelihood the reason why your friends seem okay is because they are okay??their minds don't work like your mind. This might be a good thing or a bad thing. Depends on how you look at it. Here's something I wrote about schizophrenia and marijuana in another thread:

As for schizophrenia??though it may be a curse from a social perspective (society has failed to condition you, and you're left bewildered by and resentful of their efforts), it can be a blessing for the individual. Society (friends, family, etc.) wants you to feel good, or dumb??"stay with us, outside your head!" The comfort of television, the comfort of talking to sisters, the comfort of relying on people and having people depend on you??it all adds up to fitting into the hive, knowing how to be a good worker ant, etc.

But what of that internal space? Some of us are so conditioned that smoking marijuana is the same as watching televison??we need more and more of it to stay stimulated, until we're smoking it all day long and not getting a kick. Worker-ant-humans do this with everything they can get their hands on??cigarettes, alcohol, money, sex, toys, jobs, and so on. According to society, this is the right thing to do??stay saturated, keep consuming, until your mind is so bogged down that you come to rely on hour-long phone conversations and five beers before bed. The worker-ant is after kicks. The schizophrenic, when he is not rendered docile by society's anti-psychotic drugs, is experiencing a flood of novel stimulus because his mind has never learned to assimilate to society's comforts. He smokes marijuana and his friends say, "What the fucks wrong with you? Man up!" because he has trouble following pointless conversations meant to fill up space and hide the underlying structure??the structure that the schizophrenic is truly interested in.

So when some of us first start smoking marijuana, we're amazed by its power??it can be a more powerful catalyst for thought than any other psychedelic. But our friends quickly remind us that we shouldn't feel this way. That "it's just pot, stop tripping and being a pussy." "Play our game! Play our game!" "Don't indulge in your own thoughts! Come out of your head and man the fuck up!"

And the more often the schizophrenic smokes pot, the more he realizes that he doesn't need it. The thoughts are always there, hidden by the noise of society. So he starts closing himself off from the buzz of everyone else's petty games??"Why can't I get this job? I'm just as good as so-and-so! She just knows how to network! Fucking hob-knobber!"??and devotes his attention to what truly matters to him??his thoughts.

From there a world of beauty unfolds, full of peril. The pitfalls of introspection are many and frequent, and society flexes it's I-Smell-A-Problem, I-Think-I'll-Stick-My-Nose-In-It muscle and tells the schizophrenic "I think you're strange. Eat these pills and they'll make you a bit more like us." Or rather, "If you don't stop thinking about that crap, we'll MAKE you stop. And we'll make you play, too."

But the schizophrenic doesn't want to play??it's the way he's wired. So a lifetime of "episodes" and hospitalizations follow, with everyone hoping for him to "get better." And it's sad to see a "big man," as Kesey would put it, held back. But hey, it's for his own good.

Hope that doesn't scare you too much. I enjoy being super-sensitive to pot. There's a challenge in every high to overcome my ego and utilize my racing mind in a creative and expressive way. Otherwise, I get lost in the consternation of everyone else's regard.

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

Re: Lame question about Marijuana [Re: Alobar]
    #4591599 - 08/28/05 06:48 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

one of the effects listed on erowids is racing thoughts & paranoia. your suffering from both. if i were you, seriously id take a xanax or two, drink a few beers to get a little tipsy and chill out.

if you dont smoke much, and u smome more then u can handle, u get so blazed & dont know whats goin on. its like a mental trip for me sometimes if i smoke too much.

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Lame question about Marijuana [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #4594407 - 08/29/05 09:47 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for your posts guys.

This schizophrenia thing honestly bugged the hell out of me.. haha. At frist it looked like that description fit me, but then I read on and I don't really think it does.
I never have voices in my head sober that tell me what to do or anything.. just standard thinking. I'm not detached and I have many friends who say they like hanging around me. I'm chilled out though because I don't really think i'm good at being super energetic and outgoing.
Anyway, how should I go about meditating and trying to control it? That sounds like a good idea. I tried at the time to tell myself to shut up.. and it would always work for like 3 minutes, then I would get the first thought of my thoughtloop and it would start again.
Actually though.. now that I think about it, it was prolly the fucking game that caused it. I already played mario kart way too much so i just sat there and watched them play it for hours... i wouldnt have fun sitting there watching them nomrally.. so why should i stoned?
Its sometimes hard to forget you can really get something out of nothing with weed (unlike shrooms and other psychadelics) :wink: I cant just sit there stuper stoned doing nothing and have an awesome time. Thats prolly why I like mushrooms, is because im LOOKING to do something which weed cant offer.

aynway, whatever :o

--------------------

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4594429 - 08/29/05 10:14 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I use to be alot like you. I'd get super paranoia when I'd smoke, but then other times the high was just so nice, so obviously I'd smoke more.

However, I find that there is a level where I can get so stoned that it just becomes uncomfortable, so I obviously avoid it. I also have found that the more I've smoked, the more accustom I've become to the thought loops and whatnot, where they become something not so negative.
It's just a matter of knowing yourself and understanding your limits. There are almost two aspects to pot: a super chilled side, and a maniacally paranoid side. You just have to almost train yourself (although, without fighting it, because clearly that is the opposite of chill) to embrace the chill side. Space out, forget about your thoughts, just think of them as noise.

Basically, just slowly work your way up...you dont have to be a champ to the rest of your friends and take massive hits like they are. Work your way up...trust me, it gets a ton easier the more you are in that mindstate.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
    #4594531 - 08/29/05 11:36 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Don't worry about shit dude, you re not insane, you do not have schizophrenia. Don't listen to these mofos that say you may have a repressed case of schizophrenia, they dont know shit, there talking out of their axx. You just got super high and super paranoid. Nothing new, it happens everyday around here. You know what I never experienced paranoia and thought loops till I started to read some posts that said weed can bring ego loss and that weed can change you. I used to smoke tons to no effects. But every time I smoke now its like all I can think about is Am I going to be alright?. I know its a product of reading what some of these nut jobs on here that think they know it all and give bogus advise. I am starting to get back to my old high, (just pure fucking highness, no paranoia) by just simply when that thought comes into my head, I just laugh and say fuck you. Usually works right away.

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: Lame question about Marijuana [Re: prefloppro]
    #4594568 - 08/29/05 11:52 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Don't worry about shit dude, you re not insane, you do not have schizophrenia. Don't listen to these mofos that say you may have a repressed case of schizophrenia, they dont know shit, there talking out of their axx.

:rolleyes:

One in about twenty people is at the brink of some very serious psychological trouble.

It's admirable you are willing to bet his life that he will be OK.
You're advocating that he should dismiss any concerns about his health and just keep hitting the chronic.

Quote:

I am starting to get back to my old high, (just pure fucking highness, no paranoia) by just simply when that thought comes into my head, I just laugh and say fuck you. Usually works right away.

Teach that trick to the one in five persons who at one point in their lives experience such psychologic problems that they qualify for getting in-patient psychiatric care.

I don't know it is justified but most of the discussing people do to examine the risks they might be taking when doing drugs is to be encouraged. If he is to use pot again, let it be after his fears are put to rest, insted of repressing them with more drugs.

Quote:

I am starting to get back to my old high, by just simply when that thought comes into my head, I just stick my head in the sand. Usually works right away.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
Re: Lame question about Marijuana [Re: Asante]
    #4594616 - 08/29/05 12:14 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Ok MD, you know it all. I am sure you do have a MD with that great medical knowledge. lol. It all in the mind. If you believe (just a simple thought) something is wrong something is going to be wrong. If you believe your sick, you re most likely going to be or get sick. I never once had a problem till I started using this site and started to read some of the problems others have. I know for certain, thats when my high took a different turn. Not for the worse or better, it just made me self conscious of weed and my mind. I do not hide from what is happening to me, I simply have looked into myself and found the source of the problem and corrected it. So dont go misquoting me because of my advice.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #4594725 - 08/29/05 12:49 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Pot can be incredibly psychedelic, especially after an extended break like you had. My first time getting truly stoned was incredibly intense and much like you described..."Am I crazy", etc. Common thoughts in a society that puts so much emphasis on marijuana causing you to ruin your life :smirk: Pot (especially certain sativa-ish strains) simply affects some people this way...like some people get a massive ego on alcohol, some people lose or fight against losing their ego on marijuana. I really think you'll be fine...sitting around worry 'Am I schizo' will not help the situation...simply put down the pipe before you get that high or don't smoke---pot clearly isn't for everyone :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience